You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Wow... The disrespect to our players is baffling. How anyone can be against Thiago or Alaba is beyond me. Thiago has given his all when fit and proven to be one of our top 3 best players and Alaba is IMO the best most-complete player on earth. A midfield of those two plus someone else will be fantastic. The best in the world even.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Thiago, trades places with Müller, goes shallow, spots the advanced midfielder with the ball who spots him back, already running, in between the CBs facing the wrong goal. He receives the ball and does a faint kick which offsets the right CB, the left one's leg is too far to block the shot. The keeper, unfortunately, is perfectly positioned - vertically - between him and the bewildered defender. He takes the shot with the perfect side of the foot so the ball curves past the keeper but hits the wrong side of the post as a consequence.

That was the best of yesterday. That and him again flying over players in sequential fashion. Oh I think he's ready for 2016 alright.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:39 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Wow... The disrespect to our players is baffling. How anyone can be against Thiago or Alaba is beyond me. Thiago has given his all when fit and proven to be one of our top 3 best players and Alaba is IMO the best most-complete player on earth. A midfield of those two plus someone else will be fantastic. The best in the world even.

I don't know what being "against" our players is to you. I, and I suspect many others as well, are simply not confident enough in their ability to match the world's elite central midfielders. Thiago is a gem, but he has had way too many injuries early on in his career, and while great on the ball he has yet to show he can control a midfield as well as some of the more cerebral players out there like Schweini, Pirlo, Xavi, or even Xabi. He has a knack for being a bit to reckless at times.

Alaba is a good midfielder, energetic, athletic, but nowhere close to what he is at LB and nowhere close to the elite CMers in the world. Lahm in midfield I won't even talk about as I think he is completely mediocre there, he doesn't offer anything significant.

I very much hope I am wrong ofcourse but I am not convinced.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 pm

endrity wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Wow... The disrespect to our players is baffling. How anyone can be against Thiago or Alaba is beyond me. Thiago has given his all when fit and proven to be one of our top 3 best players and Alaba is IMO the best most-complete player on earth. A midfield of those two plus someone else will be fantastic. The best in the world even.

I don't know what being "against" our players is to you. I, and I suspect many others as well, are simply not confident enough in their ability to match the world's elite central midfielders. Thiago is a gem, but he has had way too many injuries early on in his career, and while great on the ball he has yet to show he can control a midfield as well as some of the more cerebral players out there like Schweini, Pirlo, Xavi, or even Xabi. He has a knack for being a bit to reckless at times.

Alaba is a good midfielder, energetic, athletic, but nowhere close to what he is at LB and nowhere close to the elite CMers in the world. Lahm in midfield I won't even talk about as I think he is completely mediocre there, he doesn't offer anything significant.

I very much hope I am wrong ofcourse but I am not convinced.

Disrespectful as in the whole midget trash talk. Alaba played his best football last season on his CD/libero position and to me it is very clear that he was the player we were missing the most by the end of the season (even more than Robben). His work rate, speed, versatility, *fantastic vision*... He is already a great midfielder (top even) and don't forget he's still a kid. As a leftback, he was of course amazing, but don't forget either that his biggest asset was his telepathic connection to Ribery. As a crosser, Bernat is probably better and we aren't losing any speed or work rate either.

Lahm OTOH, I agree does not belong in midfield. Maybe as a 6, but not in a more advanced position. I wish he went back to FB.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Korab » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Lets for get any single players. To me: Great Team + Great Coach = Great Success, in Bayern case it should be even better because, I'm hearing, Bayern has the best coach in the world. Is there anybody around to explain to me where is the error in above equation?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Korab wrote:Lets for get any single players. To me: Great Team + Great Coach = Great Success, in Bayern case it should be even better because, I'm hearing, Bayern has the best coach in the world. Is there anybody around to explain to me where is the error in above equation?

It's missing some variables. I can suggest a few:
-Ability of team to remain injury-free throughout the year
---->Related, ability of the team to adapt to a new system (for example the Lewa-Muller combo upfront), once the old winger system was crippled by losses of Robben and Ribery to injury
-Mistakes throughout the staff including Pep
-The strengthening of other teams throughout the year, for example Barcelona

Otherwise, yes, solid equation. Somebody call the Bayern secretary and tell him (or her, equal opportunity) we have discovered the secret to great success.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby albanian7 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:49 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Korab wrote:Lets for get any single players. To me: Great Team + Great Coach = Great Success, in Bayern case it should be even better because, I'm hearing, Bayern has the best coach in the world. Is there anybody around to explain to me where is the error in above equation?

It's missing some variables. I can suggest a few:
-Ability of team to remain injury-free throughout the year
---->Related, ability of the team to adapt to a new system (for example the Lewa-Muller combo upfront), once the old winger system was crippled by losses of Robben and Ribery to injury
-Mistakes throughout the staff including Pep
-The strengthening of other teams throughout the year, for example Barcelona

Otherwise, yes, solid equation. Somebody call the Bayern secretary and tell him (or her, equal opportunity) we have discovered the secret to great success.

Add motivation to that equation. Because after Robben was injured against Dortmund, it always looked like the 11 men on pitch didn't want to be here and were only passing the ball around for the sake of it. And I think THAT is the reason some of us got angry, not simply not going to the CL final, but the fact that our players simply decided to stop playing
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:04 pm

I don't think there is need for any variables. What you basically said is: the team is not Great (crippled and lacking adaptability to the coach) + not Great Coach (mistakes, can't convert players to his system). Quality of opposition should not influence the equation outcome just make it more pronounced - Great Success.
We will wait and watch coming season with great attention to see what will be done to change something on the right side of equation. And I wonder who is closer to Greatness, team or coach.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:38 pm

"Pep und Sklave KHR": Krasser Fan-Protest an der Säbener Straße [source]

What's this? Protests against Guardiola and the Asshole? :?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 pm

FCB general wrote:What's this? Protests against Guardiola and the Asshole? :?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yup... Fans are worried about a loss of identity, already discussed in the Schweini thread... It's not just about him, it's also Müller-Wohlfahrt and Claudio...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:29 pm

This sort of attitude and talk is getting far too much tolerance. There's free speech and then there's this sort of uninformed vitriol. No manager or board are perfect, but the levels of criticism from some quarters are inconsistent with being a fan and supporter of the club. No, not one of them could do as good a job as Guardiola or any of the board members.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Badger wrote:No, not one of them could do as good a job as Guardiola or any of the board members.

Not of one is is getting the seven figure salary either.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:49 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
Badger wrote:No, not one of them could do as good a job as Guardiola or any of the board members.

And what's that supposed to mean?
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Well you also have to see that no fans = no party. You just have to please the fans to some extent.
This is the toughest spot to be in though, there's nothing they can do to change what they are being criticized about right now...bringing in a new star player obviously won't help (although the prospect of winning the CL with an improved squad next year could ease the pain), bringing Schweini back is not an option...I guess they could extend with Pizza, but what good will that do at this point?
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Badger wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:

And what's that supposed to mean?

It means that you don't need to be able to do the job better than them to voice your opinion.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion