You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby bastos80 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:35 am

bastos80 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The owner of this thread stole us from two years of success ... we had the best team in the World and thanks to his experiments we are what we are today.
Bring on a manager who calls white what is white and black what is black...
Lahm RB
Martinez DM
Lewa ST and not LW
Goetze AM and not LW
I had enough and I have a nice feeling that he'll be off to Man Shitty ...
O God if we have to meet them with peppi on their bench and hit them hard and hard ... [-o<

Yeah, blame Pep for everything. Might aswell blame Pep for players aging.

:roll: :roll:

Those aged players got us a WC less than a year ago ...

Robben, Ribéry, Alonso ?

And don't tell me it is Pep's fault we got Alonso for Kroos. Kroos himself said that Pep didn't want him to go.
Might aswell focus a bit on the board and not blame Guardiola for everything.

Everybody is talking about our squad being too old. Yet if it comes to Guardiola they just ignore that and criticise him non-stop. Same with injuries.
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Sun May 10, 2015 11:43 am

I would like to know if you have any idea if the Munich ultras / core fan bases have common standing about the Pep issue or if they are split like we the international supporters seem to be. I have been trawling the Internet forums / Facebook pages and and from the sites/pages I've been into I got the feeling that the local fans especially ultras are rallying around Guardiola and are accusing anyone especially international fans who are questioning Pep's legacy as being an Erfolgsfan since the 2 Championship titles and 2 CL semifinals in 2 years is already an achievement. I don't know if this is just a facade until Tuesday's game.....
Maybe our German based friends can give us an idea of what the feeling is ?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Sun May 10, 2015 12:18 pm

The fact is: if something doesn't work, it doesn't work and that's it.

I think our previous experience with Trapattoni is the best example of this. In the 90's that was the one of most successful coaches ever, had won many trophies with many different clubs and Uli and Kaiser decided to hire him despite language barrier.

Trap failed in 2 occasions to brought domination. One domestic title, one Pokal and one Liga Pokal in 3 seasons weren't enough for Bayern ambitions and we are talking about far more competitive and equal football period in Europe than this in the last 8 years.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby sws » Sun May 10, 2015 12:30 pm

FCB general wrote:The fact is: if something doesn't work, it doesn't work and that's it.

I think our previous experience with Trapattoni is the best example of this. In the 90's that was the one of most successful coaches ever, had won many trophies with many different clubs and Uli and Kaiser decided to hire him despite language barrier.

Trap failed in 2 occasions to brought domination. One domestic title, one Pokal and one Liga Pokal in 3 seasons weren't enough for Bayern ambitions and we are talking about far more competitive and equal football period in Europe than this in the last 8 years.

Things aren't that black and white. Might as well sell Gotze since it's not working. Might have as well sold Robben in 2012 when things weren't working out. There's no absolutes here.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sun May 10, 2015 12:43 pm

sws wrote:Things aren't that black and white. Might as well sell Gotze since it's not working.

Yes, from the perspective of instant success, definitely that should be a rule. But I don't think it's gonna be just that simple. Despite we told how we are not gonna wait 7 years for one player(read: Schweini), Götze is now in the same basket as Bastian. Inconsistent, without defined position, even far more talented than Bastian but the same scenario is on replay.
The only thing is different is that football times have extremely changed from those in early 2000's. We also had waited for Kroos 2 years after he returned from Leverkusen and then in 2012/2013 finally get what we expected.

sws wrote:Might have as well sold Robben in 2012 when things weren't working out.

With Robben the ONLY problem was his playing style which followed him since his early professional days. The same Robben played for PSV, Chelsea and Real, then that happened in Bayern as well. His ego is specific and desirable even from Beckenbauer and Hoeneß who had highlighted as a positive thing for a great player, but what really Bayern needed is more team spirit in his game and that came after 2011/2012. Robben finally had changed and our game improved on even better and Robben himself admitted he became a better player because of it.

We had this before Robben's change: ___________-__________, after: ______________________
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:06 pm

bastos80 wrote:Robben, Ribéry, Alonso ?

And don't tell me it is Pep's fault we got Alonso for Kroos. Kroos himself said that Pep didn't want him to go.

Everybody is talking about our squad being too old. Yet if it comes to Guardiola they just ignore that and criticise him non-stop. Same with injuries.

Well, explain to me why pep played with a 3 men defense in the 1st 15 minutes, what makes him thinks rafinha can handle messi? Why did pep played with a high line when he knows we're at such a disadvantage? Oh, so it was the board's decision and pep is just for a show. Then we should save our 17 mil a year or whatever since he has no impact whatsoever.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bastos80 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:11 pm

The 3-man defense worked against Dortmund.
What makes you think anybody can handle Messi ?
2-0 would've been nearly impossible to catch up against this Barcelona team. Any coach in the world would have tried to push for that away goal.
inactive
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Sun May 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:I would like to know if you have any idea if the Munich ultras / core fan bases have common standing about the Pep issue or if they are split like we the international supporters seem to be. I have been trawling the Internet forums / Facebook pages and and from the sites/pages I've been into I got the feeling that the local fans especially ultras are rallying around Guardiola and are accusing anyone especially international fans who are questioning Pep's legacy as being an Erfolgsfan since the 2 Championship titles and 2 CL semifinals in 2 years is already an achievement. I don't know if this is just a facade until Tuesday's game.....

I've generally had the same feeling. Then again, they weren't very belligerent with van Gaal either around 4 years ago.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sws » Sun May 10, 2015 1:19 pm

shindouhikaru888 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Robben, Ribéry, Alonso ?

Well, explain to me why pep played with a 3 men defense in the 1st 15 minutes, what makes him thinks rafinha can handle messi? Why did pep played with a high line when he knows we're at such a disadvantage? Oh, so it was the board's decision and pep is just for a show. Then we should save our 17 mil a year or whatever since he has no impact whatsoever.

• He's not making 17 mil a year. He's making a single-digit million euro figure: >1 million and <10 million. Kalle said this sometime ago.
• He used a 3-man backline because we best move the ball out of defense (as per Pep Confidential) with a 3-man back line and also because of the use of wingbacks, because we have no wingers at the moment.
• Rafinha is a good player. He's not the problem. He did just fine against Neymar that day and he probably didn't want to task Bernat with it. I mean just look at how uncomfortable Bernat was then.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby mats19 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 pm

shindouhikaru888 wrote:
bastos80 wrote: what makes him thinks rafinha can handle messi?

What makes you think Bernat could?
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby harry-muc » Sun May 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:I would like to know if you have any idea if the Munich ultras / core fan bases have common standing about the Pep issue or if they are split like we the international supporters seem to be. I have been trawling the Internet forums / Facebook pages and and from the sites/pages I've been into I got the feeling that the local fans especially ultras are rallying around Guardiola and are accusing anyone especially international fans who are questioning Pep's legacy as being an Erfolgsfan since the 2 Championship titles and 2 CL semifinals in 2 years is already an achievement. I don't know if this is just a facade until Tuesday's game.....

we have no problem with pep and 2 championship titles and 2 cl semifinals means 2 successful seasons for us. its about the city, the club and the team. the treble is a once in a lifetime success. the media around the club is completely out of bounds since the cl finals and especially since the treble. we are bayern münchen, we are not real, manu, barca or one of these f****ing "clubs" like psg, mancity or chelsea.
sorry for my shitty english.
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AllensRoten » Sun May 10, 2015 2:36 pm

The hate Pep is now getting is unbelievable. Guardiola brought us Thiago, Bernat, Alonso, Reina. All of which are top class players and gave us necessary depth so that we never lacked depth. Now because we lost KEY players due to injury and things aren't working out ppl have turned on Pep. The fact of the matter is that we NEED Alaba, we NEED Robbery, we NEED an in form Lahm. We could've needed a healthy Badstuber and a healthy Javi. The cards Guardiola were dealt this season were terrible and out of his control. I have complete faith that under the right circumstances, which is the case for any team, we would be the champions regardless of MSN or BBC or w.e

People are unfortunately scapegoating Pep, as is the case when a team loses. The fact of the matter is that had all these injuries never happened we would be having a very different discussion.

Guardiola brought quality depth to a shallow squad.

Put Heynckes, who I admire btw, under the same circumstances and I doubt he would've adapted so effectively.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Sun May 10, 2015 2:42 pm

AllensRoten wrote:The hate Pep is now getting is unbelievable. Guardiola brought us Thiago, Bernat, Alonso, Reina. All of which are top class players and gave us necessary depth so that we never lacked depth. Now because we lost KEY players due to injury and things aren't working out ppl have turned on Pep. The fact of the matter is that we NEED Alaba, we NEED Robbery, we NEED an in form Lahm. We could've needed a healthy Badstuber and a healthy Javi. The cards Guardiola were dealt this season were terrible and out of his control. I have complete faith that under the right circumstances, which is the case for any team, we would be the champions regardless of MSN or BBC or w.e

People are unfortunately scapegoating Pep, as is the case when a team loses. The fact of the matter is that had all these injuries never happened we would be having a very different discussion.

Put Heynckes, who I admire btw, under the same circumstances and I doubt he would've adapted so effectively.

It's logical to play badly with injured players, yes, but it's not so different from last season when he had all the squad available.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby AllensRoten » Sun May 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
AllensRoten wrote:The hate Pep is now getting is unbelievable. Guardiola brought us Thiago, Bernat, Alonso, Reina. All of which are top class players and gave us necessary depth so that we never lacked depth. Now because we lost KEY players due to injury and things aren't working out ppl have turned on Pep. The fact of the matter is that we NEED Alaba, we NEED Robbery, we NEED an in form Lahm. We could've needed a healthy Badstuber and a healthy Javi. The cards Guardiola were dealt this season were terrible and out of his control. I have complete faith that under the right circumstances, which is the case for any team, we would be the champions regardless of MSN or BBC or w.e

It's logical to play badly with injured players, yes, but it's not so different from last season when he had all the squad available.

True but I think we can put aside his first season due to a number reasons. 1) Titos death was on his mind 2) squad was still adapting 3) Tactics needed to be finely tuned. This year the tactics were amazing but the injuries weren't.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun May 10, 2015 3:07 pm

sws wrote:He's not making 17 mil a year. He's making a single-digit million euro figure: >1 million and <10 million. Kalle said this sometime ago.

You're probably both right. One's talking about salary before tax (gross pay), the other salary after tax (net pay).
According to Forbes, he's actually getting $24M (around €21.4M) and is the highest-paid coach in the world. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion