You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MUTU » Sun May 10, 2015 3:19 pm

I think quite some blame needs to be put on those who loaned out Kirchhoff, Green and Hojbjerg, and sold Shaqiri. Whoever thought it'd be a great idea to go into this half of the season after the most tiring summer international tournament we've probably ever had with just 22 outfield players should shoulder most of the blame, in my opinion. I don't think it was Pep alone, nor was it KHR/Sammer. I'm sure the 3 of them (and probably Gerland too) had talks between them and reached this conclusion.

The squad is simply too small for competing in 3 competitions. 22 is NOT enough, especially considering that some are there to fill the numbers, like Sinan Kurt. At least Weiser started playing at last.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MillaMjau » Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I'd like Pep to stay at least at the end of his contract. We're getting new players in summer, I'd like to see how he develops the team. It's hard to judge this season because the injuries have played such a big part. The situation has been far from normal.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Reinhart » Sun May 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Although I prefer the more direct style of German football I would still like Pep to stay until the end of his contract and get the players he wants this summer. Only until the summer of 2016 will we be able to analyze his time in Munich provided Bayern doesn't suffer the same injury crisis they had this year.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:33 pm

For those defending the 3 men back line... So you think that Raf can play there? You must start following a diff sport. If he did well there against any BuLi tm it means nothing... between a BuLi match and a UCL S/F there are light years.
We need Plyers to be in form...ok
Lahm has to play as RB & Goetze as CAM then we might see the best of them.
Alonso ... no comment

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 10, 2015 3:54 pm

sws wrote:
shindouhikaru888 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Robben, Ribéry, Alonso ?

And don't tell me it is Pep's fault we got Alonso for Kroos. Kroos himself said that Pep didn't want him to go.
Might aswell focus a bit on the board and not blame Guardiola for everything.

Everybody is talking about our squad being too old. Yet if it comes to Guardiola they just ignore that and criticise him non-stop. Same with injuries.

Well, explain to me why pep played with a 3 men defense in the 1st 15 minutes, what makes him thinks rafinha can handle messi? Why did pep played with a high line when he knows we're at such a disadvantage? Oh, so it was the board's decision and pep is just for a show. Then we should save our 17 mil a year or whatever since he has no impact whatsoever.

• He's not making 17 mil a year. He's making a single-digit million euro figure: >1 million and <10 million. Kalle said this sometime ago.
• He used a 3-man backline because we best move the ball out of defense (as per Pep Confidential) with a 3-man back line and also because of the use of wingbacks, because we have no wingers at the moment.
• Rafinha is a good player. He's not the problem. He did just fine against Neymar that day and he probably didn't want to task Bernat with it. I mean just look at how uncomfortable Bernat was then.

Thanks for the sanity!

Key point is Pep needed wingbacks instead on fullback because we had no wingers to provide width.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun May 10, 2015 4:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:For those defending the 3 men back line... So you think that Raf can play there? You must start following a diff sport. If he did well there against any BuLi tm it means nothing... between a BuLi match and a UCL S/F there are light years.
We need Plyers to be in form...ok
Lahm has to play as RB & Goetze as CAM then we might see the best of them.
Alonso ... no comment

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

He played CAM enough this season and failed to impress while he has delivered very good performances at LW.
Also Lahm at RB seems to be the solution to all problems...Lahm played RB during the 4-0 beating against Madrid last year.

This black & white thinking is absolutly pathetic.
Dreamteam 18/19
----------- Lewy
--------------------- Démbéle
--------------- James
-------- Tolisso --- Goretzka
--------------- Thiago
Alaba - Hummels - Boateng - Kimmich
---------------- Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Steph » Sun May 10, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm really not sure how I feel about three at the back, I'm just not sure if that can work against the best teams. I don't really know though.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm sure most people are just disappointed he is not the God he supposed to be when he joined. People expected him to simply repeat our greatest season of all time with an aging, injury prone and replete squad. In our whole club history, we've won the treble once !!!! In the history of football, 7 teams (?) have done so.

Sure, the way we lost is very bitter. But would you be criticising him if we didn't concede 3 goals at the dead ball against Madrid last year ?
I'm sorry, but Pep isn't a magician who can prevent that to happen. At the end of the day its the players who have to pay attention at defending corners/free kicks. Not even the almighty Jupp was able to make us a force at the dead ball. Neither can he prevent our exhausted, unfit, injury damaged team to collapse after 77 minutes against arguebly the best front three of all time.

I think we all agree, that the golden era of Robbery, Schweinsteiger and Lahm is over and its time for younger, more hungry players like Thiago, Lewandowski, Boateng and Müller to take over. I'm fully confident with Pep.
Dreamteam 18/19
----------- Lewy
--------------- James
--------------- Thiago
---------------- Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Steph » Sun May 10, 2015 6:00 pm

I do totally agree that things are being blown way out of proportion, there's only so much he can do as manager, he doesn't play the games, and these last 4 losses have included us facing 3 very good teams, us playing with 10 players, us playing in Barcelona against Barcelona, us not being awarded the penalty kicks that we should have won, and us playing with many key players injured.

Some of the stuff I read makes literally no sense at all, yesterday somebody tried to say that the red card was Pep's fault.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Sun May 10, 2015 6:11 pm

That someone might have been Whitney.

Reina Dismissal Sees Pep Guardiola Plan for Bayern Munich Backfire vs. Augsburg | B/R [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun May 10, 2015 6:18 pm

The fact of matter is, we played 3 semi final matches in the CL and are down 8-0 so far.
In the BL, a narrow win and a big loss against Wfl, a draw and a loss (at home) against BMG, two draws against Schalke, a win and a loss against Leverkusen, a win and a loss against Augsburg. So that's basically 3 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses against the rest of the top5 in BuLi. The only thing Pep has to show for it is the trashing of City in Manchester last season, and the trashing of Roma at the end of last year.

You can explain it, twist it all you want, but those are pretty harsh numbers.
Those CL semi finals are not even close, we are being beaten by a great margin. I guess it just depends on what we want, but I can't see us taking on Barca and Real with Pep's system, unless he changes something dramatically next year.

Sure the squad got older...it's not as good as it was 2 years ago. Still we are talking about 8-0 in three games here. Keeping Pep here for just 1 more year is a waste of time in my opinion. If we plan to switch coaches next year we better do it now, and let that new coach make the decisions about the new signings. Whoever we buy will be for the future, so Pep shouldn't be making those decisions if he's planning to take off in a year.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Our games against the top 4 surely is a good point. But we didn't seem to have that problem last year with Pep...
Dreamteam 18/19
----------- Lewy
--------------- James
--------------- Thiago
---------------- Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Steph » Sun May 10, 2015 6:30 pm

I think it's really a question of is it possible to make the high line work CONSISTENTLY against top opponents, at our best we've thrashed Porto, Roma, Shakhtar, and many bundesliga teams with the high line but we've yet to have tons of success against our toughest opponents with it and it's been so inconsistent against good teams.

I'm honestly wondering if Pep will maybe just stop trying the high line.

I should note that these are just MY views, and that I admittedly know hardly anything about football tactics.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Sun May 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Don't forget that both games in last two Cup rounds went to penalty shootouts.

We didn't have that problem last season, but last season was Pep's first season at Bayern. It might be that after having played Bayern and watched Bayern play for a season, the other teams/managers have learned to deal with the high line system better.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun May 10, 2015 6:56 pm

It's a deja vu. Here it is what's going to happen: there will be a squad overhaul this summer, we will win the treble next season and Pep will leave afterwards, and we will be saying how wrong that was, bla bla. Same as with Jupp after 2012, when tbh we were in a much worse situation, pulling out a Neverkusen and losing a home CL final. So let's wait and see.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion