You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:08 am

the problem is that Tuchel is going to BVB...
I don't dare to think about Klopp ...
Ancelotti is a great great coach but the language barrier is a big big problem.

So the alternative is L.Favre

or hiring the 2 old foxes (since they are very old they can help each other out :P ) General Ottmar Hitzfeld and Don Jupp :D
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 am

It's the same problem over and over again. He doesn't play to win, he plays in order to satisfy his pride.

I have said this before, but he won too much too soon. I won't enter into the debate as to who was responsible for his success at Barca, him or the players. More likely is that they all played their part, and the chemistry is that unique blend which happens very rarely.

But it seems like he has convinced himself that he can do no wrong, that everything he touches can turn into gold. Last night was a match for Mourinho street brawl tactics. We were missing our key players, playing away. Every coach in the world tries to turn it into an ugly match, kill the game, and hopefully get a goal out of a corner or smth. What does Pep do? The complete opposite, he goes and plays a wide open game to convince the world that his tiki-taka is still the best style around. One can say that we lost only in the end, but one can also say that if it wasn't for Manu we should have been down within the first 15 minutes.

p.s you can also be very critical of his roster building, letting Gustavo and Kroos leave, taking Alonso in who I think is a walking corpse at this point, the insistence to play Lahm in midfield with Rafinha as a starting RB where neither is a truly elite player. Yes we were hampered yesterday, but long term decisions also forced us to turn up with a weak line up.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:31 am

endrity wrote:It's the same problem over and over again. He doesn't play to win, he plays in order to satisfy his pride.

I have said this before, but he won too much too soon. I won't enter into the debate as to who was responsible for his success at Barca, him or the players. More likely is that they all played their part, and the chemistry is that unique blend which happens very rarely.

But it seems like he has convinced himself that he can do no wrong, that everything he touches can turn into gold. Last night was a match for Mourinho street brawl tactics. We were missing our key players, playing away. Every coach in the world tries to turn it into an ugly match, kill the game, and hopefully get a goal out of a corner or smth. What does Pep do? The complete opposite, he goes and plays a wide open game to convince the world that his tiki-taka is still the best style around. One can say that we lost only in the end, but one can also say that if it wasn't for Manu we should have been down within the first 15 minutes.

p.s you can also be very critical of his roster building, letting Gustavo and Kroos leave, taking Alonso in who I think is a walking corpse at this point, the insistence to play Lahm in midfield with Rafinha as a starting RB where neither is a truly elite player. Yes we were hampered yesterday, but long term decisions also forced us to turn up with a weak line up.

ah yes the corners... we had the first corner of the game and suddenly I saw Barca attacking... the camera didn't even caught it... what happened there ? Can somebody tell us pls... I was watching it ZDF
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu May 07, 2015 11:05 am

So, this is going to be one heated thread over the next few days/weeks/months. I love Pep, I really do, but trying to be objective as much as possible, I have to say that there is something wrong with his system. It's not about last night which was a deserved victory for Barca given the circumstances. It is more about the fact that were left lacking against most of the top/big teams we played against (e.g. Real, Barca, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Leverkusen, United, etc.). I don't know what the future holds for him, and I'm not a big fan of letting him go, but to me it is clear that he needs to change things around. He shouldn't continue to be as stubborn, as his legacy now is being questioned a LOT after last night. I hope we avoid a turmoil of unwanted events over the summer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 07, 2015 11:14 am

Yesterday after the match I just couldn't get the images of hysterical Guardiola, watching Barca vs City barely over a month ago, out out of my mind.

Well at that time when I questioned if it is professional for Pep to act in such an outwardly manner in his public capacity as Bayern Coach without putting doubts in us, when Bayern eventually face Barca.
A lot over here were astonished that someone puts this into doubt, since he is a pro and it is unquestionable that he will do everything to win. But when one sees his persistence yesterday in repeatedly failed plans and his way too much adulation for Messi that one thinks that he set our team in self-destruct mode, that this makes me more angry. Someone even suggested that they wouldn't have been surprised had he been wearing a Messi T-shirt. Well this has indeed come to haunt us and watching this after yesterday makes me sick.

I still insist that if FC Bayern wants to maintain an aura of one of Europe's giants it should accept none of this.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 am

Bayernbazi wrote:Yesterday after the match I just couldn't get the images of hysterical Guardiola, watching Barca vs City barely over a month ago, out out of my mind.

Well at that time when I questioned if it is professional for Pep to act in such an outwardly manner in his public capacity as Bayern Coach without putting doubts in us, when Bayern eventually face Barca.
A lot over here were astonished that someone puts this into doubt, since he is a pro and it is unquestionable that he will do everything to win. But when one sees his persistence yesterday in repeatedly failed plans and his way too much adulation for Messi that one thinks that he set our team in self-destruct mode, that this makes me more angry. Someone even suggested that they wouldn't have been surprised had he been wearing a Messi T-shirt. Well this has indeed come to haunt us and watching this after yesterday makes me sick.

I still insist that if FC Bayern wants to maintain an aura of one of Europe's giants it should accept none of this.

Hopefully he will be shown the door... ASAP
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 11:38 am

MoFattal, more than his personal legacy what worries me is the legacy he will leave at Bayern.

Any coach that takes over after him will need to do some serious squad rebuilding because right now this is not a very balanced team, despite the injuries. I said it in another thread which I can't find, but I think the way he has decimated our midfield is suicidal and it will take time to recover from.

I know nothing lasts forever in football, but the 2013 team had more than enough in the tank for at least one other CL win and yet we have been humiliated two years in a row mostly because of his player dealings and tactics :(
Last edited by endrity on Thu May 07, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Thu May 07, 2015 11:41 am

Dude has three months to stew before it all kicks off again. This was supposed to be his make-or-break season - now we'll see him clawing out of the mud.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:00 pm

endrity wrote:MoFattal, more than his personal legacy what worries me is the legacy he will leave at Bayern.

Any coach that takes over after him will need to do some serious squad rebuilding because right now this is not a very balanced team, despite the injuries. I said it in another thread which I can't find, but I think the way he has decimated our midfield is suicidal and it will take time to recover from.

I know nothing lasts forever in football, but the 2013 team had more than enough in the tank for at least one other CL win and yet we have been humiliated two years in a row mostly because of his player dealings and tactics :(

If next week's result does not end up well, our reputation is what i'm worried about. Even if we plan to spend big, players might stay away from us, and would be way harder to convince. If robben can manage 2 more seasons, then we can just get a good left winger, and hope our new coach can build back our reputation. If pep stays for 1 more season, with thiago and gotze wanting to leave bayern. Then we're pretty much done for.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu May 07, 2015 12:02 pm

The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Well, therein lies a problem. He will try to rebuild the team, his own way, bringing in some other tiki-taka player. He is absolutely convinced that becoming more pragmatic is not the solution, but that he should try to execute his philosophy the harder the game gets. I ofcourse think it's nonsense.

But even beyond that, it will leave us with another player that one day we probably need to get rid off, as soon as Pep leaves.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Thu May 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Yesterday wasn't Pep's worst. I think he got things wrong first, corrected later, but made a mistake of not playing the 1 0 securely. All things considered, they won because they had Messi. Apart from the first 15, not a single player had freedom to move around or create a killer pass.

But you guys want to win without wingers, with an aged midfield playing beyond their capacity and with a back four against the three most gifted people on this planet. Fine. I think Pep doesn't protect a bad result, he only knows how to make it worse. But he sure as hell didn't have the people to score yesterday either now did He?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Thu May 07, 2015 12:19 pm

quaazi wrote:Food for thought.

Jesus I can't believe I came to the exact same conclusion.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby mats19 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:20 pm

I've never seen a game of Jupp's bayern.. :(
someone bring him back please [-o<
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 pm

tflags wrote:Yesterday wasn't Pep's worst. I think he got things wrong first, corrected later, but made a mistake of not playing the 1 0 securely. All things considered, they won because they had Messi. Apart from the first 15, not a single player had freedom to move around or create a killer pass.

But you guys want to win without wingers, with an aged midfield playing beyond their capacity and with a back four against the three most gifted people on this planet. Fine. I think Pep doesn't protect a bad result, he only knows how to make it worse. But he sure as hell didn't have the people to score yesterday either now did He?

Well yes. No one would have been mad had we lost yesterday given all the circumstances. But we are quite mad that Pep made it so easy for them and that instead of living to fight another day with a 1-0 deficit he went all out to tie and then score a goal.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion