You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Machiavellico wrote:Pep will undoubtedly get some fresh blood this summer. There won't be any excuses if he still fails to get to a CL final. First season it was the players adapting to his tactics, second season it was the injuries... Blaming circumstances for the third time would be quite naive.

I hope we don't reach such a situation and Pep finally delivers. But in the event that we don't... I think his supporters should stop whinging about the context of what's happened during his *reign* here.

Boy, will the coming season be big...

If i were u, i wont get my hopes that high for a cl final. It requires skills and luck divided against the top teams from europe, which is more than 2 teams. What we want is consistent good fights against top teams, and not get humilated every semi-finals. God, i think alot of us is just too spoiled after jupp's achievements and the cl trophy he got us.
User avatar
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Machiavellico » Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 pm

shindouhikaru888 wrote:If i were u, i wont get my hopes that high for a cl final. It requires skills and luck divided against the top teams from europe, which is more than 2 teams. What we want is consistent good fights against top teams, and not get humilated every semi-finals. God, i think alot of us is just too spoiled after jupp's achievements and the cl trophy he got us.


Pardon me for not thinking of Bayern as a second tier team.
Image

PE14
User avatar
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm
National Flag:
Romania
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 211 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:45 pm

I am not sure if I am going to say something which makes sense here but I think that when we had most of the players available and we were using the weird tactic of a 3-3-3-1 we were doing ok. Can somebody confirm pls?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22272
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 18699 times
Been thanked: 5345 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby sws » Wed May 20, 2015 12:15 am

ramsej84 wrote:I am not sure if I am going to say something which makes sense here but I think that when we had most of the players available and we were using the weird tactic of a 3-3-3-1 we were doing ok. Can somebody confirm pls?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2


I like it but ideally Alaba should be fit for it to work to it's full potential.
User avatar
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 89 times
Gender: Female

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 20, 2015 12:24 am

sws wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I am not sure if I am going to say something which makes sense here but I think that when we had most of the players available and we were using the weird tactic of a 3-3-3-1 we were doing ok. Can somebody confirm pls?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2


I like it but ideally Alaba should be fit for it to work to it's full potential.

I agree. Alaba and Robben are our two most important players. Alaba is the one who provides the intelligence and flexibility that allows us to play in that kind of formations. His speed, positioning, and intelligence are what we missed the most.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4766
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 1908 times
Been thanked: 1890 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:04 am

True... Alaba...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22272
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 18699 times
Been thanked: 5345 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby raz25 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:53 am

Machiavellico wrote:Pep will undoubtedly get some fresh blood this summer. There won't be any excuses if he still fails to get to a CL final. First season it was the players adapting to his tactics, second season it was the injuries... Blaming circumstances for the third time would be quite naive.

I hope we don't reach such a situation and Pep finally delivers. But in the event that we don't... I think his supporters should stop whinging about the context of what's happened during his *reign* here.

Boy, will the coming season be big...


Just because we didn't win the first 2 seasons, doesn't mean that our chances of winning it increase dramatically, or that it's expected of Pep to win it at least on the third attempt. We will get new players and we will be even better tactically prepared but we will still have more or less the same chances of winning it. It's a lottery in which Bayern, Barca and Real have good chances of winning it and Chelsea, Atletico, Juventus, PSG and others have small chances of winning it.

Even if we will be by far the best team in the world (no injuries, all the new players integrating well and Lahm/Robbery still playing at top level) we will still have far less chances of winning it than the combined chances of all the other teams, it's just logic/math. That's why it's stupid to expect any team to win it in this era. I know a lot of you feel like the golden era of Robbery and Schweini/Lahm would be wasted if we didn't add another CL trophy to our cabinet, but it doesn't work like that. Barca had/has even more of a golden generation of players and even they felt short in competing every year.

What we can ask from Pep is to be on the same level or better (for the highly demanding of you out there) than Barca/Real when we go against them. That didn't happen last year and it arguably didn't happen this year either, so yeah, I also expect a more even fight against the other giants in Europe next year and that's it, that's what the board thinks too, and that's how you should see it as well, otherwise there's a very good chance of being disappointed.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
User avatar
raz25
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 136 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Machiavellico » Wed May 20, 2015 12:21 pm

raz25 wrote:Just because we didn't win the first 2 seasons, doesn't mean that our chances of winning it increase dramatically, or that it's expected of Pep to win it at least on the third attempt. We will get new players and we will be even better tactically prepared but we will still have more or less the same chances of winning it. It's a lottery in which Bayern, Barca and Real have good chances of winning it and Chelsea, Atletico, Juventus, PSG and others have small chances of winning it.

Even if we will be by far the best team in the world (no injuries, all the new players integrating well and Lahm/Robbery still playing at top level) we will still have far less chances of winning it than the combined chances of all the other teams, it's just logic/math. That's why it's stupid to expect any team to win it in this era. I know a lot of you feel like the golden era of Robbery and Schweini/Lahm would be wasted if we didn't add another CL trophy to our cabinet, but it doesn't work like that. Barca had/has even more of a golden generation of players and even they felt short in competing every year.

What we can ask from Pep is to be on the same level or better (for the highly demanding of you out there) than Barca/Real when we go against them. That didn't happen last year and it arguably didn't happen this year either, so yeah, I also expect a more even fight against the other giants in Europe next year and that's it, that's what the board thinks too, and that's how you should see it as well, otherwise there's a very good chance of being disappointed.


Lottery? This is the top level. Not EL where you might play well or you might get mauled like Wolfsburg. No, you make your own luck. If you're good enough(Like Barcelona was against us this year) you don't have to rely on luck as you point out. That's the goddamn reason new signings will be made, so that we won't rely on luck. Pep's a perfectionist. He doesn't leave details to fate's mercy, or at least he claims so.
We were not at top level in these years. If you are pleased with playing the same way we did, then that's your problem. The board shouldn't be.
We don't remember the golden era from the seventies because of 3 consecutive semi-finals, but because of three consecutive cups. 30 years from now, people won't say*Oh, Pep managed to do decent then, especially given some bad injuries*. History doesn't give a shit about that.
Good performances may be pleasing you now, but it is titles and trophies that make the name, whether we like it or not.
Image

PE14
User avatar
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm
National Flag:
Romania
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 211 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Rauntšik » Wed May 20, 2015 5:16 pm

"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
User avatar
Rauntšik
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 349 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:30 pm



Do you mean in a months time, cause we are still in spring? :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22272
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 18699 times
Been thanked: 5345 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Rauntšik » Wed May 20, 2015 5:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:


Do you mean in a months time, cause we are still in spring? :lol:


I think the next one.

DiMarzio also reported that.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
User avatar
Rauntšik
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 349 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:36 pm

but if he goes in Summer 2016 who will take charge of Man C in the meantime? ...

I think they either hire him (Guardiola) now or else Ancelotti, I don't think they'll keep Pellegrini for another year...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22272
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 18699 times
Been thanked: 5345 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby raz25 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Machiavellico wrote:Lottery? This is the top level. Not EL where you might play well or you might get mauled like Wolfsburg. No, you make your own luck. If you're good enough(Like Barcelona was against us this year) you don't have to rely on luck as you point out. That's the goddamn reason new signings will be made, so that we won't rely on luck. Pep's a perfectionist. He doesn't leave details to fate's mercy, or at least he claims so.We were not at top level in these years. If you are pleased with playing the same way we did, then that's your problem. The board shouldn't be.


It seems you aren't able to read/comprehend a full post or understand very simple ideas, or you just read through lines and tackle half sentences that you could give a quick reply to. I don't know if I should bother, but I'll try again.

The CL is a lottery. Not in the literal sense where you have 1 in a million chance but a lottery where as I said, the top teams (Barca, Real, Bayern) have a decent shot of winning and then there's the theoretical weaker teams like Juve, Chelsea, City etc. that have smaller chances. Let me try with an example. If you were to turn back time, knowing beforehand the impressive level that Barca would reach this season, and be asked to take a bet and choose between Barcelona or all the other 31 teams combined, who would you choose? Keep in mind that the draws could be different, that Bayern might not have all the injuries they had this season or that Real might be in the same form as in the first half of the season or that etc. etc. You get the point. Would you bet on Barca? Please don't answer if you are going to say yes.

Pep is a perfectionist and I agree with you, he tries not to leave details to fate's mercy, but there's no perfect strategy in football. Let's assume that Pep figured out a perfect strategy against each team, can the players also implement his ideas perfectly? Can the defense always coordinate when doing an offside trap? Can we efficiently be pressing with the same and right intensity for a full 90 minutes? Can we always defend set pieces? Let's assume that we can also do that for 7 games, the exactly 7 most important games of the season (CL knockout stages). Everything fine so far, but what are we going to do about possible injuries or refereeing mistakes? I'm just trying to point out how many variables could go wrong in the CL and over a 2 games tie they have a big impact. Even the legendary 2013 season could have been a 'disaster' if Arsenal would have scored another in AA. That's why it's stupid to expect to win the CL at the beginning of the season or at any point in the season for that matter. And that's why it's always Bayern's objective to win the Bundesliga and not the CL, because it's the fairest competition, because small details don't make the difference and why we won it so many times.

I didn't say that I'm satisfied with the way we played but I guess we already agreed that you didn't read my post entirely. I said that we felt short against the big dog last year and we arguably did again this season. I will be satisfied when we will as a big or an even bigger dog when we go against them without caring for the result, and that's a correct/feasible objective for Bayern/Pep.

Machiavellico wrote:We don't remember the golden era from the seventies because of 3 consecutive semi-finals, but because of three consecutive cups. 30 years from now, people won't say*Oh, Pep managed to do decent then, especially given some bad injuries*. History doesn't give a shit about that. Good performances may be pleasing you now, but it is titles and trophies that make the name, whether we like it or not.


That doesn't matter. You live in a fantasy world where you think CL has the potential of being a one-horse league if Bayern really wants it :lol: .

Of course 99% of people couldn't care less of how we lost in 2012 or 2001, or how Pep had a good run at Bayern in 2015 despite extreme injuries, what's your point? Oh you are saying the we should win the CL next year, and the next year, and the next year too? Damn I wish the board thought that way.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
User avatar
raz25
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 136 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Wed May 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Rauntšik wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:


Do you mean in a months time, cause we are still in spring? :lol:


I think the next one.

DiMarzio also reported that.
Can't see tweet? Click here!


Now this is getting boring. I think they should keep him and if what is being said is true about his two conditions, they make sense.
User avatar
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 142 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCB general » Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:but if he goes in Summer 2016 who will take charge of Man C in the meantime? ...

I think they either hire him (Guardiola) now or else Ancelotti, I don't think they'll keep Pellegrini for another year...

It won't be hard to get a conclusion once the City board announce their new manager. The name of the next manager(if Pellegrini definitely leaves this summer) will tell us about their plan, thereby plans of Guardiola with City.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6175
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Around the blue
National Flag:
Caribbean Community
Has thanked: 2411 times
Been thanked: 2614 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo! [Bot] and 5 guests