You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Oliver Kahn

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Mirage » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Paddy wrote:Well when I think of it, it wouldn´t make sence to ban them over something that happened off the pitch.

thats a really good point. i hope its true.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:51 pm

03-17-2007
Bayern pair had heated exchange with dope tester: UEFA

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness said Saturday a heated exchange between a UEFA doctor and Oliver Kahn and Lucio had taken place during doping tests prior to their Champions League match on March 7.

European football's governing body on Friday opened disciplinary proceedings against Kahn and Lucio, accusing the pair of 'improper behaviour' during the tests.

'The doctor in charge of testing complained about the players' attitude, but they did undergo the urine tests,' said Hoeness before Bayern's Bundesliga match against Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.

'But the doctor complained that he was not present when they gave their urine samples. It was at that point that there were animated exchanges between them.'

UEFA's disciplinary committee will examine the case on March 22.

Bayern went on to beat Real Madrid 2-1 to qualify for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it interesting that the doctor said he was not present when they gave their urine samples. This sounds fishy to me.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 pm

seems strange they would get into 'a heated exchange' over doping test of any kind, to begin with. how weird is that?
and what's with the doctor being absent from the testing?
i wouldn't want to be that doctor.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:36 am

Kahn sent a written apology to the European football's ruling
body. UEFA launched an investigation because of reports that Kahn and
Bayern team-mate Lucio
"breached basic rules of good conduct" during
the doping control procedure after Munich eliminated Real Madrid in
the round of 16 on March 7

"It wasn't okay the way I released my spontaneous frustration,"
said Kahn, who said he didn't expect to be punished by being
suspended for the quarter-final first-leg tie against AC Milan on
April 3.

"I have played over 100 Champions League games and nothing like
this has ever happened before. Accordingly, I assume that I will
play,"
he said.

There was allegedly a war of words after Kahn's urine sample
wasn't accepted because the doping control officer wasn't present
when it was submitted.

"Things like this shouldn't happen," said the 37-year-old Kahn. "I
would like to apologize to the doping doctor."

Munich are already without key midfielder Mark van Bommel for both
legs as the Dutchman is suspended
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:48 am

Kahn said: 'It was two hours before I could give a sample and then when I brought the beaker to the doctor he said I'd have to do it again because he wasn't present for it,'

'I was tired, annoyed and at the end of my tether.'
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:08 am

I mean if i was Kahn id bloody kick the doctor. I mean 4 times in the row for a doping test......**** hell.

This is Berlusconni's magic.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Kahn and Lucio were picked randomly for the doping control after the 2-1 Champions League win against Real Madrid on March 7 and UEFA has accused them of breaching "basic rules of good conduct."

The European soccer's governing body will hear the case Thursday.

"I am sorry. It was not OK and I would like to apologize to the doping doctor," Kahn said Tuesday.

Kahn, 37, sent a written apology to UEFA, saying he had acted out of frustration.

"Something like that should not happen," Kahn said of his behavior.

Neither Bayern nor the players involved have given details of the incident but German newspapers said Kahn and Lucio insulted the doctor.

Bayern is concerned that UEFA could ban Kahn and Lucio from the Champions League quarterfinal against AC Milan. Bayern midfielder Mark van Bommel already is suspended for both legs
. Lucio has not spoken about the incident.

Kahn said he did not expect to be banned for the first leg April 3 in Milan.

"I have more than 100 Champions League games behind me and nothing to reproach. I believe I'll be playing," he said.

Kahn said it took him two hours after the game to produce a urine sample and when he finally gave it to the doctor, he was told that he had to produce another one because the doctor had not witnessed the first one.

"I was tired, angry and upset ... my family was waiting for me. It's hard for an outsider to imagine the pressure of a knockout game against Real Madrid ... and then you have to go to doping control," Kahn said.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:49 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:Bayern midfielder Mark van Bommel already is suspended for both legs

No he is NOOOOOOTTTT!!!!
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 am

FC Bajern wrote:
Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:Bayern midfielder Mark van Bommel already is suspended for both legs

No he is NOOOOOOTTTT!!!!

She's not saying that he is but the article is saying that. The article was published before his suspension was overturned.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:35 am

tracylynn wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:

No he is NOOOOOOTTTT!!!!

She's not saying that he is but the article is saying that. The article was published before his suspension was overturned.

Yea, but doesn't she read the articles before posting them? because to my knowledge the article was posted after the van Bommel news
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:17 pm

FC Bajern wrote:
tracylynn wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:

No he is NOOOOOOTTTT!!!!

Yea, but doesn't she read the articles before posting them? because to my knowledge the article was posted after the van Bommel news

No! I`ve post it before. :roll:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Kahn suspended

Postby charger256 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:21 pm

:cry:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/ne ... 19104.html

FC Bayern München goalkeeper Oliver Kahn will miss his side's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg encounter with AC Milan in Italy on 3 April after being banned by UEFA for one club competition match.

Improper conduct
Kahn was also fined €12,339 (CHF 20,000) by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Committee for improper conduct at the doping control after the UEFA Champions League first knockout round second leg against Real Madrid CF in Munich on 7 March. Bayern defender Lucio has also been fined €6,171 (CHF 10,000) for the same offence. Appeals may be lodged against the verdicts within three days of receipt of the written grounds for the decisions.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Damn it!!! , Uefa never changes. Its always the slightly smaller team atht gets punished, never the clubs like Milan and Real. Oh well Go Rensing.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:38 pm

FC Bajern wrote:
tracylynn wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:

No he is NOOOOOOTTTT!!!!

The article came out a day before the news of Mark not being suspended because I remember reading it the day before Mark's suspension was overturned.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:
tracylynn wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:

No he is NOOOOOOTTTT!!!!

No! I`ve post it before. :roll:

Oh yeah! Why don't you check the topic on FC Bayern News, the news was there way before you posted this article Image
FC Bajern

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion