You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 20, 2015 11:15 pm

I've read over the past few days thay City are not letting go of Pelligrini this summer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby REVENGEOFTHESITH » Wed May 20, 2015 11:31 pm

Anyway how much are we paying Guardiola??
REVENGEOFTHESITH
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby sws » Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 pm

REVENGEOFTHESITH wrote:Anyway how much are we paying Guardiola??

Kalle said it's a single digit million euro salary. So around but below 10m, I guess.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby REVENGEOFTHESITH » Wed May 20, 2015 11:57 pm

sws wrote:

Kalle said it's a single digit million euro salary. So around but below 10m, I guess.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ei ... guardiola/ Forbes says 24 million dollars and http://www.t-online.de/sport/fussball/b ... ainer.html and T-News says 12 million euros

Anyway just to be clear Heynckes earned 5 million euros
REVENGEOFTHESITH
Getting the hang of it

Postby sws » Thu May 21, 2015 12:03 am

REVENGEOFTHESITH wrote:
sws wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45ei ... guardiola/ Forbes says 24 million dollars and http://www.t-online.de/sport/fussball/b ... ainer.html and T-News says 12 million euros

Anyway just to be clear Heynckes earned 5 million euros

Yes, those numbers are including sponsorships (like his with Adidas) and other income sources. IIRC France Football also said that Lewandowski is making €20m and that Messi is making €65m but that's including all income sources but obviously we're not paying Lewa that much.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Messi ... aie/545838
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby dambun » Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 am

raz25 wrote:Just because we didn't win the first 2 seasons, doesn't mean that our chances of winning it increase dramatically, or that it's expected of Pep to win it at least on the third attempt. We will get new players and we will be even better tactically prepared but we will still have more or less the same chances of winning it. It's a lottery in which Bayern, Barca and Real have good chances of winning it and Chelsea, Atletico, Juventus, PSG and others have small chances of winning it.

Even if we will be by far the best team in the world (no injuries, all the new players integrating well and Lahm/Robbery still playing at top level) we will still have far less chances of winning it than the combined chances of all the other teams, it's just logic/math. That's why it's stupid to expect any team to win it in this era. I know a lot of you feel like the golden era of Robbery and Schweini/Lahm would be wasted if we didn't add another CL trophy to our cabinet, but it doesn't work like that. Barca had/has even more of a golden generation of players and even they felt short in competing every year.

What we can ask from Pep is to be on the same level or better (for the highly demanding of you out there) than Barca/Real when we go against them. That didn't happen last year and it arguably didn't happen this year either, so yeah, I also expect a more even fight against the other giants in Europe next year and that's it, that's what the board thinks too, and that's how you should see it as well, otherwise there's a very good chance of being disappointed.

A Great post by raz25.... =D> =D>

We can't EXPECT any coach to win the CL... there are many deciding factors that are out of every coach's hands... on top of that, it's a multiplayer game! There are many other sides who pay huge salaries and work toward the same goal... It's just stupid to EXPECT any coach to win the CL...

All we can expect from a coach, IMO, is preparing a team capable of competing at the highest level... We should be able to measure the performances, and ensure that we are staying at the highest level... if we do that, the trophies will come by themselves sooner or later... and we'll win the CL every few years... :coffee:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Abc456 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:58 am

dambun wrote:
raz25 wrote:Just because we didn't win the first 2 seasons, doesn't mean that our chances of winning it increase dramatically, or that it's expected of Pep to win it at least on the third attempt. We will get new players and we will be even better tactically prepared but we will still have more or less the same chances of winning it. It's a lottery in which Bayern, Barca and Real have good chances of winning it and Chelsea, Atletico, Juventus, PSG and others have small chances of winning it.

Even if we will be by far the best team in the world (no injuries, all the new players integrating well and Lahm/Robbery still playing at top level) we will still have far less chances of winning it than the combined chances of all the other teams, it's just logic/math. That's why it's stupid to expect any team to win it in this era. I know a lot of you feel like the golden era of Robbery and Schweini/Lahm would be wasted if we didn't add another CL trophy to our cabinet, but it doesn't work like that. Barca had/has even more of a golden generation of players and even they felt short in competing every year.

What we can ask from Pep is to be on the same level or better (for the highly demanding of you out there) than Barca/Real when we go against them. That didn't happen last year and it arguably didn't happen this year either, so yeah, I also expect a more even fight against the other giants in Europe next year and that's it, that's what the board thinks too, and that's how you should see it as well, otherwise there's a very good chance of being disappointed.

I don't think by conceding 5 goals in the last two semis we are competing at the highest level or are at the same level as Madrid/Barca.

We can't EXPECT any coach to win the CL... there are many deciding factors that are out of every coach's hands... on top of that, it's a multiplayer game! There are many other sides who pay huge salaries and work toward the same goal... It's just stupid to EXPECT any coach to win the CL...

All we can expect from a coach, IMO, is preparing a team capable of competing at the highest level... We should be able to measure the performances, and ensure that we are staying at the highest level... if we do that, the trophies will come by themselves sooner or later... and we'll win the CL every few years... :coffee:
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Birthday

Postby prasun77 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Today:
Pep:
"If Bayern Munich are looking for a coach that has to win the treble every year then I'm not the one they want," he told reporters at a press conference on Friday. "I'm not good enough to do that.

"I've learnt that people talk too much here, my advice to my critics is to calm down. They should have more respect for the German champions.

"The Champions League might be the greatest crown in club football but, for us, winning the Bundesliga is the most important thing and we did that."
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:57 pm

To whom he is refering? The journalists?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:01 pm

I see he's been on this forum lately.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:06 pm

99.999% of the criticism he gets...esp from my part is due to his stubbornness and the way he makes us play.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Fri May 22, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:29 pm

ramsej..SILENCE!..we better be careful now..Pep is on this forum!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:27 pm

Guardiola declines Barca's invite to attend the final in Berlin...IAt least... it could be either that he had a visit by an Angel or it was :sammerlook:this... [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby albanian7 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:35 pm

dambun wrote:

It's perfectly normal to not win the treble every year. It doesn't bother me if we don't win CL next year, because lets face it, the most talented players of this era are not part of Bayern (bcz Robben & Ribery are not on their top form).

The problem is, we were humilitated by both Barca & RM in the semi-finals. We lost to Wolfsburg, BM Gladbach, Bayer Leverkusen and Ausburg, so that basically means we won BuLi only because of easy matches. We lost to Porto. We were lucky for not facing the top teams in CL until we met Barca, but we could had easily have to play against Chelsea/PSG/ATM/Juve/Real/Barca in quarter-finals. We progressed to Pokal semi-final on penalties.

There were some great matches here and there, but overall, it has not been a season to be proud of. I've been a Bayern fan for the past twelve years, and I've seen my team on a lower level, but it's the first time I cannot see how we can improve. It's the first time the players are so unmotivated and even with our strong financial positioning, we cannot get world-class players.

albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon May 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Maybe I missed it but I don't think that Pep was handed the mic yesterday at the Marienplatz balcony. I don't think that this is usual, I remember that the coach always says something to the crowd below. What do you think ?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion