You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MaCk0y » Sun May 10, 2015 7:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
sws wrote:He's not making 17 mil a year. He's making a single-digit million euro figure: >1 million and <10 million. Kalle said this sometime ago.

You're probably both right. One's talking about salary before tax (gross pay), the other salary after tax (net pay).
According to Forbes, he's actually getting $24M (around €21.4M) and is the highest-paid coach in the world. [source]

I thought Capello was the highest paid manager in the world. Maybe not anymore if he isn't getting paid by the Russian government. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sun May 10, 2015 7:17 pm

According to France Football, it's 15.2 million EUR including revenue from advertising.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Rauntšik » Sun May 10, 2015 7:39 pm

I would be willing to let Pep go ( :( ), but I think that would mean the departure of Thiago, and that I don't like.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun May 10, 2015 7:45 pm

FCB&Paulaner wrote:It's a deja vu. Here it is what's going to happen: there will be a squad overhaul this summer, we will win the treble next season and Pep will leave afterwards, and we will be saying how wrong that was, bla bla. Same as with Jupp after 2012, when tbh we were in a much worse situation, pulling out a Neverkusen and losing a home CL final. So let's wait and see.

We narrowly beat Real and then in a super close game almost beat Chelsea in the final. We were so close to the success but had some flaws in our game and got punished for it. Point is, we were CLOSE,, and we ALWAYS gave the opponents a run for their money. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Last year we got completely outplayed by Real, and the situation isn't at all that different against Barca this year. We may have pulled a Neverkusen in 2012, but we sure were really close to success, which can't be said about this season.

When we lose now, we don't seem to stand a chance at all. If an opponent is well prepared tactically, we have no response.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun May 10, 2015 8:24 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
FCB&Paulaner wrote:It's a deja vu. Here it is what's going to happen: there will be a squad overhaul this summer, we will win the treble next season and Pep will leave afterwards, and we will be saying how wrong that was, bla bla. Same as with Jupp after 2012, when tbh we were in a much worse situation, pulling out a Neverkusen and losing a home CL final. So let's wait and see.

We narrowly beat Real and then in a super close game almost beat Chelsea in the final. We were so close to the success but had some flaws in our game and got punished for it. Point is, we were CLOSE,, and we ALWAYS gave the opponents a run for their money. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Last year we got completely outplayed by Real, and the situation isn't at all that different against Barca this year. We may have pulled a Neverkusen in 2012, but we sure were really close to success, which can't be said about this season.

When we lose now, we don't seem to stand a chance at all. If an opponent is well prepared tactically, we have no response.

Being close doesn't cut it. We were also very close in 1999 against United, the closest you could be, but that and the 2012 final are the worst. 2012 was the worst season in the last years, we got hammered by Dortmund in Berlin, and outplayed in 2011, 2012 call it whatever you want. What about 2011, after the world cup? Terrible, right. This year we had the players in paper, but then everyone was falling after another. We lack fitness that's obvious. It's a mystery to me how this has happened but it's not the best time to blame it on the coach. I think he should be given his chance next year. As far as I remember he never had the luxury to train with the entire squad these 2 years. Had to switch systems frequently. Last year we were very good until we won the league and somehow lacked smth like motivation. This year is pure fitness.
There are a lot of what ifs in football, and at this level in April and May you have to have the best form and squad if you want trophies.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Pep Guardiola is going to Man City. Who wants to chip in for his airline ticket out of Munich. :lol:
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun May 10, 2015 9:49 pm

FCB&Paulaner wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:

Being close doesn't cut it. We were also very close in 1999 against United, the closest you could be, but that and the 2012 final are the worst. 2012 was the worst season in the last years, we got hammered by Dortmund in Berlin, and outplayed in 2011, 2012 call it whatever you want. What about 2011, after the world cup? Terrible, right. This year we had the players in paper, but then everyone was falling after another. We lack fitness that's obvious. It's a mystery to me how this has happened but it's not the best time to blame it on the coach. I think he should be given his chance next year. As far as I remember he never had the luxury to train with the entire squad these 2 years. Had to switch systems frequently. Last year we were very good until we won the league and somehow lacked smth like motivation. This year is pure fitness.
There are a lot of what ifs in football, and at this level in April and May you have to have the best form and squad if you want trophies.

For me, for now, as a supporter I'd be fine watching a close game between us and Real/Barca. But that's not really happening now, is it? We are likely sitting down next Tuesday to watch the team get pounded again.

I remember this game from Jupp's days, when we went 3-1 down against BMG in the first 15 minutes, and actually ended up winning 4-3 in the end. Where are those games? Now we just go 3 down and keep doing the same thing over and over until the players just lose belief. I miss at least being close...I miss seeing that we are at least on the right path.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby sws » Mon May 11, 2015 2:11 am

MUTU wrote:
sws wrote:He's not making 17 mil a year. He's making a single-digit million euro figure: >1 million and <10 million. Kalle said this sometime ago.

You're probably both right. One's talking about salary before tax (gross pay), the other salary after tax (net pay).
According to Forbes, he's actually getting $24M (around €21.4M) and is the highest-paid coach in the world. [source]

I'm pretty sure that any higher number being quoted is including sponsorship deals and such, not exclusively the salary that Bayern pays him but his overall income.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby rthebest » Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 am

Let assume he leaves, Thiago and Bernat are to follow. Then who will be his successor? If bayern wants to sign decent players they need a high profile cach.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby sherpthederp » Mon May 11, 2015 6:40 am

rthebest wrote:Let assume he leaves, Thiago and Bernat are to follow. Then who will be his successor? If bayern wants to sign decent players they need a high profile cach.

Unless Bernat has a buyout clause, there's no way KHR and Sammer will let him go before his contract is up, he's been the best signing this year and is a consistent, ambitious, young player. And hopefully Thiago will appreciate how the club has stood by him through his injuries and stick around, he is a huge asset to the club, and the fans seem to show their appreciation for him every week. He finally seems like he is content and at home here.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Mon May 11, 2015 6:58 am

I don't put much faith in "___ appreciates how the club stood by him during his injuries". The players will be thankful, but ultimately they go where their career opportunities are best.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sherpthederp » Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 am

pyrasur wrote:I don't put much faith in "___ appreciates how the club stood by him during his injuries". The players will be thankful, but ultimately they go where their career opportunities are best.

Good thing the rumors are about Man City then, Thiago seems like he's got too much class for them lol :lol:
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby endrity » Mon May 11, 2015 8:13 am

Well if City wants to spend all their transfer budget on Thiago, then I am fine with him leaving. Otherwise there is no reason for us to let him go.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon May 11, 2015 8:36 am

harry-muc wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:I would like to know if you have any idea if the Munich ultras / core fan bases have common standing about the Pep issue or if they are split like we the international supporters seem to be. I have been trawling the Internet forums / Facebook pages and and from the sites/pages I've been into I got the feeling that the local fans especially ultras are rallying around Guardiola and are accusing anyone especially international fans who are questioning Pep's legacy as being an Erfolgsfan since the 2 Championship titles and 2 CL semifinals in 2 years is already an achievement. I don't know if this is just a facade until Tuesday's game.....
Maybe our German based friends can give us an idea of what the feeling is ?

we have no problem with pep and 2 championship titles and 2 cl semifinals means 2 successful seasons for us. its about the city, the club and the team. the treble is a once in a lifetime success. the media around the club is completely out of bounds since the cl finals and especially since the treble. we are bayern münchen, we are not real, manu, barca or one of these f****ing "clubs" like psg, mancity or chelsea.
sorry for my shitty english.

Hi harry-muc thanks for giving us an idea about the situation with the fan bases over there. Personally I think the media is playing a dirty game in the hands of Sky UK, raising the fresh rumours about Pep leaving before such an important game to put some more poison in the relationship with the club. Apart from Lothar's usual talk I have noticed that Didi Hamann has been one of the main source starting rumours and theories about Bayern for quite some time. After all if the Premier League manages to steal Pep the Television Networks over there will have made a good deal.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 8:50 am

FCB&Paulaner wrote: We lack fitness that's obvious. It's a mystery to me how this has happened ...

If I recall the much cited Pep Confidential correctly, he doesn't do stamina training except for players coming back from injuries. I read an article the other day that I unfortunately can't find anymore saying that it was the same at Barca. He thinks extreme training with the ball will achieve the same results. Maybe it suffices in Spain, but not in the Bundesliga, where there's much more running (although at Barca, the article said, they've gone back to more physical training since his departure).

Magath, for what it's worth, has recently chimed into the discussion and as you can imagine, he's blaming much of the trouble, including the injury situation, on training methods being too lax and not placing enough importance on fitness.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion