You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Reinhart » Fri May 08, 2015 4:22 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I will

Sort of like how Burley did on ESPN FC when he said he would get a tattoo of Torres on his arm and it miraculously disappeared a week later?
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby prasun77 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:53 pm

if we make it through i will..tattoo pep on my chest and post a pic..guarantee..
meanwhile..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ttoad92 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:38 pm

prasun77 wrote:if we make it through i will..tattoo pep on my chest and post a pic..guarantee..
meanwhile..

Literally agree with everything these guys said... im fed up of Pep being treated like a god he isn't time and time again he makes bad calls in the biggest games, sure he is great on the training pitch and knows his stuff...

i'm fed up of being humiliated by terrible defensive tactics and never creating chances in front of goals against the big teams. Sure his tactics make it look like a walk in the park against the small teams but against the big teams we are turning into a joke. Pep says he learns from RM last season but he doesn't hes too arrogant to learn from his mistakes and thinks his possession above everything tactics are the answer to all our problems. How many times against the stronger opponents have we been made to look like babies defensively?! I've never been a fan of these tactics we so comprehensively showed were history against Barca a couple of seasons ago and now we are being punished by teams the same way we punished Barca.

The same things against Dortmund, Man City, Wolfsburg, Real Madrid, Barcelona the list goes on. Sure this season we have injuries to some important players but its still the same stuff we get undone by regardless. The players played so well against Barca but were ultimately undone by Messi and also Pep tactics once again. The team can only play so well when they are subject to such horrific tactics. Against the Big teams we have gone from the ones they don't want to play to the laughing stock!!!

I've always generally kept my mouth shut about pep and distanced myself from the haters, tried to give him time to come through but i just can't hold it back anymore hes not going to learn or improve. 2008 tactics are all he knows.
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:38 pm

this season : he won us the BuLi - playing alone with no serious competition...
DFB Pokal... eliminated by out of form team... wow what a footballgod!
UCL stopped at the same hurdle as last yr

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri May 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Despite all the critics, we should ask ourselves, how could be the season with Robben and Ribery available. First half season we played a great football, just 4 goals conceded in bundesliga, 15 points in champions league in the most toughest group.

Understand that he failed in tactics in Camp Nou, but this game could be different if we have Robbery available. Heynckes used the counter and it worked, Guardiola try another philosophy and it could work if we have Robbery on the pitch.

The critics is acceptable but understand also that they have bad luck because injury situation. Sammer and Pep must evaluate carefully the squad and brings the players that can guarantee us a strong squad, preventing that injuries can affect our goals.

Sammer must sign wingers and a central back.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 09, 2015 12:34 am

I think a full squad would have been completely different. I wouldn't see Lahm in midfield or Rafinha playing at all. Even Bernat would have been doubtful for the starting XI. Pep wouldn't posibly have been able to accommodate them all.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 am

PunkCapitalist wrote: Even Bernat would have been doubtful for the starting XI. Pep wouldn't posibly have been able to accommodate them all.

I dont think Bernat would being doubtful in the starting lineup, considering that he played almost all the games when the team wasn't in this injury crisis. Bernat won a place in the staring XI.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:24 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:Despite all the critics, we should ask ourselves, how could be the season with Robben and Ribery available. First half season we played a great football, just 4 goals conceded in bundesliga, 15 points in champions league in the most toughest group.

Understand that he failed in tactics in Camp Nou, but this game could be different if we have Robbery available. Heynckes used the counter and it worked, Guardiola try another philosophy and it could work if we have Robbery on the pitch.

The critics is acceptable but understand also that they have bad luck because injury situation. Sammer and Pep must evaluate carefully the squad and brings the players that can guarantee us a strong squad, preventing that injuries can affect our goals.

Sammer must sign wingers and a central back.

So basically ur defending pep because he can't play with all the best players? The bayern we have throughout the season is still an above average team, and it doesnt even justify the result versus shaktar or fc porto. If these are the results u expect, just hire a manager with an average salary.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat May 09, 2015 5:44 am

shindouhikaru888 wrote:So basically ur defending pep because he can't play with all the best players? The bayern we have throughout the season is still an above average team, and it doesnt even justify the result versus shaktar or fc porto. If these are the results u expect, just hire a manager with an average salary.

Dont take conclusions against me from nowhere, I didnt say that I expected this results. The responsible of this situation is Pep but sharing it with players because most of them were underperform like Schweini, Gotze, Dante and Xabi.

Against Shakthar the results were good , and against Porto, the lost was consequence of individual mistakes than Pep tactics.

I am not defending Pep, but Robbery absent is a factor.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby dambun » Sat May 09, 2015 6:30 am

Assessment of anyone's -including our coach, Pep Guardiola's- quality should be based on realistic analysis of his performance, based on the tools he had available and the situations he had to to face.... not just emotional backlash against short-term results...

I'm not saying all his decisions were excellent, or he was fault-free! But he is a brilliant coach, with many brilliant ideas and a very astute tactical expert...
Yeah... he sometimes makes mistakes, no doubt... But those alone should not be the thing to measure him with! He also does many great things for Bayern!

It's not the 0-3 result that we should focus on, you see... we should focus on our performance during the game... our approach to the game and many other things.... we didn't concede that super-goal from Messi on 77th minute, but scored one on the break (the break that never happened, of course)... what would you guys say about our team/Pep then?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Sat May 09, 2015 6:35 am

All I'm saying is that everyone should be criticized/applauded based on their mistakes/overall performances, in a sensible manner... not just thrashing everything about them...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:32 am

dambun wrote:Assessment of anyone's -including our coach, Pep Guardiola's- quality should be based on realistic analysis of his performance, based on the tools he had available and the situations he had to to face.... not just emotional backlash against short-term results...

I'm not saying all his decisions were excellent, or he was fault-free! But he is a brilliant coach, with many brilliant ideas and a very astute tactical expert...
Yeah... he sometimes makes mistakes, no doubt... But those alone should not be the thing to measure him with! He also does many great things for Bayern!

It's not the 0-3 result that we should focus on, you see... we should focus on our performance during the game... our approach to the game and many other things.... we didn't concede that super-goal from Messi on 77th minute, but scored one on the break (the break that never happened, of course)... what would you guys say about our team/Pep then?

I respect ur opion but even if we managed a 0-1 against barca last week, i would still advocate for pep to leave. Our games against big teams this 2 seasons were laughable. What did we say last year against RM and this year against Barca? We said if theres anyone who knows them the best, it must be pep. Last year, pep has an excuse about a formation change and some emotional event, what about this year?

Yes, there is some maybe "genius tactics" he employed throughout the year, but to me that is merely just bullying weak teams. If ur hired to an important job position, can u tell ur employer i'm a genius but those we're mistakes? We live in a competetitve world, but we're so lenient on a high salary football manager lol. If luck is the reason he always makes mistakes in big matches, then please hire a manager with better luck or lower his position to an assistant manager.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby dambun » Sat May 09, 2015 7:36 am

Let's look at the squad he had at his disposal...

Playing against Barca:
1. Lewandowski - in a mask; visibly not at his best....
2. Thiago - just got back from a year-long injury... far from his best!
3. Lahm - back from a 4-5 month injury... not at his best...
4. Schweini - back from a never-ending ankle injury
5. Benatia - injured all season long!

Reserves:
6. Javi Martinez - just back from a severe ACL injury... far from his best!
7. Goetze - asleep... seems to me he has some head injury or so! :twisted: :evil: :evil:
8. Pizza - injured all season... out of shape...

Out Injured:
9. Alaba - injured out
10. Ribery - injured out
11. Robben - injured out
12. Badstuber - injured out
13. Rode - injured for the match

And the whole remaining squad were tired and physically depleted, after playing every 3-4 days (because of the injuries)... many of them, including Bernat and Rafinha were carrying minor injuries, too...

==============
So what do you expect a coach to do?
Every man has limits... a coach's performance is only as good as his players can deliver! Can we really EXPECT that Bayern wins in such a situation?... and against such a quality opponent on the best form? it was a 0-0 draw until 77th minute!

Come on guys... let's be realistic... we have to analyze our weak spots and improve them, for the next season(s)....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby rthebest » Sat May 09, 2015 7:57 am

Some say he should have played Mourinho park the bus style or Jupp's counter style but each of these systems requied specific set of players and more importantly fast players. i.e the Robbery.
Against Dortmund I don't think it is his fault that players didn't finished the game in the first half.
Pep will eventually leave let wait and see what will happen then. Beside everybody already forgot 2011-12 season.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:03 am

I see there are quite a few newly crowned fans on here.

You doubt one of the best managers in the world just because he failed to win few games this season...without all of those important players we are missing.

dambun pointed all the things out perfectly...but some of you are still just spoiled brats.

I somehow cant forget all those bad years we had from 2002 to 2009-10. We got humiliated times and times again. We couldnt win against some sorry Zenit in UEFA Cup...not to mention all the other bad days we had.
We were way down from the best teams in Europe.

Now when we are one of the top teams in Europe again...you all think we should be winning the treble year after year. Just like sorry barca and RM fans...who think that is even possible.

Biggest achievement a club can accomplish is to be on top and to stay there. BUT it is not possible to win everything every year. So please be happy we are in the semis again and if we drop out...be happy that we will have a team capable to attack the CL trophy again next year.

Pep did what he had to do. I am proud of him trying to play the game at Camp Nou. And believe me if we had Ribery, Robben and Alaba...we would have won that game.

A lot of you mentioned we should have defended and go for counters. OK...who would be your guy to counter? Only player that could manage that was Muller. And you cant play a counter attacking game with just one guy.

You are forgetting that 2 years ago we had Ribery, Robben and Alaba on that pitch...and those 3 were responsible for more than half of those 7 goals we scored.

I am sorry to tell you but at top level playing against a top team that has all 11 best players on the pitch....you also need all the best players in form to compete with them.

Do you think Barca would win against our best 11...while missing Messi, Alba and Neymar ? I doubt it. they would probably lose both games.

I can see your frustrations...I am also frustrated with how things went...but please remember that season 2011/12 under Jupp was our most heart-breaking season in history. we lost 3 trophies in most **** up way imaginable.
Most of us would just fire him...but than next season we won everything...but to do that everything needs to go your way...and it did for us.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion