You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Owen Hargreaves

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Owen Hargreaves

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Never saw the guy play at his prime can anyone give me a recap and if it was worth selling him for the highest fee Bayern have on record?

I do not remember him much either. I think most of us were sad to see him go but judging by the way his career turned out it's easily the best deal we ever made.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I do not remember him much either. I think most of us were sad to see him go but judging by the way his career turned out it's easily the best deal we ever made.

Yeah... In our club he was really great player and we wanted to keep him as longer as possible, but Owen decided to move to England. I rembember when he won the award for the best English player, the first one who never played in Premier league but achieve such thing.

I expected brilliant career at United, but injuries were stronger.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 pm

I think he had a few injury problems in Munich too. If so, that makes all the money Bayern received for him even sweeter.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm

AssemFCB wrote: If so, that makes all the money Bayern received for him even sweeter.

Better put in context, Bayern sold him for £17 M to ManU on May 31st 2007, only 7 days later they signed this French player who everyone thought was going to end up at Arsenal or Real Madrid for €25 M (or £17.5 M at 2007 exchange rate) The French player still makes pretty good runs down the left wing :wink:
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby lau03143 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 pm

I remember reading in the press and on TV during England games, he was neuer really a first pick player for them until the 2006 World Cup and that he felt he had to move to England to guarantee himself as first choice.

Obviously, towards the end at Bayern, his performances were recognised back in England.

But he was a very good player and on the whole very underrated for the most part of his career by those in England.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Yes, the media was so much against him playing for England at World Cup 2006 that the English prime minister felt he needed to intervene and asked fans and media alike to give him a chance. After the WC he was voted by fans as England's best player, such were his performances great. He made the English public's perception into a U-turn in the space of a few weeks.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:42 pm

MUTU wrote:Yes, the media was so much against him playing for England at World Cup 2006 that the English prime minister felt he needed to intervene and asked fans and media alike to give him a chance. After the WC he was voted by fans as England's best player, such were his performances great. He made the English public's perception into a U-turn in the space of a few weeks.

Why were they against him? Because he is Canadian?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:08 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
MUTU wrote:Yes, the media was so much against him playing for England at World Cup 2006 that the English prime minister felt he needed to intervene and asked fans and media alike to give him a chance. After the WC he was voted by fans as England's best player, such were his performances great. He made the English public's perception into a U-turn in the space of a few weeks.

Canadian, played in Germany exp Bayern, a few average games for England and wasn't one of the "Golden Generation" who were loved by the media
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MoFattal » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:28 am

He was sub-contracted in their eyes.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 pm

MaCk0y wrote:

Because he was the only one not playing in the Premier League. And, because he played in what was in their eyes an inferior league, and hadn't seen him play, they automatically assumed that he sucked.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Keep in mind these are the same people who believed that Rooney was the world's best player in 2010.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:06 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Keep in mind these are the same people who believed that Rooney was the world's best player in 2010.

The "white Pele" :mrgreen:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:45 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Keep in mind these are the same people who believed that Rooney was the world's best player in 2010.

He IS the only valuable asset in that whole thing called the England NT.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby BayernLove » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm

MUTU wrote:

The "white Pele" :mrgreen:

HAH! Everyone knows Heskey is the white Pele!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 pm

BayernLove wrote:HAH! Everyone knows Heskey is the white Pele!

U mean Pele is the white Heskey.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion