You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola Press Conference

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Pep Guardiola Press Conference

Postby Element » Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

I Have translated the Press conference from Spox.com

It deserves its own Thread (at least for the next few days) so that you can discuss it as you like

The Effect of the Real Match
"that was a big defeat and we have to look forward now , we have to look at what we have to do better and to analyze why we have lost and then look forwards. The last time in the bundesliga was Hard because we played without aim. now it is all about concentration on the DFB-Pokal Final"

Signing New players for next Season
"I am going to talk with the club about this , but i am satisfied with the current squad, we still have 2 weeks till the important final in Berlin, After that ,we are going to talk, But we also would have had this talk had we made it to the Champions league final,I am very satisfied with the players and am surprised with how good they've played this season"

Change in the Playing Philosophy
"2 days after such a defeat,everything looks bad, but not everything was bad. we now must analyze. I am not here to change football but I have my ideas and I can't Coach a team with the ideas of other coaches , We have played this season based on my ideas and even after the loss vs Madrid,I am still convinced by my ideas"

Changes
"I am open. I talk to the players about my ideas , And I have to adapt to my players Qualities , In Barcelona I have played without A Real Striker, Here I sometimes played with 2 Real Strikers ,I am very Sad about what has happened but i have my ideas , Tomorrow , Against Stuttgart and next year we will play according to my ideas and the board has to decide whether I am the right coach"

Criticism of the media
"I have to Accept the Criticism , I will never forget this defeat, it will remain in my Heart."

about Holger Badstuber
"I am very satisfied , has was severely injured for 2 years , we must stay calm and we should not put him under Pressure,It will take time till he finds his old form"

about Karl Hopfner
"I wish him all the best and hope that he can support the club in the future"

Comeback of Thiago
"He is getting better and better , But I do not think that he will be able to Start in the DFB-Pokal Final . He should think about his health at first , this is very important"

About Martinez, Götze und Müller
"I believe, Javi,Thomas and Götze have played very good when the team has played good this year ,I think they will stay here next year and will play good"

The Time Till Pokal Final
"I am not going to make my mind now about the players that will play vs BVB , It will depend on the last few days before the match and on the Idea i will have for the match"

A Transfer Of Thomas Mueller
"He will not leave, He will play here next season"

About the current Season
"Till the last day i will stay here , I will do everything to help this Club ,I feel very comfortable here and will keep working on my ideas""

The Support of Rummenigge and Sammer
"This is not important , there are 2 things in football , Win or Lose ,If I dont win , I am a risk for the club . But I have the Confidence of the club"
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Pep Guardiola Press Conference

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Element wrote:The Effect of the Real Match
"that was a big defeat and we have to look forward now , we have to look at what we have to do better and to analyze why we have lost and then look forwards. The last time in the bundesliga was Hard because we played without aim. now it is all about concentration on the DFB-Pokal Final"

When we look at why we lost we are likely to look at why we conceded, which is good, but we must also not forget that we failed to score in 180 minutes. That is part of the reason why we lost and we must address it as well.

Element wrote:Signing New players for next Season
"I am going to talk with the club about this , but i am satisfied with the current squad, we still have 2 weeks till the important final in Berlin, After that ,we are going to talk, But we also would have had this talk had we made it to the Champions league final,I am very satisfied with the players and am surprised with how good they've played this season"

This is how it should be. It would be stupid to make a lot of changes because we have a great squad. Just some minor changes, 1 or 2 more transfers, and we're set.

His surprise that we played this good suggests to me that he knows it will take time to get where he wants to and that we're doing so much quicker than anticipated. I guess we are not quite there yet though.
Element wrote:Change in the Playing Philosophy
"2 days after such a defeat,everything looks bad, but not everything was bad. we now must analyze.

THIS. =D>

Element wrote:Changes
"I am open. I talk to the players about my ideas , And I have to adapt to my players Qualities , In Barcelona I have played without A Real Striker, Here I sometimes played with 2 Real Strikers ,I am very Sad about what has happened but i have my ideas , Tomorrow , Against Stuttgart and next year we will play according to my ideas and the board has to decide whether I am the right coach"

Exactly. He has shown us he can change (although sometimes it takes longer than we would like), but we cannot expect him to just be a Heynckes copy. We picked him for a reason. He must adapt to the players, certainly, but so must the players adapt to him. It is a two-way thing. That is the only way any real evolution is possible. Otherwise we will just remain stuck in 2013.

Element wrote:Comeback of Thiago
"He is getting better and better , But I do not think that he will be able to Start in the DFB-Pokal Final . He should think about his health at first , this is very important"

Bad news :(

Element wrote:About Martinez, Götze und Müller
"I believe, Javi,Thomas and Götze have played very good when the team has played good this year ,I think they will stay here next year and will play good"

Good news :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Fri May 02, 2014 1:50 pm

mariogoetze wrote:Please sack Pep Guardiola asap and hire Jupp Heynckes again

you have 10 posts and all posts are the same

i will let it pass this time , next time i will warn you for spamming

instead or repeating this over and over , you can go the a relevant thread , write your idea , and a paragraph explaining your idea, and the members here will discuss it , and you will see who is with you or against you , this is a Forum not an advertisement board
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Why isnt this in the Pep thread?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Element » Fri May 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Why isnt this in the Pep thread?

I have put it here so that it can be discussed seperately

After a while i will merge it with the Pep thread , fellow Moderator
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Element wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Why isnt this in the Pep thread?

I have put it here so that it can be discussed seperately

After a while i will merge it with the Pep thread , fellow Moderator

My bad i just saw your post in the Pep thread :oops:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Karl Hopfner ? what happened ? :oops:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Karl Hopfner ? what happened ? :oops:

He will be elected as Bayerns new president
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:38 pm

OK; I knew that... I thought that he changed his mind cause he said '' about Karl Hopfner
"I wish him all the best and hope that he can support the club in the future"
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ruht » Fri May 02, 2014 3:44 pm

"I am going to talk with the club about this , but i am satisfied with the current squad " This is the most important thing for me, can't believe I had to wake up to numerous media outlets saying how half our team would be sold. Utterly ridiculous.

Not sure what to make of him saying he is sad to be playing with strikers though..
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Element » Fri May 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Ruht wrote:"I am going to talk with the club about this , but i am satisfied with the current squad " This is the most important thing for me, can't believe I had to wake up to numerous media outlets saying how half our team would be sold. Utterly ridiculous.

Not sure what to make of him saying he is sad to be playing with strikers though..

His sadness refers to the Loss vs Madrid and that people say that he did not adapt to his new team

Pep wanted to show that he actually changed some things and that he is sad for the outcome
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby München Minded » Fri May 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Key points:
Signing New players for next Season

About Martinez, Götze und Müller

It's really up to Sammer and the board if any of our players leave. Hopefully Javi doesn't have a desire to leave, as Bayern usually respect players wishes. Also he was injured for a spell this season, and it seems Pep did play him as needed, albeit as CB. Martinez did state in the past he was fine at CB and wherever the coach needs him.

Pep is smart and knows how important other players like Müller and Kroos are, having been at the club for a while. Also what we spent on Götze getting him, it is now up to the player to show us his best. dortmunds system suited Götze and he shined, but now he is at the big club and needs to fit in.

And those calling for Pep's head need to stop, a knee jerk reaction won't help -- look at clubs like chelsea switching coaches too often based on getting enough success. It takes time for a coach's philosophy to take hold, and Pep did extremely well for his first season, after taking a year off of coaching, coming from spain and learning German, fitting in and adapting to German life and culture, and constantly being compared to the previous amazing season of winning a treble (which is near impossible every season). Heynckes IS retired and won't be coming back, end of story.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Ruht » Fri May 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Element wrote:
Ruht wrote:"I am going to talk with the club about this , but i am satisfied with the current squad " This is the most important thing for me, can't believe I had to wake up to numerous media outlets saying how half our team would be sold. Utterly ridiculous.

His sadness refers to the Loss vs Madrid and that people say that he did not adapt to his new team

Pep wanted to show that he actually changed some things and that he is sad for the outcome

I read later on twitter that he actually didn't mean to say he was sad about having to play with strikers, so you are correct.

I was relieved to hear him talk that he is happy with the players. Can't tell you how livid I was that I had to wake up to numerous media outlets saying half our team will be sold as Pep doesn't fancy them.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion