You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby prasun77 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 am

see the point is ..we lost 4-0 to RM ok fine..everyone makes mistakes madrid were perhaps a bit lucky too..Pep learn your lessons and move on ..fine..

fast forward january 2015..
ok wolfsburg are a top drawer team and they beat us at their home..acceptable..BUT 4-1...**** 4-1? THAT'S too much i think..Pep committed the same mistakes yet again..well yes looking back a part of that solution was Benatia he was bought for these things and has been awesome too and he was unavailable that match..maybe it was dante's incompetence more than pep's fault..i guess even a half fit badstuber would have done better!
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 959 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I think the specialty of that squad was that it was fine tuned to beat the top dog at the time, and not just beat it but completely trash it. We were quite average in a lot of games with Jupp, but we really showed up when it was needed, and we were far far ahead of the team we needed to beat for the CL.

That's what Pep completely missed last year imo. We were good against most opponents, but completely shit against the top dogs of last season (Real, Chelsea, Atletico all probably would have had a field day with us in the semi finals, and not because they were better teams, but simply because they played a game we just had no idea how to beat).

True, but keep in mind that WE were the team to beat last year, not RM. Real were finetuned to beat us just like we were to Barca, and the conditions at the time (such as Tito's death) didn't help us at all. In the end we started off the second leg quite well until going two behind in a short time, and we were not bad in the away game.


I don't think we can go into it like that. For us the only thing to improve against was the park the bus and counter, which all of those teams did very well. Of course it's always hard to play against that especially when Madrid has so much quality in the squad too, but still...we should not have been trashed.

This year I think Pep is perhaps a little unlucky too, because his solution to the issue clearly would have been a 3 defender setup. Now Martinez fell out for the entire season so that one is gone right there. Then came the idea with Benatia / Boateng / Alaba playing the 3 but then Alaba also got injured. Then Lahm fell out, which is another huge hit defensively in the midfield, and now the back 3 is constantly messed up because of injuries and 2-3 game bans. So it doesn't look good for him right now, especially since we still don't have Lahm in the midfield, which will also be a game changer in March.
User avatar
envagyokazapad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 462 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby quaazi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Martinez was the worst blow, in my humble opinion. I'm unsure if the 3-man system v Dortmund in the Pokal was stumbled upon, but the purchase of a known 3-man defense "veteran" Benatia gave a sure sign that Pep had not missed Martinez' effectiveness in that system... even if he was already out by the time.

Listen, don't get me wrong, Pep has to deliver even with "merely" playing Alaba and Schweinsteiger and Ribery... but this team, free of injuries, would look and play a whole different game.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:This year I think Pep is perhaps a little unlucky too, because his solution to the issue clearly would have been a 3 defender setup. Now Martinez fell out for the entire season so that one is gone right there. Then came the idea with Benatia / Boateng / Alaba playing the 3 but then Alaba also got injured. Then Lahm fell out, which is another huge hit defensively in the midfield, and now the back 3 is constantly messed up because of injuries and 2-3 game bans. So it doesn't look good for him right now, especially since we still don't have Lahm in the midfield, which will also be a game changer in March.


Let's not forget Badstuber, who seems to have fitted in perfectly. I said after the Wolfsburg game that Ribery and Rafinha were two injuries too many. Thankfully players are coming back now.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 29949
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8240 times
Been thanked: 6908 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:48 pm

I think the fact Boa played 15-20 mins in midfield today (and the fact he's incredibly versatile) suggests that he might be taking the Martinez spot in the Benatia-Boateng-Badstuber lineup, and from now on we'll likely not see Alonso/Schweini together at all, so it will be Alonso/Schweini-Alaba for the time being, with the third player being Lahm once he returns.

Bernat has been fading lately...I'm guessing once Thiago is fit Alaba will move back to his spot and the midfield will consist of Lahm-Alonso/Schweini-Thiago, with Boateng playing an additional destroyer/third CB role. This is of course just my thought, and I think it sounds good in theory. We'll just have to see.
User avatar
envagyokazapad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 462 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby prasun77 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:57 pm

luckily the team selection once lahm,thiago and martinez are back is pep's headache and not mine..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 959 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Moving Boateng uptown has been the greatest anti-Bielsa move since Martinez landed in Munich. Halfway through the game I was admiring his newfound role as the first ball distributor (honestly he gives Dante and a few midfielders a run for their money) while thinking the many places Pep could land him. Can you imagine if halfway through this very season Pep turns him into the new Yaya?

He's got the shot to match Alaba, the speed to thrump Alonso (statistically speaking he's the second fastest defender at the mannschaft), slide-tackles like Lamm on a mud fight and yet is tall and robust enough to win those aerials coming from the other side keeper and his distribution is simply superb.

God I enjoyed today's last seven minutes.
Last edited by tflags on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 772 times
Been thanked: 2715 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby SchwanMunich » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:^Top post

I see why people are getting nervous but I don't think it's the right time to push the panic button. The season is still warming up and so far I haven't seen anything that is telling me this team won't go achieve big things. Also people need to get a better perspective of how hard it is to win the UCL. This Bayern team has spoiled us being in the finals so often and I am sure the players no it's not easy task.


Very true. At times it does seem this year may be a repeat of last year. We struggled very badly late in the champions league and once again we struggled against shaktar. But it's still early. I've seen us play amazing at times with guardiola at the helm. And we have played more direct at times. I'm hoping we can learn from the losses and use that to succeed moving forward.
User avatar
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Boateng played for City in different positions but he didn't like that.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17104
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8939 times
Been thanked: 8203 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCB general » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:37 pm

JANCKER wrote:Boateng played for City in different positions but he didn't like that.

Boateng till 2012-2013 played almost everything but center-back for what he stated dozens of times as his position.

Fair enough to mention.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2518 times
Been thanked: 2741 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 pm

tflags wrote:Moving Boateng uptown has been the greatest anti-Bielsa move since Martinez landed in Munich. Halfway through the game I was admiring his newfound role as the first ball distributor (honestly he gives Dante and a few midfielders a run for their money) while thinking the many places Pep could land him. Can you imagine if halfway through this very season Pep turns him into the new Yaya?

He's got the shot to match Alaba, the speed to thrump Alonso (statistically speaking he's the second fastest defender at the mannschaft), slide-tackles like Lamm on a mud fight and yet is tall and robust enough to win those aerials coming from the other side keeper and his distribution is simply superb.

God I enjoyed today's last seven minutes.


The only downfall of that is that he's simply the best CB in the world. Great CBs are hard to come by nowadays.
As for Boateng I think the biggest difference between him and our other defenders is that he's really just an amazing FOOTBALLER as in, you can put him in just about any position on the pitch. He's basically what happens when you give lots of talent to a guy with good work ethics.

The fact that Pep is willing to put him in as a single CB in a CL game shows how much he values his abilities.
User avatar
envagyokazapad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 462 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:55 am

envagyokazapad wrote:
tflags wrote:Moving Boateng uptown has been the greatest anti-Bielsa move since Martinez landed in Munich. Halfway through the game I was admiring his newfound role as the first ball distributor (honestly he gives Dante and a few midfielders a run for their money) while thinking the many places Pep could land him. Can you imagine if halfway through this very season Pep turns him into the new Yaya?

He's got the shot to match Alaba, the speed to thrump Alonso (statistically speaking he's the second fastest defender at the mannschaft), slide-tackles like Lamm on a mud fight and yet is tall and robust enough to win those aerials coming from the other side keeper and his distribution is simply superb.

God I enjoyed today's last seven minutes.


The only downfall of that is that he's simply the best CB in the world. Great CBs are hard to come by nowadays.
As for Boateng I think the biggest difference between him and our other defenders is that he's really just an amazing FOOTBALLER as in, you can put him in just about any position on the pitch. He's basically what happens when you give lots of talent to a guy with good work ethics.

The fact that Pep is willing to put him in as a single CB in a CL game shows how much he values his abilities.


Agreed. We have so many midfielders right now and great defenders are hard to come by. He is one of the top 5 CB's without a doubt. His performance against Argentina was incredible and he has performed very well over the past few seasons. He has had a few blunders but overall he has been stellar and there is no one else I would rather have right now.
User avatar
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby runaway » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Being a centerback and a defensive midfielder in a suicidal highline system has only one difference, the man behind you. A CB would have to give everything he has when the opponent has broken through the offside trap, the defensive midfielder won't have to but he is the first line of defense when the opponent break through the initial press thus why Alonso has averaged more fouls/90 here than he did at RM.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1162 times

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Rauntšik » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Image
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
User avatar
Rauntšik
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 362 times
Gender: Male

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Wow even Lewa?! The rest I can understand cause most are aging or playing poorly but Lewa has been class so far. Though I won't be quick to trust everything posted on the Internet.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13692
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4486 times
Been thanked: 2809 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sherpthederp and 7 guests