You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:48 pm

RedQueen wrote:I just found it too funny that you of all people would talk about ignoring glaring facts.

Heh, not ignoring anything. I acknowledged that some fans in Munich dislike him, while also stating that I see more Pep Raus on forums like this. Is that incorrect? Not in my experience. If you have proof or data otherwise, in addition to the picture, please post - I'm more than happy to concede I was wrong.

I'm not going to say "the sky is falling" when that's not the case.

Also, I agree that KHR may be a bigger problem than Pep, but I think he of all people would want to keep the Bavarian identity of the club.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Data, as in representative data? No. Today there's an online poll in tz that says 63 percent of the voters think Pep is (at least in part) the reason Schweinsteiger left. Same tendency on the facebook pages. But I'm not as gullible as to believe that this is in any way representative. And he's under in the media from tz to Spiegel even to "Die Zeit", of course. Most of them, even "Die Zeit", pointing to a "loss of cultural identity" :lol: Heynckes and Hitzfeld singing the praises what a unique player Basti is doesn't exactly help.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:40 pm

RedQueen wrote:Data, as in representative data? No. Today there's an online poll in tz that says 63 percent of the voters think Pep is (at least in part) the reason Schweinsteiger left. Same tendency on the facebook pages. But I'm not as gullible as to believe that this is in any way representative. And he's under in the media from tz to Spiegel even to "Die Zeit", of course. Most of them, even "Die Zeit", pointing to a "loss of cultural identity" :lol: Heynckes and Hitzfeld singing the praises what a unique player Basti is doesn't exactly help.

Likewise, http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bay ... 41389.html ;)

Anyways, done with this topic... moving on.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Korab wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Lol. I never said that was the story of Bayern Munich. I said that's the story of a team that took its successful gegenpressing style and tried to keep doing it forever. I'm showing why 2013 Bayern would have been beaten eventually, the same way the world thought how 2011 Barcelona would live forever. In any case you are only proving my point that things happened to BVB whether they wanted them to or not.

The wheels come off eventually one way or the other, and in a game where everyone is trying to get every little advantage you can, losing that little bit makes a big difference. Eventually a key player will be injuried, like Messi was in 2013 or Ribery and Robben were for us. Or something else will happen. Don't get salty about it :wink:

No, I'm not proving any of your points at all. You and me don't know how that "gegenpressing" would work for BVB if not internal problems and loss of key players. On other hand wheels came off tiki-taka system before Guardiola came to Bayern. He inherited team on top and at once started to convert that winning team to the one without wheels as you say. I understand that each coach wants to have his own impact on their team but trying to totally convert winning team to something absolutely different? Looks like your Guardiola used Bayern as polygon for his experiments. And your point is that this change of style is the future for Bayern, this will keep it on top? Looks like that style does not help too much Spain to stay on top.

I never said tiki-taka would keep Bayern on top. Now you are really making shit up :lol:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:56 pm

I have a feeling that he'll end his affair with Kalle very very soon, sooner than most ppl in here think...
I still remember his first official match in the super cup vs bvb ... That was the very 1st time I was :evil: at him...
Then came the chelsea match and Javi came to our providence and I started to accept him seeing Ribery hugging him etc etc...
Later came the fifa wc... Ok...
Then the End of the s****y capitulation in the UCL ... :evil:
Last season we started it the same..with a heavy loss... In the super cup vs bvb... My criticism towards him continued to grow to reach the level of this very moment

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:04 pm

I feel quite the opposite. I think he will renew his contract for one more year, and take it one year at a time from there.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:07 pm

MoFattal wrote:I feel quite the opposite. I think he will renew his contract for one more year, and take it one year at a time from there.

The board should not accept a one yr ext! we cannot be always walking on a thin line & in the uknown of what might be next...
If he really cares to the cause he'll commit himself...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 pm

I agree with that, but extending for one year now justifies, to some extent, shaping up the team to his liking. Personally, I like Pep and think he should stay for a while longer. -I know you don't ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:14 pm

I think I made my feelings very clear:grin:

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:37 pm

It's hard to say if that banner was work of a few individual fans or a bigger group. I like Pep and would like to see what he can do with a fully fit and healthy squad. His Barcelona/Messi worship is the one thing that gets on my nerves, though.

I just hope that Basti's departure doesn't divide fans; there's a long season ahead and the team needs our full support. :thumbup:
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby ottackon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:33 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:40 pm

He "MUST" win the Bundesliga... Everything else is pretty much optional... But that one is mandatory...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Burko » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 am

Word must is not correct. I think should is better. :mrgreen:
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby nonbaryonic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Hey guys, just joined this forum after browsing for years. Basti's departure almost made me go into a severe depression of sorts. In my opinion, it's all Guardiola and of course KHR's backing. Found an amazing post on another forum regarding our wonderkid Pep - I couldn't have said it better so just re-posting it here.

lately the clash between pro/anti Pep members has been getting somewhat aggressive with members on both camps accusing the other side of either being irrationally negative.
for the last time I am making this post to put things out there. explaining things from my own point of view as an ANTI-PEP person.

do I hate Pep?
nope, can't hate a person that I never met.
I don't hate Pep as a person.

Do I think Pep is an Asshole?
Yes, the way he conducted himself on several occasions warrant me the right to call him that, the way he treated the American coach, the medical staff and most of all how he lied to us all (more on that last point later)

But, Do I hate how he managed Bayern in the last two seasons?
Yes I do. But does that make me a hater?
in my own mind, no. I don't think so.

Do I think I can do a better job than Pep?
No, that's somewhat a silly question.
the world of sports is a form of entertainment. as a fan/audience you don't need to be a critic/expert to tell if the play you are watching is good or it sucks. it's similar to that in football, I maybe don't have experience to train superstars on day to day basis, but I can sure tell when I am watching a horrible match.

so what are those valid concerns I mentioned in the subject of this post?

- Pep is a lair
for me this reason alone is more than enough to make me never trust him.
anyone who would deny this point is an outright hypocrite Pep Fanboy.
earlier in one of his press conferences he said that he will adapt to the players not the other way around.
sadly this was a lie. and everything he done from that point forward negates that statement, the recent departure of Basti is a further prove of that statement being a lie.

- Formations & Fluidity
Pro Pep members often say that even football experts are no longer able to predict Pep's lineup and formations, that's how fluid Bayern have become, every player can play in every position.

I believe that it's totally false, I believe Pep keeps changing lineups and formations because he's still stuck in the experiment phase with Bayern.
Yes, two years coaching a team but still stuck in that phase. the reason for that is his inability to adapt to the players he has in his disposal but rather trying hard to enforce his only football tactic he knows on the players.

Pro Pep fans will say that Injuries forced him to change formations a lot.
also false.
Because injuries doesn't enforce you to play with 3 men defense with Rafinha as your LCB, against the most deadly attacking trio in the world.
Injuries doesn't enforce you to push your defensive lineup so far up the pitch and even though you get punished for it over and over again, you still stand there and do nothing about it.

the only tactic he knows (not my words, he openly admitted that) are not made for humans, it's for robots.
his tactics doesn't take into consideration that his players are actually humans, and humans make mistakes.
his tactics are heavily dependent on precision passing inside the opponents half, which means in order for his tactics to work, the defensive line MUST BE pushed so high up the pitch to help maintain the ball in the opponents half, but with that comes the risk of being destroyed by the counters, especially if you are playing against a team that can execute counters.
Pep is trying to seek perfection with his playing style, but that style focuses too much on attack and totally neglects the defense.

football needs a practical mind, not one that seeks perfection in a team made of humans.
remember how Inter/Chlease managed to beat his Barcelona side?

- Pep is fake
I don't believe that Pep is a world class coach, he wouldn't make it into my top-10 list of best coaches around the world.
not only that his success are bound to one team, but rather bound to certain type of players, if he doesn't have those players, he wont succeed.

stubborn to a severely imbalanced system that needs robots to pull it perfectly. and even so it still will fail because of it's defensive deficiencies.

he said he wont change his playing style, and I firmly believe we wont have any success with that outside of the normal Bundesliga challenge, therefore I wish he leaves soon.

From best in the world to Mediocre
Lahm -- some people will say that Lahm was actually great in CDM position before he got his leg broken. I disagree I think he was good at best, nothing special, no where near how important he was in the right back.
people also argue that Rafinha was good in RB, I also disagree.
because "Good" is simply not enough when you used to have the BEST in the world there.
Lahm's movement, defense, overlaps and crosses are easily 10 times better than what Rafinha can ever do.

Alaba/Bernart
same argument here, Alaba is actually good in CM, a lot better than what Lahm will ever be. but still he was the BEST as LB. I also like Bernart a lot. and I think he can develop into a world class LB. still his lack of experience and his defensive weaknesses makes me question, did we actually needed a CM that bad that we convert our BEST IN THE WORLD full backs into CMs?
My answer is no.

The Martinez/Basti due
The injury excuse will be used here again. I only have two things to say about this;
where is Basti now?
When Martinez was injured last year, did we buy a CB or CDM as his replacement?

The transformation is almost complete.
yep, the transformation of Bayern into a Barcelona wanna be team is almost complete.
with Basti gone, the emptying process of our midfield of any players with defensive qualities (Destroyers or otherwise) are almost complete.
we are only left with an old Alonso, and a young unfavorable Rode.

I don't think Bayern performance against Top teams in the bundesliga or outside it will improve this year, because Pep will continue to play and enforce his imbalanced system.
nonbaryonic
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Wow, that post is cringeworthy #-o

nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion