You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Owen Hargreaves

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:38 pm

He would be able to, but not this season. UEFA have a rule that if any player has played for a club in European competition, he cannot play in European competition matches for another club in the same season. He's already played for Bayern in the CL. Hence, till the end of the season, he cannot play in either the Champions League or the UEFA club with any other club except Bayern Munich.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:29 pm

Oh right. I guess that's fair. So long as he's playing in the Premier League, I doubt he'll mind missing the CL. He would probs make Man United stronger, but they'll do fine in the CL without him. They've a good chance of winning the whole thing.
But I hope he doesn't leave.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Mirage wrote:Oh right. I guess that's fair. So long as he's playing in the Premier League, I doubt he'll mind missing the CL. He would probs make Man United stronger, but they'll do fine in the CL without him. They've a good chance of winning the whole thing.

I really don't think Man U's got a chance of winning CL....Now with Gigg's injured, park being out for 3 months. their midfield is crippled.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby BMike86 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:10 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
Mirage wrote:Oh right. I guess that's fair. So long as he's playing in the Premier League, I doubt he'll mind missing the CL. He would probs make Man United stronger, but they'll do fine in the CL without him. They've a good chance of winning the whole thing.

I really don't think Man U's got a chance of winning CL....Now with Gigg's injured, park being out for 3 months. their midfield is crippled.

Celtic gave a valiant effort @ Old Trafford and nearly pulled it off. That match shouldn't have been close. But I like ManU a lot, I don't think they can win the CL, but I think they could win the Premiership. Or atleast they have the best chance of dethroning Chelsea
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby kevh26 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 pm

man u always have a chance when ole gunnar's fit
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:29 pm

BMike86 wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:

Celtic gave a valiant effort @ Old Trafford and nearly pulled it off. That match shouldn't have been close. But I like ManU a lot, I don't think they can win the CL, but I think they could win the Premiership. Or atleast they have the best chance of dethroning Chelsea

I aggree..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fa » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:36 am

I think UEFA changed the rule about the transfers : its now possible to sign a player in January who already played CL and let him play in the UEFA cup.. also the other way around. So if you buy someone who already played in the UEFA cup he can play in CL the same seaon.

still this rule can just be applied on 1 player per team.

I do have to check to confirm this rule
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:36 pm

fa wrote:I think UEFA changed the rule about the transfers : its now possible to sign a player in January who already played CL and let him play in the UEFA cup.. also the other way around. So if you buy someone who already played in the UEFA cup he can play in CL the same seaon.

still this rule can just be applied on 1 player per team.

I do have to check to confirm this rule

I dont think its CL team to CL team. If they never played CL but were in Uefa I think they can, but I dont think CL to CL
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:40 pm

fa wrote:I do have to check to confirm this rule

Sure, let us know please :)

The most important thing though: Hargreaves will not be able to play any CL game for any team apart from Bayern in this season. Year after year, the UEFA cup loses its appeal, and many teams in the top leagues would rather win their domestic league than the UEFA cup nowadays.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Hargreaves breaks leg

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Sad news indeed, apparently Hargreaves has broken his fibula during the match against Arminia Bielefeld and will take months to recover. Nothing is confirmed yet as they still need to conduct tests on him, but the worst is feared :(
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:50 pm

jesus..... this is really really bad......
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:54 am

It's been confirmed. He is expected to be out for up to 4 months. So he should be back after the winter break.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:13 pm

The injury is not as bad as was expected. He will face about 6 weeks and will not require any surgery. He is expected back in November.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Bayern can manage. But it is really really bad news :( It must be one of the worst things that can happen if you're a footie player.

I wonder what England will do. Lennon is injured and Beckham has been dropped, unless this is his chance to get back in...
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:41 pm

Beckham will be back, it's almost a certainty now.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion