You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Owen Hargreaves

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby kevh26 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:56 am

Mirage wrote:RIQUELME'S RETIRED!!? W-when? I swear I saw him playing football - like - a month ago... that can't be right =/

that must've been really recent, he captained argentina in their friendly loss to Brazil!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:36 pm

Yeah, it was. I read an article about him retiring a few weeks back.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:14 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
Mirage wrote:RIQUELME'S RETIRED!!? W-when? I swear I saw him playing football - like - a month ago... that can't be right =/

he retired from international football...he will continue playing for Villareal though...

Oh right. But wow, that is a shocker ...
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:35 am

When a player retires from international football in his 20s. that means he can`t give more for his country and he`s giving a chance to another player. but in Beckham`s case I think it was so unfair what the English coach did to him, `cause he still excited to give more for his country and he`s a super-star as well. also, for me.. I don`t see any English player could fill his position..... :wink:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby schwarzes » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:30 am

I beg to differ. For becks, I guess he can give up his position to more worthy and younger players who have the undiscovered potential to unleash.
schwarzes
Getting the hang of it

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:05 am

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves, who is recovering from a broken left leg, hopes to return to training by the middle of November.

Hargreaves, 25, is still on crutches after breaking the leg while playing for Bayern Munich against Arminia Bielefeld on 17 September.

He told BBC Radio Five Live: "They say a bone takes six weeks to heal and I'm now in my fourth week. :|

"It's hard to say how long it will take but maybe I'll be back in four weeks."
:arrow:

Hargreaves added: "It's getting there, although it's slow progress. :idea:

"I'm just slowly getting off the crutches and beginning to walk normally again."

Hargreaves was linked to a pre-season move to Manchester United but it was blocked by Bayern who lost Michael Ballack to Chelsea in the summer. :!:

The Canadian-born midfielder has not ruled a move to the Premiership, though, especially after he emerged from England's disappointing World Cup campaign with his reputation enhanced. :lol:

He said: "The more I play for England, the more top English clubs will look at me. 8)

"I had a great summer and things started well for Bayern.

"At the time a move to Manchester was something I wanted to to do but Bayern had different views and that's their right.

"But it's important to focus my attentions on getting fit and at the moment I'm looking at getting healthy."
:o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:44 pm

Lets keep him as long as we can , he grew up with us and now he suddenly wants Man U transfer well i think we should not make him that favour.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Owen Lee Hargreaaaaaaaves get back soooon boy we need your skills , he is absollutely a machine in the pitch his been playing along side with Effenberg , Elber , Ballack and all the other hall of famers in Bayern he definetly learned lots and lots ! We all can see what his abscence does ..i mean yeah Otttl is cool but not as cool as Hargreaves... :cry:
HARGREAAVES they like you here in England but THEY LOVE YOU IN BAVARIA AND MUNICH . !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:35 am

SIR ALEX FERGUSON last night confirmed he intends to make a fresh £20million bid for Bayern Munich and England star Owen Hargreaves in January.

Fergie is still angry he failed to sign the midfielder in the summer when Bayern refused to sell, but the Manchester United boss is confident he will land the 25-year-old with a bigger bid in the next transfer window.

Fergie sees Hargreaves as a long-term central midfield partner for £18.6m Michael Carrick, and is determined to get his man at the second time of asking in the New Year.

"We're still interested in Hargreaves," said Fergie ahead of tonight's Champions League clash with Copenhagen. "But there's no update to give at the moment as we haven't spoken with Bayern again."

Hargreaves was crestfallen when his German club blocked his move, after he had publicly stated his desire to join up with Fergie and England colleagues including Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville and Carrick.

Hargreaves is currently working his way back to fitness after breaking his leg five weeks ago - but that injury has not put off Fergie, who has been given the goahead from the Glazers to make a renewed bid.

Fergie in convinced Hargreaves will give United "the complete midfield" in terms of options with Carrick, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dracus » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 am

fanOfBayern wrote:
MUTU wrote:Hargreaves will NOT move in January. If he moves in January, he wouldn't be able to play in the Champions League / UEFA Cup anymore this season because he would have already represented Bayern.

True.
What's wrong with Owen? If he keeps whining...we should let him go...

£15million is a great amount for Hargreaves. :D

Not that great man.He's worth £20million bcoz he works hard and is the best holding player in the world.Just undervalued
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:43 pm

I'm sick of hearing about it. If he wants to go, let him go.
Man U will then take the Premiership title most likely.
And yay, 20 million.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:19 pm

with 20 million we can buy huntelaar :D :D :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby dracus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:59 am

supr4king wrote:with 20 million we can buy huntelaar :D :D :D

And then what will happen about ribery.
Dont you thhink that huntelaar's asking price will be 20m.IT's about 14m.Coz he plays in eridivise
Even if bayern had 20million(salee of hargeaves)+15m(Remaining funds)+11m(sale of pizarro)=46m
We can buy them both.Ribery will be around 17m.
But bayern's a club with 'not spend too big' philosophy.even if it has the funds then the club would only spend less than half of it.Wonder what they do with that money.
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:01 am

We simply cant let hargreaves go.He's the best.
When we have the best them why look for replacement.
Magath will be the biggest fool if he sells hargeaves.He would eventually look for another Holding one(emre or others).And then we will not be able to buy ribery or huntelaar(or both 'because dont spend too big')
Grrrrr........ :evil: :evil: :evil:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:03 am

Tabloids in England were reporting a possible deal between ManU and bayern about Hargreaves.. he could leave for 25-30 million, because apparently bayern already have closed a deal with Newcastle to buy EMRE in January..

i dont really believe this news but still, maybe someone else knows more about it.
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion