You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Owen Hargreaves

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:47 pm

MUTU wrote:Yes I know, you're right
But let's take it from a more positive view :D

Van Bommel > Ze Roberto
Dos Santos > Jeremies
Fuerstner < Ballack

:P

I get your point though, and you're entirely right. However both the defence and the attack were strengthened. Overall, I think we have pretty much the same quality.


I agree with all points, except for " Overall, I think we have pretty much the same quality".

Ballack left a lot of void in the team...He was like THE FEAR-FACTOR of the team.....Like, he gets special attention(given his goal scoring exploits) from oppositions...

Now, there is no such player in the team.
User avatar
fanOfBayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: NY, (USA)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:49 pm

And that's exactly why we can be more successful, because we are now less predictable because we're no longer dependent on that 1 player.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31954
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5650 times
Been thanked: 8445 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:52 pm

MUTU wrote:And that's exactly why we can be more successful, because we are now less predictable because we're no longer dependent on that 1 player.


but there is a big '?'. Magath is not that adventurous....
User avatar
fanOfBayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: NY, (USA)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:21 pm

Well, now's his test. It's the first time he's facing major reshuffles at Bayern.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31954
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5650 times
Been thanked: 8445 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nessa13 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:06 am

instead of just sitting on the bemnch, i think magath should make him play.. i mean hes a good player. and with him and podolski bayern might actually have opportunities to get points... i think it would be better then the santa cruz- makaay combo because sanat cruz missed too many chances. in the game between nuremberg, he missed a super nice ball... that was missed chance that should of been a goal. if podolski and hargreeves played, then maybe magath could see what combos work better, if not, then he can put the same players as before. i mean it doesnt hurt to try something new rite?
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: montreal, canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby diegis » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:51 am

Manchester United will complete the £15million signing of Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich in January.

source: sundaymirror.co.uk
User avatar
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Gender: Male

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:48 am

Hargreaves will NOT move in January. If he moves in January, he wouldn't be able to play in the Champions League / UEFA Cup anymore this season because he would have already represented Bayern.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31954
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5650 times
Been thanked: 8445 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:14 pm

MUTU wrote:Hargreaves will NOT move in January. If he moves in January, he wouldn't be able to play in the Champions League / UEFA Cup anymore this season because he would have already represented Bayern.

True.
What's wrong with Owen? If he keeps whining...we should let him go...

£15million is a great amount for Hargreaves. :D
User avatar
fanOfBayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: NY, (USA)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Mirage » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:13 pm

I heard this January rumour too. The Mirror is a lot more respectable than the Sun newspaper too.

I wouldn't have thought he'd still be whining to go :P But maybe he stopped whining when they finally agreed to let him go and it's just come out that he's leaving.

So what, do we think this is false or Owen's really going? Aww I'll miss him. But I like Man U too sooo...
User avatar
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Female

Postby diegis » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:13 pm

MUTU wrote:Hargreaves will NOT move in January. If he moves in January, he wouldn't be able to play in the Champions League / UEFA Cup anymore this season because he would have already represented Bayern.

maybe man utd will finish 4th in cl :wink:
User avatar
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Gender: Male

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 pm

well, the only way it would NOT make a difference to him would be if Bayern ends up 4th in the table, because no matter what he'll still not play again in Europe. If Manchester United end up 4th, it will not affect him in the least as he still wouldn't have been eligible to play if he does move on.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31954
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5650 times
Been thanked: 8445 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 pm

i dont think he really cares if he will play in champions league or uefa cup this season.. for him its important to transfer at man utd (as he said he wants) and he can play in champions league next season. one european season missed is not a big deal
User avatar
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Gender: Male

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:42 pm

With the same reasoning, half a season extra at Bayern is no big deal and he could transfer next summer... anything is possible, even that he remains and fulfills his current contract. The Mirror, whilst more respectable than the Sun (as Mirage said), still isn't exactly the most reliable source of news.

And it seems realistic as well. I know Bayern refused 17 million sterling for him to transfer a few weeks ago, but it makes sense that they accept 15 million sterling for him to move in January, because by then Deisler would be back and van Bommel would have found his feet playing for Bayern.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31954
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5650 times
Been thanked: 8445 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 am

he won't leave til the summer. always look first at the countries paper of the club the player is leaving first. and anyways it is still english journalism, hahahaha. summer is the earliest and most likely
User avatar
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:28 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Mirage » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:32 am

MUTU wrote:
And it seems realistic as well. I know Bayern refused 17 million sterling for him to transfer a few weeks ago, but it makes sense that they accept 15 million sterling for him to move in January, because by then Deisler would be back and van Bommel would have found his feet playing for Bayern.


Mmm that's true.
But I don't get it, why wouldn't he be able to play for Man U in the CL? :?
User avatar
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: miera82 and 26 guests