You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 am

Plus, he's a proud Catalan who wouldn't mind Spain not winning the WC ;) Now, enough with the conspiracy theories.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:49 am

I don't give one flying fvck about the German national team if their failure means we can win one more title this season, even if it is the Super Cup or something.

Maybe I'll be convinced otherwise once Löw is gone, but for now, I've kinda given up on them.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 pm

quaazi wrote:I don't give one flying fvck about the German national team if their failure means we can win one more title this season, even if it is the Super Cup or something.

You know... There are a lot of Bayern players on the German NT list... One can argue that the success of Nationalmannschaft has a high correlation with the development of a not-so-small group of Bayern lads.... So even if someone is not a [direct] German NT fan, it makes sense if they would root for it as a Bayern fan...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Wow Gomez hasnt been gone for a month and people have already found a new person on Bayern Munich to hate on :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:53 pm

dambun wrote:You know... There are a lot of Bayern players on the German NT list... One can argue that the success of Nationalmannschaft has a high correlation with the development of a not-so-small group of Bayern lads.... So even if someone is not a [direct] German NT fan, it makes sense if they would root for it as a Bayern fan...

Then why was German club football not as prolific in Europe around 1990? Or inversely, why was the national team so godawful after between 1997-2002 despite German football kicking all sorts of ass on the club scene between 97-02?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Chalant » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Wow Gomez hasnt been gone for a month and people have already found a new person on Bayern Munich to hate on

We all love scapegoats. Wonder who'll I hate when Robben leaves..

And the conspiracy that Pep is deliberately benching Kroos and Gotze (Krotze?) so that they suffer is bollocks.
Last edited by Chalant on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:08 pm

dambun wrote:
quaazi wrote:I don't give one flying fvck about the German national team if their failure means we can win one more title this season, even if it is the Super Cup or something.

You know... There are a lot of Bayern players on the German NT list... One can argue that the success of Nationalmannschaft has a high correlation with the development of a not-so-small group of Bayern lads.... So even if someone is not a [direct] German NT fan, it makes sense if they would root for it as a Bayern fan...

I don't agree with this.

Only arguably Barca/Spain is the only real example of when this is true.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby dambun » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 pm

quaazi wrote:
dambun wrote:You know... There are a lot of Bayern players on the German NT list... One can argue that the success of Nationalmannschaft has a high correlation with the development of a not-so-small group of Bayern lads.... So even if someone is not a [direct] German NT fan, it makes sense if they would root for it as a Bayern fan...

Then why was German club football not as prolific in Europe around 1990? Or inversely, why was the national team so godawful after between 1997-2002 despite German football kicking all sorts of ass on the club scene between 97-02?

I'm specifically speaking of the current Bayern team... there are a bunch of young German players who are a fundamental part of our squad... I don't think anyone would deny that achieving International success (either with Bayern or the German NT) would directly affect their development as a player...

there were not so many young German NT players in the Bayern squad back then when we won the CL in 2001, for example... Most of the key players were not German at all... and among those few Germans, Effenberg was not in the NT... the likes of Strunz and Fink were not even serious NT players... the situation is different this time around...

lau03143 wrote: don't agree with this.
Only arguably Barca/Spain is the only real example of when this is true.

This is actually a very good example.... Barca has been the infrastructure for the Spain NT over the past few years, just like Bayern for die Nationalmannschaft... this can be the case with Bayern too...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby huknife » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 am

It seems there are a few people here that seem not to care about the fortunes of the NT. That is fine. My theory was not for them, rather for those people who actually care that Bayern can be a very important step for the continued success of the NT, mainly the Senior Management who with their transfer policy of ' Young promising German players' have very evidently pursed to aid this goal.

On the other hand, I'm sure that board actually gives a flying fvck and would be concerned, or would have sought assurances.
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:49 pm

While the NT-Club correlation argument makes sense in theory, it doesn't happen in reality. The best example is Bayern destroying everything after that painful Euro 2012.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 pm

huknife wrote:It seems there are a few people here that seem not to care about the fortunes of the NT.

I´m one of them. :wink:

Unfortunately for you and others NT fans, it seems that our bayern will start helping Spain, by giving Del Bosque more options for his midfield with Thiago and Javi :lol:
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 pm

I personally am a fan of the NT. However, it would be completely fine with me if we win some silverware and the NT end up knocked out again. Still, winning the WC would make a lot of our players happier and that's why I would be sad if they didn't manage to win it.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I am and always have been club over country.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Yeah, but... Scotland... :lol:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby jaybayern » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

honestly dont care about NT they could lose for all I care but when they affect my team that is when i draw the line
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion