You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:40 pm

I think Pep wasn't trying to mask his face but rather his mouth. Spanish media is very keen to use lip-readers.

Of course Pep would do his damnest to beat Barca if we draw them. He's a pro. He would see it as a challenge. And he would lose all credibility as a coach if he didn't do his all.

But I hope we don't draw Barca. Can you imagine the media frenzy? It'd be insane and it could harm team's concentration.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:46 pm

MillaMjau wrote:I think Pep wasn't trying to mask his face but rather his mouth. Spanish media is very keen to use lip-readers.

Of course Pep would do his damnest to beat Barca if we draw them. He's a pro. He would see it as a challenge. And he would lose all credibility as a coach if he didn't do his all.

But I hope we don't draw Barca. Can you imagine the media frenzy? It'd be insane and it could harm team's concentration.

It would be a fantastic match for many different reasons; tactical styles, player quality, Pep vs Barca, Barcelona looking for revenge, media hype.... Would be memorable... And we would win it. I'm sure of that.
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
Tedesco wrote:He is a Barca fan, and even played and coached them. What did they expect?

My only worry is if we play them. A bad performance from us raise eyebrows.

That's the reason why I think it is unprofessional. I know it's part of him but he is not any anonymous guy he is a public figure as Bayern coach and he should act as such in public.

Track back for a moment and put yourself in the shoes of this guy.

He was born in a province of Barcelona. As a child, he probably was a big supporter of Barcelona. He started playing for the youth team of Barcelona. He was living his dream. He got promoted once, twice, into the main team. He becomes an important player for Barcelona. When he's 30, he moves around to a few clubs and then retires. He trains to get a coaching licence and goes back to his love Barcelona where he coaches the B team. He is doing well coaching the B team when he is promoted as coach of the senior team. He wins all there is to win at Barcelona. Then he goes on hiatus and becomes a Bayern coach later. Then he's back at the Nou Camp and people just expect him to forget his one big true love JUST BECAUSE he is coaching another club in a different country?

Damn, I shouted a huge "GOAL!" when Reus scored against Juventus in the 1st leg and I'm neither German nor have ever supported BVB nor obviously ever played/coached them. And I almost definitely am not obsessed about football as much as Pep Guardiola either.

In conclusion, I think it's inhumane to ask this of Pep Guardiola. If you think he's being unprofessional I think you underrate his passion for the game and for Barcelona.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MillaMjau wrote:I think Pep wasn't trying to mask his face but rather his mouth. Spanish media is very keen to use lip-readers.

It would be a fantastic match for many different reasons; tactical styles, player quality, Pep vs Barca, Barcelona looking for revenge, media hype.... Would be memorable... And we would win it. I'm sure of that.

It would be a great match, no doubt about that. And yeah, we would beat them. It's not the football that worries me, but all the "extra baggage" that comes with that particular opponent. :|
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby S4k4zulu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 pm

I was clapping too(guess its unethical ), cuz hate anything that starts wit manc...

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:
Tedesco wrote:He is a Barca fan, and even played and coached them. What did they expect?

My only worry is if we play them. A bad performance from us raise eyebrows.

That's the reason why I think it is unprofessional. I know it's part of him but he is not any anonymous guy he is a public figure as Bayern coach and he should act as such in public.

Track back for a moment and put yourself in the shoes of this guy.

He was born in a province of Barcelona. As a child, he probably was a big supporter of Barcelona. He started playing for the youth team of Barcelona. He was living his dream. He got promoted once, twice, into the main team. He becomes an important player for Barcelona. When he's 30, he moves around to a few clubs and then retires. He trains to get a coaching licence and goes back to his love Barcelona where he coaches the B team. He is doing well coaching the B team when he is promoted as coach of the senior team. He wins all there is to win at Barcelona. Then he goes on hiatus and becomes a Bayern coach later. Then he's back at the Nou Camp and people just expect him to forget his one big true love JUST BECAUSE he is coaching another club in a different country?

Damn, I shouted a huge "GOAL!" when Reus scored against Juventus in the 1st leg and I'm neither German nor have ever supported BVB nor obviously ever played/coached them. And I almost definitely am not obsessed about football as much as Pep Guardiola either.

In conclusion, I think it's inhumane to ask this of Pep Guardiola. If you think he's being unprofessional I think you underrate his passion for the game and for Barcelona.

I understand perfectly what you are saying and I don't want to drag this on forever but my point is that you, me and everyone else in this forum are Joe public and whatever we do is our own business. In Pep's case it's different whether he likes it or not, in private or in public he is carrying with him the image of the current club he coaches. It's not about leaving for Barcelona or any other club just because he was watching this game, I'm sure that if that was the case it would be more subtle. But if there is a face off between Bayern vs Barca and (I hope not) things go bad for Bayern (eg vs Real Madrid last year) questions would still be asked like it happened last year but this will leave more doubts whether Pep did all he could do, hence the professional part of it.
I don't think I have anything further to add than repetition so I stop here. Thanks everyone for making your points.
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:But if there is a face off between Bayern vs Barca and (I hope not) things go bad for Bayern (eg vs Real Madrid last year) questions would still be asked like it happened last year but this will leave more doubts whether Pep did all he could do, hence the professional part of it.

Didn't think of this, it's a very valid point.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:56 pm

If bayern lose against barca by the same way we lose with madrid, sincerely I will be more concern and making questions about Pep continuity than about his intentions.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:But if there is a face off between Bayern vs Barca and (I hope not) things go bad for Bayern (eg vs Real Madrid last year) questions would still be asked like it happened last year but this will leave more doubts whether Pep did all he could do, hence the professional part of it.

. . . and people will then realize he even traveled to see them play personally so in the end the trip works in his favour . . .
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:45 pm

MUTU wrote:

Sorry, but questioning Pep if he tried/did all, no matter if against Barca or not is just ridiculous. That man lives and breathes soccer 24/7. Yes his life is almost all Barca. But dont forget the negativity the staff of Barca and Pep had before and when he just had joined bayern..

Tbh, it would have been a bigger farce, if Guardiola DIDNT had clapped at the end of the match. Because that would have been the biggest BS from a man who spent almost his whole life @ barca.. And why hide the fact that Messi is the best player around.
Ottomeister13

Postby S4k4zulu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:51 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Sorry, but questioning Pep if he tried/did all, no matter if against Barca or not is just ridiculous. That man lives and breathes soccer 24/7. Yes his life is almost all Barca. But dont forget the negativity the staff of Barca and Pep had before and when he just had joined bayern..

Tbh, it would have been a bigger farce, if Guardiola DIDNT had clapped at the end of the match. Because that would have been the biggest BS from a man who spent almost his whole life @ barca.. And why hide the fact that Messi is the best player around.

Well said

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:00 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I think you overrate the media. I agree it's ridiculous, but also think it would be the path the media takes. Hey, it sells newspapers, you know...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:42 am

Media is a load of crap.. I hardly read anything anymore except fcb.de.. Sport1 sometimes for results from nba or nfl and thats it.
Ottomeister13

Postby Bavarians » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:43 am

Tuchel moves to Munich : " Predestined for Bavaria "

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bay ... 28884.html

:-k

It seems that Thomas Tuchel will live to Munich ... what you think of Tuchel as a coach ? and if it would be a good allowed it to be coach of Bayern ?
MIA SAN MIA @ Deutscher Meister

http://www.fantasybundes.com/en/my-team

Bavarians
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Portugal

Postby prasun77 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:50 am

tuchel will..in all probability be pep's assistant coach next season and take over when pep leaves..he is a pep and bayern fan too by the way..just found out!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion