You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Owen Hargreaves

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Owen Hargreaves

Postby München Minded » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:13 pm

With his injury track record I would NEVER want him to come back to bayern, except as some type of scouting or other non-player role. with him being released from ManU, I am sure some smaller English club willing to take an injury prone player will attempt to get him.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 am

Bring him back to Bayern as a coach or a scout...although English, he will always be remembered as a product of the Bayern youth system and a quality FCB player.

Uli and KHR should offer him something, since Bayern have a strong reputation of taking care of their own, unlike ManUre who just discard players like yesterday's trash.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:40 am

Owen Hargreaves has revealed he offered to play for Manchester United for free before finally accepting that his injury nightmare would bring an end to his miserable spell at Old Trafford.

Hargreaves joined United for 17 million ($A26 million) from Bayern Munich in 2007, but managed just 39 appearances for Sir Alex Ferguson's side over four seasons as he battled persistent knee problems.

Even when the England midfielder made his comeback against Wolverhampton Wanderers last season, he was forced off with a hamstring injury only minutes into the game and United decided to release the 30-year-old at the end of last season.

Hargreaves tried everything he could to persuade Ferguson to let him stay with the Barclays Premier League champions and even agreed to play without any pay.

"At one stage I did offer to play for nothing this season, just to stay on,'' Hargreaves said.

"But they said, 'You don't want to do that' and they were probably right.

"I don't blame them for letting me go. I can understand it. There comes a point when you have to say this hasn't worked out. The game has moved on. See you later, all the best.''

Hargreaves has travelled the world to receive treatment on his knee, and famously published videos on YouTube to try to demonstrate his fitness to play.

He insists he used the internet because he does not employ an agent and found it to be the easiest way to pass information to clubs who might be interested in him.

"It ended up on YouTube because the files were too big to email to specific people, specific clubs,'' he said.

"So I put them on YouTube so they could see it. I know it became a bit of a story when people found it in the public domain but I don't really care. No big deal.''

The videos seem to have worked, however, as Hargreaves has now attracted interest from Premier League club West Bromwich Albion and he believes he can play his way back into England contention once he does sign for a club.

"I'm coming back believing I can return to the level I was at before. My body feels great and my knees are perfect," he said.

"I've just got this huge chip on my shoulder because I've been out for three years and people think I'm dead and buried.''

Source: AFP
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:45 am

Wish him the best

He is really good
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Poor bastard, I wouldn't have minded him coming back to Bayern to provide depth to the squad... Hope he does well wherever he ends up.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:24 pm

quaazi wrote:Poor bastard, I wouldn't have minded him coming back to Bayern to provide depth to the squad... Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Is Ulli listening...he will play for free!!!! :)

We could get him and give him a low salary for starters...and he would be great if he is fit...if he is not we still dont lose anything:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Imagine getting him for free and than he plays the season of his life and Man Utd offer us 30 mil€ to sell him:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Owen Hargreaves has officially joined FC Bayern's Champions League Group A opponents Manchester City on a one-year contract.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby medjahedm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:42 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ves-report

Looks like his time in Manchester is done. The way his career deteriorated really does make me sad, he used to be one of my favorite players. Lets hope he finds success some other way
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLeb » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 am

If Bayern sign him for free, and he was fit bas not fit enough to compete at high level, then can he play in Bayern II ?
I dont think he will mind that given Bayern has one of the best Medical units. Then if he is completely fit he add some depth to our team.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:55 am

Hargreaves will remain FC Bayern's best-ever sale for many years to come.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I wish he gets a job at Bayern (not as a player of course)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby medjahedm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm

BayernLeb wrote:If Bayern sign him for free, and he was fit bas not fit enough to compete at high level, then can he play in Bayern II ?
I dont think he will mind that given Bayern has one of the best Medical units. Then if he is completely fit he add some depth to our team.

Bayern II would have Hargreaves and Schweinsteiger in their squad next year ;)
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 pm

He is in the news today:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/tr ... 59032.html

There are serious rumors that he might end up with Toronto F.C where he can re-unite with former team mate Torsten Frings (or replace him) as Frings underwent hip surgery recently and at 36 he might not return. There is word in Germany that Frings was offered a coaching position in Werder Bremen's youth system.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Never saw the guy play at his prime can anyone give me a recap and if it was worth selling him for the highest fee Bayern have on record?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion