You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Tedesco » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 am

He is a Barca fan, and even played and coached them. What did they expect?

My only worry is if we play them. A bad performance from us raise eyebrows.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 am

Bayernbazi wrote:Can you imagine what would have happened if Hitzfeld had gone and cheered for BVB while he was Bayern coach ?

It's not the same thing though. Guardiola was born in a province of Barcelona, played for the youths of Barcelona, played most of his professional career for Barcelona, coached the Barcelona reserves, coached the Barcelona senior team and is now coach of Bayern who are in a different country.

The equivalent would be if Schweinsteiger leaves Bayern soon, plays for some other irrelevant clubs then returns as FC Bayern II coach, becomes senior coach, wins loads of titles (including CL titles) at Bayern... and then leaves to coach say Manchester City. One day he comes to scout us playing, say, Real Madrid... and I wouldn't be surprised that he'd cheer for Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:08 am

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:Can you imagine what would have happened if Hitzfeld had gone and cheered for BVB while he was Bayern coach ?

It's not the same thing though. Guardiola was born in a province of Barcelona, played for the youths of Barcelona, played most of his professional career for Barcelona, coached the Barcelona reserves, coached the Barcelona senior team and is now coach of Bayern who are in a different country.

The equivalent would be if Schweinsteiger leaves Bayern soon, plays for some other irrelevant clubs then returns as FC Bayern II coach, becomes senior coach, wins loads of titles (including CL titles) at Bayern... and then leaves to coach say Manchester City. One day he comes to scout us playing, say, Real Madrid... and I wouldn't be surprised that he'd cheer for Bayern.

still very very (as he likes to say) unprofessional to say the least.
Conte played for Juve coached juve but when he goes to scout juve he was never seen cheering(in public)

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:12 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

still very very (as he likes to say) unprofessional to say the least.
Conte played for Juve coached juve but when he goes to scout juve he was never seen cheering(in public)

But Conte is a national team coach now. It's very important for him to show neutrality, otherwise he'll be "killed" by the nasty Italian media accusing him of bias. If he was coaching say Atletico Madrid I'd see nothing wrong about him cheering for Juve.

Also Conte was born in Lecce and is a Lecce youth product. He also coached 4 other clubs before Juventus. His ties with Juventus are much weaker than Guardiola's with Barcelona.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:16 am

Pep could cheer for Barça, but he will do everything he could to beat them if we meet.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 am

Tedesco wrote:He is a Barca fan, and even played and coached them. What did they expect?

My only worry is if we play them. A bad performance from us raise eyebrows.

That's the reason why I think it is unprofessional. I know it's part of him but he is not any anonymous guy he is a public figure as Bayern coach and he should act as such in public.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 am

Good god, stop **** crying because he clapped for his old team. What the **** is wrong with people? Blaming others when they critisize something about our own club ( player, coach etc ) but starting to whine like the world is going down in flames because he claps at the end of the match. Big **** deal. He worked 4 years with the guys, why shouldnt he be able to clap for a good performance. Good god..

Little retarded things like this is probably why this world is so **** up anyway and soccer is going down the drain even more..
Ottomeister13

Postby runaway » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:07 pm

He could have sat in the vip box away from the public but he is a culé and he went there with family and friends and used his season ticket. Messi danced around Citeh and Milner, anyone except Ronaldo, would be awed and cheering by that display.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 pm

It might be worth noting that he wasn't praising Barça but rather Messi who he called "an honor to be able to watch him play." It is all over the Spanish press. There's no mention of him speaking about that team whatsoever. In fact, his last reference to them was a personal conversation which supposedly leaked to the press where he states that someone "should hit me [Guardiola] in the head if I ever go back to Barcelona."

I think it is a sign of respect to be able to go and watch and finally applaud at the Nou Camp together with your region mates. It is quite customary and he is a known advocate of an independent Cataluña.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Good god, stop **** crying because he clapped for his old team. What the **** is wrong with people? Blaming others when they critisize something about our own club ( player, coach etc ) but starting to whine like the world is going down in flames because he claps at the end of the match. Big **** deal. He worked 4 years with the guys, why shouldnt he be able to clap for a good performance. Good god..

Little retarded things like this is probably why this world is so **** up anyway and soccer is going down the drain even more..

Guy chill out, maybe for you it doesn't matter that the coach of a European giant club with its own proud history and identity behaves like that, for me he should be above that. You just can put how many **** you want in your sentences and throw how many names you want but it still remains a fact that although he could have spent his whole lifetime there, it is not professional and he is giving reason for fuelling speculations.
Does this look to you just clapping at the end of the match, at one point he even tries to mask his face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-Xwb11Sww
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:49 pm

No, it shows me that even as a coach he can enjoy other soccer games aswell, especially those of a Messi who is playing great and he has every **** right to do so.. The people who start to speculate about that are just ...... .... ... ...... ;)

Oh wait... he watched Atletico vs Leverkusen aswell, wait, what? He is going to one of them to coach em and he is leaving Bayern!!!!!!! Ohhhhhh nooooooooooo.. #-o

Sorry, but i just downright hate people who try to make an elephant of every little thing. Especially in soccer.

I am glad Guardiola showed this, because he shows that he has passion for the game, no matter who plays. All those other coaches who visit their former club, who coached their for years and dont show any sign of movement or emotion with that club in a game they watch in the stands of their former club, are just made an fake people.

Dont know if you saw that Adidas episode 9 clip in another topic, some guy visited Martinez and bernat and Reina were also there and Reina was cheering off joy when Napoli scored. I dont hear people about that. Oh wait, its Guardiola.. lets give him shit for being human..

Pep, great job.. I hope that you will wear a Messi shirt next time [-o< =D>
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:No, it shows me that even as a coach he can enjoy other soccer games aswell, especially those of a Messi who is playing great and he has every **** right to do so.. The people who start to speculate about that are just ...... .... ... ...... ;)

Oh wait... he watched Atletico vs Leverkusen aswell, wait, what? He is going to one of them to coach em and he is leaving Bayern!!!!!!! Ohhhhhh nooooooooooo.. #-o

Sorry, but i just downright hate people who try to make an elephant of every little thing. Especially in soccer.

I am glad Guardiola showed this, because he shows that he has passion for the game, no matter who plays. All those other coaches who visit their former club, who coached their for years and dont show any sign of movement or emotion with that club in a game they watch in the stands of their former club, are just made an fake people.

Dont know if you saw that Adidas episode 9 clip in another topic, some guy visited Martinez and bernat and Reina were also there and Reina was cheering off joy when Napoli scored. I dont hear people about that. Oh wait, its Guardiola.. lets give him shit for being human..

Pep, great job.. I hope that you will wear a Messi shirt next time [-o< =D>

a bayern shirt with Messi on it you mean:grin:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Pep IS Barcelona, through-and-through. I struggle to believe that any of you wouldn't cheer for Bayern if you were in a similar situation, and none of us have played/coached/etc. for them.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Why am I not surprised someone made a big deal about Pep being at the Barca game
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Hehe yeah, funny thing is, if they would have checked inside @ fcb.de they even announced it on their own website, lol.. So it was not surprising at all..
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion