You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Hitzfeld: Premiership our role model

Postby tracylynn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:36 pm

Hitzfeld: Premiership our role model

Ottmar Hitzfeld has revealed he intends to use the style football played in the Premiership as his example for his Bayern Munich side as they look to work themselves back into the race for the Bungesliga title.

Hitzfeld led Bayern to Champions League glory in 2001 during a six year reign at the club, and stepped back into the job at the end of last month after his successor Felix Magath was sacked for a poor run of results in the league.

"We have to have big ambitions," Hitzfeld told Sport Bild. "The Premier League must be our example. A quicker tempo, more movement on the pitch, and more application - that's what we want."

Exercises in training have also revealed Hitzfeld's desire to play with a higher defensive line, in order for the team to function more as a unit.

"We need to stay more compact," Hitzfeld explained. "That way, our passing game and our interplay will improve automatically."

Hitzfeld's assistant Michael Henke spent time in London observing Arsenal, and insisted: "We can certainly follow Arsenal's example regarding quick passing and interplay."
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 pm

The General seems to be doing some work here.....Never heard any such things when Felix was the coach... I am glad that Hitzfeld is looking to change things at Bayern...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Hitzfeld: Premiership our role model

Postby podolski4life » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:07 am

tracylynn wrote:"We have to have big ambitions," Hitzfeld told Sport Bild. "The Premier League must be our example. A quicker tempo, more movement on the pitch, and more application - that's what we want."

Amen to that, brotha!
Last edited by podolski4life on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:51 am

haha i second that !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 am

Though I'm no Arsenal fan, I do think Bayern could be more effective with their players playing that style of football. I wonder what the players think of basing their new style of play on that of one of their rivals, especially one they've always had success against. :wink:
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:28 am

Guys as you can see that is one of the signs that show us Hitzfeld has moved on...evolved his tactics . Welldone to that and i think Premiership Bayern will do better than this current Bayern,
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 am

Could this be a move to retain Hargreaves? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:37 am

uh haha i would love it , if Hitzfeld made Hargreaves to play for Bayern till 2010 :D
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:56 pm

I like Arsenal, so it's interesting to hear this... Hitzfeld is really knuckling down at Bayern which is awesome news :P I like how Henke is in Madrid this week, London the next... Did Magath's assistant ever do this!?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Mirage wrote:I like Arsenal, so it's interesting to hear this... Hitzfeld is really knuckling down at Bayern which is awesome news :P I like how Henke is in Madrid this week, London the next... Did Magath's assistant ever do this!?

I also like Arsenal, especially Henry. As for Magath's assistant, I don't think so but I could be wrong. I'd be surprised if he did since neither he nor Magath seemed like the type of guys who would get off their behinds.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby yoanna » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:29 am

he's aware of the problems and doesn't shy off communicating with the fans. still wants to evolve and bring changes to the style of managing a team, and his tactics. he's the greatest. simple as that.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Bayern's Hitzfeld reveals health scare

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld revealed on Wednesday that the health problems which forced him to retire in 2004 have returned.

The 58-year-old was only persuaded back to Bayern's helm in February after Felix Magath was sacked, but the stress of coaching the German giants is taking its toll on his health once more and he has already lost two kilos.

Hitzfeld has agreed to coach Bayern next season, but is planning a major recruitment drive over the summer with his side set to miss out on a Champions League place next season for the first time in 11 years.

"I must make sure I don't lose too much weight and I have to make sure I find my time for switching off and relaxing," Hitzfeld told German sports magazine Sport-Bild in the wake of his side's 2-0 defeat at VfB Stuttgart last weekend.

"It's too easy to not be able to see the wood for the trees when the pressure of the job starts building up."

Although the stomach complaint which affected him in 2004 is showing signs of returning, the 2001 World Coach of the Year is managing his condition with relaxation.

"After spending the whole day dealing with football, I make sure I switch off after 8pm and do something completely different, read or just relax," he said.

But Hitzfeld stressed he is enjoying his time back with Bayern.

"I am proud to be Bayern coach. It is a lot of fun, even if it doesn't always seem so at the time."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Hitzfeld Considering Swiss National Job

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:53 pm

It is being reported that Bayern trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld has a second option in mind should he leave the Bundesliga side- the Swiss national job.

“I’ve thought about it, and have to come to a conclusion. There are two options for me: Bayern Munich or the Swiss national team” the 58 year old Swiss tabloid ‘Blick’.

Hitzfeld’s readiness to succeed Kobi Kuhn has been received positively by the Swiss Football Federation. “I’m personally delighted that an experienced coach like Ottmar Hitzfeld would show interest in the Swiss national team” admitted FA President Ralph Zloczower.

Ernst Lämmli, a delegate with the FA explained, “It’s fantastic if Ottmar has such an idea.”

A decision upon the successor to Kobi Kuhn will be taken in February or March next year after the Euro 2008 Championships in Austria/ Switzerland. Kuhn has decided not to extend his current contract.

Alongside Hitzfeld, Kuhns’s assistant Michel Pont, and FC Basel trainer Christian Gross are expected to be in the frame.

Hitzfeld returned to Munich in February of this year succeeding Felix Magath at the Allianz Arena for his second spell in charge at the club.

‘The General’ has already coached in Switzerland with spells at Grasshopper Zürich, FC Aarau and SC Zug. He also appeared for FC Basel, FC Lugano and FC Lucern as a player.

Hitzfeld owns a second home in the ski resort of Engelberg, and is current building a new home in his birthplace of Lörrach on the Swiss border.
FC Bajern

Bayern look to retain Hitzfeld

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:33 pm

10-20-2007
Bayern look to retain Hitzfeld

Bayern Munich manager Uli Hoeness said on Saturday he hopes coach Ottmar Hitzfeld will sign a contract extension over the winter break to stay at the German giants for another season.

Hitzfeld, who has won the Champions League with both Bayern and Borussia Dortmund, has expressed interest in coaching the Swiss national team after next summer's Euro 2008 tournament with his contract in Munich set to expire in June.

But Bayern, who went six points clear at the top of the Bundesliga thanks to Saturday's 2-1 win at VfL Bochum, are keen to extend the 58-year-old's contract with his unbeaten side picking up their eighth win of the season.

'I am hoping we can announce Hitzfeld will stay with us after January's winter break,' Hoeness told German satellite channel Premiere.

Hitzfeld has always said he wants to talk to Bayern's management before he considers coaching any other side, but is interested in taking over from Swiss coach Jakob Kuhn after next summer's European Championships.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Re: Official gossip news thread

Postby Element » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 pm

TZ interviewed Hitzfeld (OUR COACHING LEGEND)

Translated By Google not me , Because it is a bit too long , but u will understand what is written in it

And note : Seals means Robben (Google Translates the word Robben to Seals)
========
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion