You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Owen Hargreaves

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:33 pm

I am glad we are keeping him...

he is a hard worker...and will be good to have...moreover, he can play anywhere.....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SALEH12345 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:21 am

this is the time that hargrevs has to give bayern back what the team give him in 9 years ,and in my opnion he can be the best deffinseve medfilder in the world he is very talnted and he got the ability .
SALEH12345
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:15 pm

I think they should've let him go. The team isn't any worse without him. Plus he worked really hard to get the transfer to United, I mean - what if he's less motivated for Bayern now? =S
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:07 pm

We need him for strength-in-depth. What if van Bommel or Demichelis get injured? We need backup...
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Sabik » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 pm

I also think that we need him.
In my opinion,its good that Bayern has not come on the offer.
Owen has extended his contract for four years in October 2005 and now he wants suddenly away.
In addition, Bayern should not come on these enormous sums of foreign clubs and they should economise normally.
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:01 pm

I'm still not convinced. In Oct 05 he wasn't so accepted by English fans as he's now. I can understand why he wants to move, but hmm I can understand why they won't let him. Fining him seems a bit much though. And I read he was ridiculed in Germany ):
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ballack_13 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:40 pm

I think we should have sold him and cashed in on this opportunity that Man U were offering us. i mean 30 -million dollars for hargreaves is a lot of money. and i am pretty sure that we could have bought a player as good as hargreaves
ballack_13
First post

Postby kevh26 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:48 pm

you can't just value a player on his ability, there are other factors to be taken into consideration... his value to the team at the time of the offer was important, if the van bommel deal fell through and we were without hargreaves, it would've been hard to try to find a player that close to the transfer window deadline... that could have cost us god knows how many points before the window re-opened and possibly put a dent in our title chances... and so costing us even more!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:48 am

Yep... and it's possible that van Bommel is injured tomorrow and would be out for the rest of the season. We'd need someone who can step in. Selling Hargreaves would have robbed us of an option.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:54 am

i think we need him . Balack , Ze Roberto and Jeremis are all gone , so we need every player in the medfield.
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:08 am

I totally agree.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:36 pm

one year before, we had surplus midfielers..
But now, we are short....Jeremies, Ballack, Ze', Diesler(is out), Scholl(is no younger) and no new siginings in midfield.
So, it's not wise to sell Hargreaves.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:37 pm

Well, we have Van Bommel and Fuerstner (promoted from the youths), and Dos Santos is almost a new signing...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:38 pm

MUTU wrote:Well, we have Van Bommel and Fuerstner (promoted from the youths), and Dos Santos is almost a new signing...

I missed Bommel...
but compare the quality with those who left...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:41 pm

Yes I know, you're right
But let's take it from a more positive view :D

Van Bommel > Ze Roberto
Dos Santos > Jeremies
Fuerstner < Ballack

:P

I get your point though, and you're entirely right. However both the defence and the attack were strengthened. Overall, I think we have pretty much the same quality.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion