You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:I cant believe some of you would think that a coach as competitive as Pep wants anything else than winning every game and every trophy.

The guy spends day and night thinking about next opponent and you come with something like he isnt commitet to his work with us.

He is the most passionate coach we ever had.

Our board brought him because they wanted someone to keep us at the top. And we are still here and will be one of the favorites to win CL next season. That is everything normal fan can wish for. We brought Pep because we needed contuinity.

Dont act spoiled and look at other top clubs. Only top club that had better season than us is Barcelona and Juve and even they can come up with winning "only" domestic competition.

Chelsea won only PL and got embarassed against PSG...at their home ground, parking a bus while playing against 10 men. Mourinho in his second season after splashing money in the summer.

Man Utd werent this happy in a long time...and they barely managed to scrap 4th to catch that CL qualification spot.

Real Madrid, last seasons best team...won nothing. and they added Kroos and Rodriguez to their squad.

You dont need to be happy that we won "only" bundesliga but dont act like we got relegated and dropped out in the CL group stage.

I said it before and I will say it now...I would be more than happy to win CL every 5-6 years and in the meantime we get as close as possible to winning it. Because people who follow football for some time know that you cant win it every year and if you somehow manage to win it two or three times in 10 years...you need to be over the moon because something extraordinary happened.

I always believed that if this guy is contracted for 3 years then lets have patience, although there was no reason to justify last year's slump in form, this year we have the slump and the injuries, I hope that we'll see the best for last. I am afraid however that if the club hired him for a 3 year mission but these setbacks delayed him from fulfilling his obligation, then the remaining 1 year maybe not enough for him.
Don't forget that he is a also a perfectionist as well. Once I read that perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway. I hope that this obsession is not taking over to the level that he just gives up trying new things because nothing cannot be perfect as his Barca. Have you seen the video of him in ecstasy shouting "Badstuber, I love you - Das ist Fußball" during that rondo ? This maybe distracting him from other areas of improvement such as corners, long balls etc. about which many have worn their fingers out repeating here.
As for his hiring by the club it also have to do with the recent international marketing of the Bayern brand although I hope that Kalle is keen to leave his mark in titles as a worthy successor to Uli.
With regards to the CL titles didn't he make this extraordinary thing during his time at Barca ? So do we need to do like him and accept that Bayern is not Barcelona. A couple of years ago we were starting to see a Bayern who was challenging the Spanish clubs dominance but tell me do you see any continuity with that ? Don't be fooled with the home result against Barca, although we won, there was never a threat for the aggregate result, they were more happy avoiding injuries and cards.
I am happy that we reached the CL semi for yet another year but have we started taking this for granted to the point that we think we will be there next year to make up for it ? This is not a team with nothing to show for, who has got this coach to try to qualify for CL. Most of these players won CL and WC so common sense tells you to ride the crest of the wave while it lasts, after all that is what he did with Barca, wasn't it. Once that its over of course you will have to wait for CL title.

what if the (apart from the injury plague) slump is due to an inferior fitness training? Just saying...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Abc456 wrote:Just tell me a simple thing that will we be able to compete at european level 4-5 years later knowing that city,psg,chelsea,madrid and barca etc will spend big on players ? Can we even buy a star player at the moment like Hazard or Bale or Di Maria ? Or in our history have we ever bought one of the best players in the word?
I don't think we will win the CL soon maybe after 20 years if some miracle happens this was probably our best chance and I am sorry to say we have ruined it and with Pep in charge and players old we are not going to be the favourites next season probably quarter finals at best. Wolfsburg is going to take the title and be prepared for a trophyless next season.

We don't need to spend 100mm per transfer window. have you forgotten that Lahm, Schweini (who have been absolute best in their positions at their best) came from our academies? Have you forgotten that we have young guys like Müller or Alaba who came through our academy and are absolute top of their positions? Do you forget that we have kids like Gaudino or Hojbjerg who have shown all the signs that they too might one day be absolute world beaters? Do toy forget we got Thiago and Bernat under Pep? Thiago is even Ballon D'Or material in my book.

Stop your pessimism.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm

MUTU wrote:Before I take this any further, it seems like it's only quoted on some questionable websites. Doesn't look like it's on the German press. Could these quotes have been made up?

At first I thought you were just trolling...but now I see that Abc sucked you into his "anti-pep" movement :lol:
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 14, 2015 3:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:I cant believe some of you would think that a coach as competitive as Pep wants anything else than winning every game and every trophy.

The guy spends day and night thinking about next opponent and you come with something like he isnt commitet to his work with us.

He is the most passionate coach we ever had.

Our board brought him because they wanted someone to keep us at the top. And we are still here and will be one of the favorites to win CL next season. That is everything normal fan can wish for. We brought Pep because we needed contuinity.

Dont act spoiled and look at other top clubs. Only top club that had better season than us is Barcelona and Juve and even they can come up with winning "only" domestic competition.

Chelsea won only PL and got embarassed against PSG...at their home ground, parking a bus while playing against 10 men. Mourinho in his second season after splashing money in the summer.

Man Utd werent this happy in a long time...and they barely managed to scrap 4th to catch that CL qualification spot.

Real Madrid, last seasons best team...won nothing. and they added Kroos and Rodriguez to their squad.

You dont need to be happy that we won "only" bundesliga but dont act like we got relegated and dropped out in the CL group stage.

I said it before and I will say it now...I would be more than happy to win CL every 5-6 years and in the meantime we get as close as possible to winning it. Because people who follow football for some time know that you cant win it every year and if you somehow manage to win it two or three times in 10 years...you need to be over the moon because something extraordinary happened.

I always believed that if this guy is contracted for 3 years then lets have patience, although there was no reason to justify last year's slump in form, this year we have the slump and the injuries, I hope that we'll see the best for last. I am afraid however that if the club hired him for a 3 year mission but these setbacks delayed him from fulfilling his obligation, then the remaining 1 year maybe not enough for him.
Don't forget that he is a also a perfectionist as well. Once I read that perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway. I hope that this obsession is not taking over to the level that he just gives up trying new things because nothing cannot be perfect as his Barca. Have you seen the video of him in ecstasy shouting "Badstuber, I love you - Das ist Fußball" during that rondo ? This maybe distracting him from other areas of improvement such as corners, long balls etc. about which many have worn their fingers out repeating here.
As for his hiring by the club it also have to do with the recent international marketing of the Bayern brand although I hope that Kalle is keen to leave his mark in titles as a worthy successor to Uli.
With regards to the CL titles didn't he make this extraordinary thing during his time at Barca ? So do we need to do like him and accept that Bayern is not Barcelona. A couple of years ago we were starting to see a Bayern who was challenging the Spanish clubs dominance but tell me do you see any continuity with that ? Don't be fooled with the home result against Barca, although we won, there was never a threat for the aggregate result, they were more happy avoiding injuries and cards.
I am happy that we reached the CL semi for yet another year but have we started taking this for granted to the point that we think we will be there next year to make up for it ? This is not a team with nothing to show for, who has got this coach to try to qualify for CL. Most of these players won CL and WC so common sense tells you to ride the crest of the wave while it lasts, after all that is what he did with Barca, wasn't it. Once that its over of course you will have to wait for CL title.

what if the (apart from the injury plague) slump is due to an inferior fitness training? Just saying...

Welcome back from your summer break :wink:
The fact is that I cannot do anything but the 1st time maybe attributed to bad luck, but after it happened the 2nd time one expects the management to raise questions and a proper analysis of this season is carried out.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:09 pm

:lol: you are right but I cannot help it... I don't remember having this kind of discussion after last season's debacle vs REAL...
My only consolation is 2012 and a year later ............................................. we all know what happened....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Thu May 14, 2015 4:07 pm

In my view, Bayern are about to make a big mistake with Guardiola by letting some forces undermine him. As for the Real Madrid 0-4 game last year, we all know how it happened, how the players influenced Guardiola to play a certain way. They should get him the players he wants, and let him bench whoever, allow him to have full authority over players.
Last edited by fashiondesign_guru on Thu May 14, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:12 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Abc456 wrote:Just tell me a simple thing that will we be able to compete at european level 4-5 years later knowing that city,psg,chelsea,madrid and barca etc will spend big on players ? Can we even buy a star player at the moment like Hazard or Bale or Di Maria ? Or in our history have we ever bought one of the best players in the word?
I don't think we will win the CL soon maybe after 20 years if some miracle happens this was probably our best chance and I am sorry to say we have ruined it and with Pep in charge and players old we are not going to be the favourites next season probably quarter finals at best. Wolfsburg is going to take the title and be prepared for a trophyless next season.

We don't need to spend 100mm per transfer window. have you forgotten that Lahm, Schweini (who have been absolute best in their positions at their best) came from our academies? Have you forgotten that we have young guys like Müller or Alaba who came through our academy and are absolute top of their positions? Do you forget that we have kids like Gaudino or Hojbjerg who have shown all the signs that they too might one day be absolute world beaters? Do toy forget we got Thiago and Bernat under Pep? Thiago is even Ballon D'Or material in my book.

Stop your pessimism.

Yeah whatever I have seen enough of them but how many midfielders will we play in the game defenders , wingers and strikers are also important . Guardiola is using the same tactics again and again aginst quality side and even juventus would have beaten us if we played like that.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm

tflags wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:
Laughing and chitchating with Messi at half time when his team is down and beyond a shadow of a doubt eliminated is the last drop.

OMG, they chitchatted? THEY CHITCHATTED??

He keeps saying he'll be here next season. Nothing beyond 2016. It doesn't seem to me like he has any sort of long term plans with us, which bums me out most, because we always seem to have long term plans (see the signing of Martinez for instance, or even Guardiola, who we probably brought here because Jupp would have retired a year later anyway).
So yes, I'm questioning his loyalty and commitment to Bayern.

OMG he said he doesn't know if he will renew? OMG HE HASN'T COMMITTED LONGER THAN NEXT YEAR???

My personal opinion like I said, you can feel free to disagree, like you clearly do.
Not that your sarcastic response deserves a reply anyway ;)
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 14, 2015 4:15 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:As for the Real Madrid 0-4 game last year, we all know how it happened, how the players didn't listen to Guardiola and wanted to play their own way.

That's what Perarnau writes. Have we ever heard an account from a player or anyone else about that incident? Just wondering.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:16 pm

It is clear that we wanted Real to play like hamburg so that we could win and it failed but was a great tactical masterclass.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Abc456 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Stop your pessimism.

Yeah whatever I have seen enough of them but how many midfielders will we play in the game defenders , wingers and strikers are also important . Guardiola is using the same tactics again and again aginst quality side and even juventus would have beaten us if we played like that.

You are just proving youre just hating. Lewy would have not had to drift to the left had Ribery been available. Lahm would have had no space in midfield had Thiago and Schweini been in top form. Robben was first choice every time he was available. Rafinha would never have been a CD if Javi/Alaba were fit. Injuries forced Peps hands. The only debatable point is Lahm, but I just can't imagine Pep using him in central midfield if Thiago were fit and Schweini and Xabi had not been out of form/overused. Maybe wingback/midfield hybrid, which could have been amazing IMO.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Yeah whatever I have seen enough of them but how many midfielders will we play in the game defenders , wingers and strikers are also important . Guardiola is using the same tactics again and again aginst quality side and even juventus would have beaten us if we played like that.[/quote]
You are just proving youre just hating. Lewy would have not had to drift to the left had Ribery been available. Lahm would have had no space in midfield had Thiago and Schweini been in top form. Robben was first choice every time he was available. Rafinha would never have been a CD if Javi/Alaba were fit. Injuries forced Peps hands. The only debatable point is Lahm, but I just can't imagine Pep using him in central midfield if Thiago were fit and Schweini and Xabi had not been out of form/overused. Maybe wingback/midfield hybrid, which could have been amazing IMO.[/quote]

Name one game in which lahm played rb this season? And I was talking about our youth players that they are all midfielders.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:

Postby prasun77 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Abc456 wrote:
Name one game in which lahm played rb this season? And I was talking about our youth players that they are all midfielders.

really?so bayern ii plays with a midfielder in goal,midfielders in defence,midfielders up front?

Hmm..I must watch them play from now..must be hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Abc456 wrote:Yeah whatever I have seen enough of them but how many midfielders will we play in the game defenders , wingers and strikers are also important . Guardiola is using the same tactics again and again aginst quality side and even juventus would have beaten us if we played like that.

You are just proving youre just hating. Lewy would have not had to drift to the left had Ribery been available. Lahm would have had no space in midfield had Thiago and Schweini been in top form. Robben was first choice every time he was available. Rafinha would never have been a CD if Javi/Alaba were fit. Injuries forced Peps hands. The only debatable point is Lahm, but I just can't imagine Pep using him in central midfield if Thiago were fit and Schweini and Xabi had not been out of form/overused. Maybe wingback/midfield hybrid, which could have been amazing IMO.[/quote]

Name one game in which lahm played rb this season? And I was talking about our youth players that they are all midfielders.[/quote]
Name one game for which Thiago, Basti and Schweini were all fit and in form :)
PunkCapitalist

Postby sws » Thu May 14, 2015 11:08 pm

RedQueen wrote:
fashiondesign_guru wrote:As for the Real Madrid 0-4 game last year, we all know how it happened, how the players didn't listen to Guardiola and wanted to play their own way.

That's what Perarnau writes. Have we ever heard an account from a player or anyone else about that incident? Just wondering.

Lahm said the same, I think. Or at least there were reports of a "leading player" saying that it was the "most misunderstood game ever".
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion