You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 pm

this morning I had a conversation with a German (Stuttgart fan) her husband is Maltese and we have conversations on everything... today he told his wife that I am not a Pep lover ...
Her answer was... everyone is ... he seems to live in his own world... like he is a weird person... when asked questions his answers are out of context ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon May 25, 2015 2:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:we have conversations on everything...

that 'everything' may include quite a lot :lol:

ramsej84 wrote:Her answer was... everyone is ... he seems to live in his own world... like he is a weird person... when asked questions his answers are out of context ...

Remember that any German that is is not a Bayern fan, deep down hates Bayern and as I know it, the rivalry from Stuttgart fans towards Bayern is not small so I wouldn't take any comments coming from such as truly honest.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:55 pm

she is a lady, and is not really into football but she probably says what she listens to in the street... but yes she is not a reliable source being from Stuttgart.
Last edited by ramsej84 on Mon May 25, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Kevinx67 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 pm

To be fair Guardiola came to Bayern one year too late. After Bayern won the treble what was he going to do? The team was prime to win back to back CL trophy's. All he needed to do was put the same team out their and let them play But no he doesn't just make small changes with the team. He makes way too many and screwed the chemistry the team had under Jupp. You get a pass the first year but being this is Bayern Munich and after the second consecutive embarrassing loss in the CL you need the boot in the ass.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 pm

FYI, Stuttgart's mayor Fritz Kuhn is an outspoken Bayern Munich fan.
Kevinx67 wrote:To be fair Guardiola came to Bayern one year too late.

Too late? I don't quite understand, I'm afraid. Are you suggesting that Bayern would have won the treble under Guardiola? Or that Bayern wouldn't have won the treble?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FootballFan » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Tbf, had it not been for the injuries I feel Bayern would've had the treble. I mean Barca had issues with Messi and 2 years before now they were struggling, Madrid this season miss James and Modric, which effected them. I mean Bayern have Ribery/Robben, Alaba, Martinez, Thiago all out and in between Lahm, Basti, Benetia, etc. Even having just Ribery/Robben I felt they could've gotten by Barcelona, they just couldn't find space for someone exploit them and players like Muller/Lewy were going to be burned to the ground as they were playing 2-3 games a week and carrying the burden of leading the attack, Lewy even breaking his jaw or something along the way. This was never going to be easy, in the first half they look like a completely different team and this with injuries only conceding 8 goals, which was great, this is were I felt Pep went wrong the team performances just dropped obviously injuries did get worse. I feel this would've been the year with a healthier squad.

If reinforcement aren't bought in then it'll be similar the next season, as players are aging and injuries still persist.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby S4k4zulu » Mon May 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Amen footballfan... I will love to blame pep but not this season. But not until he have a full healthy squad

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 26, 2015 8:16 am

RedQueen wrote:FYI, Stuttgart's mayor Fritz Kuhn is an outspoken Bayern Munich fan.

I did not say that people from Stuttgart cannot be Bayern Munich fans, the people in discussion were people who support Stuttgart.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat May 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Grading Pep Guardiola on Bayern Munich's 2014/15 Bundesliga season | B/R [source]

And two interesting tweets:

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Reinhart » Sat May 30, 2015 2:26 pm

It could be that every coach in the top 6 adapted to Guardiola's tactics in his second season because they have the quality to do so while the mid-table teams don't so they have to park the bus.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 30, 2015 4:04 pm

When we were dominating we get stick because the league was too boring, now it gets more competitive we're still getting stick. What a bunch of muppets haters are.

We're still at the top of the table that matters, so what? Besides, none of the losses this season felt "OH NO, SERIOUSLY GET BACK UP GUYS, OTHERWISE WE WON'T WIN THE LEAGUE". None of them matter. We were already untouchable in the first half (unbeaten, remember?), what's wrong with being complacent for a bit? The players and staff are human, humans tend to do that.

Wolfsburg 4-1 was the day where Wolfsburg simply wanted it more, they needed to work harder to get 2nd place than us maintaining 1st. Add to that the sheer spirit of those Wolfsburg players including the emotional push of the tragic Malanda accident whereas our players were most definitely hangover. 0-2 Gladbach was a bad day, our offenses didn't work and Neuer became Weidenfeller for once. Both Schalke matches, Di Matteo was playing for a draw and they got it. Losses to Leverkusen and Augsburg I couldn't care less about because that was after we won the league. That's sort of the point of celebrating a league win early, right? So that we're allowed to lose the rest of the matches without consequences?

Point is it doesn't mean a thing. When the league was still open, we beat everyone and that's the only thing that matters.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun May 31, 2015 10:59 am

Of course it means something. We collected 12 points against the top 6 in 10 games. You can twist and explain that all you want (honestly all I see in your post is a bunch of excuses like "they wanted it more" "we didn't really need it" - right.), but those numbers are just harsh...

Also the guy isn't giving us stick, he just posted some stats and raised an interesting question...

It matters because if we can't deal with teams like Leverkusen or AUGSBURG how do you expect to be competitive in CL? I'm not talking about winning, but actually having a chance. All of the teams we are likely to face in last 8 will be better than Wolfsburg, let alone Augsburg or Leverkusen.

"Losses to Leverkusen and Augsburg I couldn't care less about because that was after we won the league. That's sort of the point of celebrating a league win early, right? "

Not really, no. Unless you have no competitive spirit. You can rest your more important players for more important games, but we didn't really do much of that this season either. Some of those losses came with only 1-2 young players in the team...

Reinhart wrote:It could be that every coach in the top 6 adapted to Guardiola's tactics in his second season because they have the quality to do so while the mid-table teams don't so they have to park the bus.

This is probably why, I expect something similar would have happened if Jupp stayed for one more season - probably not this extreme, but something similar.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 am

Leverkusen and Augsburg beat us after we won the league. We beat them both when we still needed points (0-4 against Augsburg, no less, and you want to tell us we can't deal with them?)

Schalke was two disappointing draws, but they did draw against Chelsea days before/after one of our games, so I guess our CL competitors can't deal with them.

Wolfsburg and Gladbach were two of our worst games this season and we deserved to lose both. Shit sometimes happens. Against Wolfsburg we took as many points as they did against us. Against Gladbach the other game was a draw.

The only team out of the top 6 that did better against us than we did against them was Gladbach, so in my opinion they're the only ones we should be concerned about. Remember though, Gladbach have always done well against us, even with Jupp as coach.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun May 31, 2015 12:24 pm

It's 12 points on a TEN GAME sample. These excuses are not enough for that. I'm not saying we should be overly concerned but we shouldn't be in denial either and say "these numbers mean nothing".

In the CL it's 1 draw, 1 win against against Shahktar, 1 loss, 1 win against Porto, 1 loss, 1 win against Barca. So that's 10 more points in 6 games, which means 20 points in 18 "big" games. Saying that a 1.1 point average in 18 (!) games against our "strongest" opponents "means nothing" as you said before is a little weird to me. Don't need to be overly concerned, but there's nothing wrong with certain questions being raised, which is exactly what the poster of those tweets did...

You can single out any game and say "yeah we played bad there", "well we got unlucky", "there we didn't need to win", "Barca is the best team in the world right now". But that doesn't really fly on an 18 game sample imo.

Us not really having a response when a team knows how to play against us, plus all those injuries probably explain the drop. I guess it will be interesting to see these numbers after next season, with new signings, (hopefully) less injuries, and somewhat changed tactics (since these teams will likely need another season again, to adapt). I expect to top this list too next season...
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:47 pm

And you're generalising all 18 games. There is in no way the exact same factors play in our 6-1 against Porto and losses against Leverkusen and Augsburg. None of the Bundesliga games after the winter break are nearly as "big" as Champions League matches. Even before we mathematically won the league our players know they've won it. That mentality must be taken into account in these sub-par performances.

We performed terribly in the first-legs of the CL ties, so we brought the game to the second leg. In Pep's or any of the players' minds, there is no way they are ignoring the feeling that "alright it's a 2-game tie, can always fix anything in the second leg" before even starting the first leg, as much as you or they want to believe in the "one match at a time" mentality - this is basic fundamental human nature. None of those games are independent. We shouldn't generalise it as if all 18 games are "big". The games against the smaller teams in the first half of the season were surely bigger than games against bigger teams when the league table already took shape.

Looking at the end product, as far as I'm concerned, we won all the must-win games apart from Barcelona. That's what I care about. When we won the league early, it's difficult to even think of a "competitive spirit" - there was literally no competition.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion