You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby tflags » Thu May 14, 2015 11:51 am

MUTU wrote:Abc456, if you expect our club to start spending €100m on every player, I suggest you start following another club, because it won't be happening.

Barcelona spent 150 million during the past transfer season alone due to their impending ban among other reasons. Their current and past president have an appointment in court today and will probably face jail time for tax evasion related to the Neymar transfer. Just saying.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:53 am

But they reached the final , have almost won the league and are in the domestic cup final that is what a normal fan cares about isn't it?
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:56 am

Abc456 wrote:Against Madrid we had a full strength team didn't we ??

No Martinez and Thiago. On top of that, Pep admitted that that was a mistake where he followed requests from some players, dropping his intended game plan and switching to an attacking hybrid of 4-2-4 and the miserable 4-1-4-1 formation that we did against Dortmund in the Supercup earlier that season. That match for me was just a freak accident. The 3-0 Barca is the one in which we were properly outclassed.

Abc456 wrote:But they reached the final , have almost won the league and are in the domestic cup final that is what a normal fan cares about isn't it?

Please take MUTU's advice.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Abc456 wrote:Against Madrid we had a full strength team didn't we ??

No Martinez and Thiago. On top of that, Pep admitted that that was a mistake where he followed requests from some players, dropping his intended game plan and switching to an attacking hybrid of 4-2-4 and the miserable 4-1-4-1 formation that we did against Dortmund in the Supercup earlier that season. That match for me was just a freak accident. The 3-0 Barca is the one in which we were properly outclassed.

Abc456 wrote:But they reached the final , have almost won the league and are in the domestic cup final that is what a normal fan cares about isn't it?

Please take MUTU's advice.

Okay you are right I am wrong but I think next season we are going to end up trophyless or maybe will win bundesliga with some players leaving the club and Pep refusing to extend contract leaving then we will need to heir another coach and then rebuild again.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:06 pm

Abc456 wrote:next season we are going to end up trophyless

Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby tflags » Thu May 14, 2015 12:08 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
Laughing and chitchating with Messi at half time when his team is down and beyond a shadow of a doubt eliminated is the last drop.

OMG, they chitchatted? THEY CHITCHATTED??

He keeps saying he'll be here next season. Nothing beyond 2016. It doesn't seem to me like he has any sort of long term plans with us, which bums me out most, because we always seem to have long term plans (see the signing of Martinez for instance, or even Guardiola, who we probably brought here because Jupp would have retired a year later anyway).
So yes, I'm questioning his loyalty and commitment to Bayern.

OMG he said he doesn't know if he will renew? OMG HE HASN'T COMMITTED LONGER THAN NEXT YEAR???
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu May 14, 2015 12:19 pm

MillaMjau wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

We get it, Pep. We get it. Messi is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :roll: I can understand that Messi holds a special place in Pep's heart and history but seriously, enough is enough.

OK, I have criticized Pep before but I never truly joined the PEP RAUS bandwagon.

Now I do. Just on this statement alone, he should be deported back to Spain and not allowed to set foot in Germany ever again. This is extremely disrespectful towards not only Bayern, but for all of German football history. It'd be equivalent to Van Gaal telling the English media that he hopes they could get the rights to watch the Bundesliga so that they can see what real goalkeeping is. They'd probably lynch him there and then.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:

Postby MUTU » Thu May 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Abc456 wrote:We don't really need to spend that much I was saying that at the moment we have a wonderful team with world class players but after 3 years we won't be the same as they get old and we are not going to spend big hence this is or was our best chance to win the champions league.

Yes, this is possible, but what do you suggest we do, lose our identity and soul and start splashing the cash left right and centre? That's not FC Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
Abc456 wrote:We don't really need to spend that much I was saying that at the moment we have a wonderful team with world class players but after 3 years we won't be the same as they get old and we are not going to spend big hence this is or was our best chance to win the champions league.

Yes, this is possible, but what do you suggest we do, lose our identity and soul and start splashing the cash left right and centre? That's not FC Bayern.

We already lost our identity by hiring Pep.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:

Postby Badger » Thu May 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Abc456 wrote:We already lost our identity by hiring Pep.

We heard you the first 20 times you said something like that.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Thu May 14, 2015 1:03 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I cant believe some of you would think that a coach as competitive as Pep wants anything else than winning every game and every trophy.

The guy spends day and night thinking about next opponent and you come with something like he isnt commitet to his work with us.

He is the most passionate coach we ever had.

Our board brought him because they wanted someone to keep us at the top. And we are still here and will be one of the favorites to win CL next season. That is everything normal fan can wish for. We brought Pep because we needed contuinity.

Dont act spoiled and look at other top clubs. Only top club that had better season than us is Barcelona and Juve and even they can come up with winning "only" domestic competition.

Chelsea won only PL and got embarassed against PSG...at their home ground, parking a bus while playing against 10 men. Mourinho in his second season after splashing money in the summer.

Man Utd werent this happy in a long time...and they barely managed to scrap 4th to catch that CL qualification spot.

Real Madrid, last seasons best team...won nothing. and they added Kroos and Rodriguez to their squad.

You dont need to be happy that we won "only" bundesliga but dont act like we got relegated and dropped out in the CL group stage.

I said it before and I will say it now...I would be more than happy to win CL every 5-6 years and in the meantime we get as close as possible to winning it. Because people who follow football for some time know that you cant win it every year and if you somehow manage to win it two or three times in 10 years...you need to be over the moon because something extraordinary happened.

One of the best and most balanced posts I've read on the subject. Thanks.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Then there is nothing we could do about it. Back to the dark years. Success is short lived. We can forget about CL for many years now .
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:

Postby Badger » Thu May 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Abc456 wrote:Then there is nothing we could do about it. Back to the dark years. Success is short lived. We can forget about CL for many years now .

Yes. Absolutely. We've heard you and agree entirely.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby sws » Thu May 14, 2015 1:09 pm

Abc456 wrote:Then there is nothing we could do about it. Back to the dark years. Success is short lived. We can forget about CL for many years now .

Yup, back to exiting in the R16. Maybe next season we won't even make it to the CL playoffs and have to play in Europa league.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion