You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Rauntšik » Tue May 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Have a nice summer everyone! :dante:
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby prasun77 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 am

ok..tell me..he is a bayern coach..were making these comments necessary?
“I am happy that Messi is back here again. He is incredible, he is back to his best as he was when I used to train him,” Guardiola told a press conference.

“We're lucky to live in his age as he is the best player of all time. I can compare him to Pele, and I am very proud of the years I spent with him.” [source]
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Abc456 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:40 am

Guardiola will never change his style of play no matter how many times we lose.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 13, 2015 7:18 am

With these comments I continue to believe that yesterday Pep did not believe half as much as our boys did......And couldn't he spare us the hugging and smiles during half time, game was still on and for me that compared to a player asking to exchange shirts during half time. This flirting with Barca / Messi is annoying me and irrelevant of yesterday's result this is wrong, how can that be of motivation when we meet them again ?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby endrity » Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 am

Yeah very annoying that, given what Gotze had to go through for talking to Ter Steget at the end of the game last week.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:10 am

listen to this then, Pep: ''hopefully Barca go on & win their 5th UCL, they are the best and deserve it [source]

Does he know that with a 5th they'll reach our tally... :evil: :evil: :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Abc456 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:49 am

Well he is only our coach but in his heart he wanted barca to win . Hence he made it easy for them.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby Badger » Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 am

I have been on holidays, and doing a few other things of late, and haven’t been on the forum a lot in the past 3 weeks. So the following may be general knowledge, that I was simply unaware of…

I watched the Bayern Barcelona game on ITV in the UK, and the commentators and pundits did a fairly good job. Several of their comments were spot on. One aside that they mentioned, though, was Guardiola’s contract. Basically, they discussed the fact that Bayern need to do some more rebuilding to replace the key players who are over 30 (even if those players are around a little longer). They claimed that Guardiola and the board are having discussions about who chooses the new players; if Guardiola extends he can have some say in the matter, but if he’s leaving at the end of next season, the board will choose who they buy. It all seems logical enough, but I hadn’t heard that such discussions had taken place between Guardiola and the board. It would suggest anyway, that the biggest deciding factor over the next month or two is whether the board can get Guardiola to extend. And they’ll want to do that quickly, so that they can then chase top players accordingly.

One of the pundits, Lee Dixon, who is an Englishman and former player made the comment that, while there may be 1-2 attractive clubs in the EPL Guardiola could go to, "Why wouldn’t he want to stay here?" – it is a great club, great fans, supportive board, etc...

I think (and hope) that he’ll extend and rebuild the next Bayern generation.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby endrity » Wed May 13, 2015 9:28 am

Badger wrote:I have been on holidays, and doing a few other things of late, and haven’t been on the forum a lot in the past 3 weeks. So the following may be general knowledge, that I was simply unaware of…

I watched the Bayern Barcelona game on ITV in the UK, and the commentators and pundits did a fairly good job. Several of their comments were spot on. One aside that they mentioned, though, was Guardiola’s contract. Basically, they discussed the fact that Bayern need to do some more rebuilding to replace the key players who are over 30 (even if those players are around a little longer). They claimed that Guardiola and the board are having discussions about who chooses the new players; if Guardiola extends he can have some say in the matter, but if he’s leaving at the end of next season, the board will choose who they buy. It all seems logical enough, but I hadn’t heard that such discussions had taken place between Guardiola and the board. It would suggest anyway, that the biggest deciding factor over the next month or two is whether the board can get Guardiola to extend. And they’ll want to do that quickly, so that they can then chase top players accordingly.

One of the pundits, Lee Dixon, who is an Englishman and former player made the comment that, while there may be 1-2 attractive clubs in the EPL Guardiola could go to, "Why wouldn’t he want to stay here?" – it is a great club, great fans, supportive board, etc...

I think (and hope) that he’ll extend and rebuild the next Bayern generation.

He has shown nothing to me that he can actually rebuild the next Bayern team. In fact the more we get away from Jupp's team the worse things get.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 am

I think he still holds the barca membership!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 13, 2015 9:53 am

ramsej84 wrote:I think he still holds the barca membership!

Why that would be bad now ? 'sarcasm'
Until a month ago a couple of guys around this forum also fancied Pep with a Messi shirt because Barca is his life.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 am

Watched the highlights only, and its 1 header and 2 outstanding long shots. The high line is just ridiculous, and it seems we concede so easily. Then there's all this pep messi love, and his 200 million and 1000 million talks sounds so stupid. The guy never intends to correct anything too. If he's not leaving, i'll take a rest for next season. This is not the Bayern i want and expected it to be.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rauntšik » Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 am

"Lost in the first semi-final".
I can not stand a coach, who says things like this, it feels like he didn't believe in the team nor in the comeback of dreams.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 am

Bayernbazi wrote:

Until a month ago a couple of guys around this forum also fancied Pep with a Messi shirt because Barca is his life.

Jupp Heynckes alma mater is Gladbach, and yet people are still finding ways to connect him to Bayern other than just him being a friend of Hoeneß.

God we need a Get Real emoticon.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 13, 2015 11:15 am

tflags wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:

Jupp Heynckes alma mater is Gladbach, and yet people are still finding ways to connect him to Bayern other than just him being a friend of Hoeneß.

God we need a Get Real emoticon.

You miss the point. Its has nothing to do with denying the man's roots, it is has to do with the man acting in a professional way. I wouldn't mind seeing Jupp this hysterical at a Gladbach match now that he is retired but none of us saw such things ever from the current Head Coach.
The reality is, that this is not some lower division team getting a coach from a higher division to help them get promoted.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion