You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Oliver Kahn

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm not even going to repost Snake's post but I do want to make a few comments. One being that there was a "rumor" about Maier being fired or resigned. Do you believe every thing you read or hear? Rumors are not facts, they are just rumors and nothing more. In order to prove a point one needs hard, cold facts and that's not it.

:evil: I need glasses? Why? Because I don't judge players the same way that you do? Huth is not a moron and he's neither a bad nor great player, but for anyone to go on the pitch and play day in and day out has to be decent. I respect him for what he does. It's something called RESPECT even to the individuals you may or may not like. BTW...One should not judge someone by what they see on TV or from what they hear because that's just wrong.

IMO, you're more upset about Kahn not being chosen as the starting goalie than Kahn is. It's time to let it go and get over it. No offense but I think the comments about Huth and Lehmann actually show disrespect more to Kahn than to them. I truely believe that when individuals call others names or show disrespect to an opponent of a team or athlete of their favorite team/player, that's being disrespectful to their favorite because I'm sure the idolized shows more respect than that.

I'm done talking about this because it really isn't that important of an issue. What was done was done. Everyone needs to accept it and move on. That's the one thing with sports that I don't think many folks like or accept. Coaches are going to make decisions that may or may not be liked, and as an athlete or fan, one needs expect it and accept it without complaints. If one can't then they have a problem.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Topic locked :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Keeper Kahn names retirement date

Bayern Munich keeper Oliver Kahn has announced he will retire from football when his contract expires in 2008. The 37-year-old, who won 86 caps, quit international football after last summer's World Cup finals but decided to play on at club level for two years.

"I will honour my deal until 2008 and after that it will be the right time, at 39, to call a halt and concentrate on something else," he said.

Kahn joined the Bavarian giants in 1994 and has played 516 times for the club.

During that time he has helped them to seven German league titles, five German Cups, the 2001 Champions league title and the 1996 UEFA Cup.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:28 pm

As much as I love Bayern I can´t see them winning the CL this year. And Kahn won´t leave, he can´t. Rensing is not ready yet imho.
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:59 am

wonder what's "sth else" he'd like to concentrate on...
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kahn and Lucio charged

Postby SNAKE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:07 pm

Kahn and Lucio charged
Friday, 16 March 2007

UEFA has charged FC Bayern München goalkeeper Oliver Kahn and defender Lucio for improper conduct at the post-match doping control after their team's UEFA Champions League first knockout round second-leg encounter against Real Madrid CF in Munich last week.

22 March hearing
The two players were found to have breached basic rules of good conduct, and the case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body next Thursday, 22 March. Bayern won the match 2-1 to progress to the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals on the away goals ruling in a 4-4 aggregate scoreline.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

What do you all tthink about this?

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Walls » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:25 pm

cant see it on the uefa site
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: ..

Postby diegis » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:35 pm

Walls wrote:cant see it on the uefa site

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind ... 17215.html
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:40 pm

If they are banned from the match in milan we might as well stay at home.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Walls » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:58 pm

Paddy wrote:If they are banned from the match in milan we might as well stay at home.

LOL
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: ..

Postby Walls » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:58 pm

Walls wrote:cant see it on the uefa site

ma bad..just saw it
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: ,

Postby Paddy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:32 pm

Walls wrote:
Paddy wrote:If they are banned from the match in milan we might as well stay at home.

LOL

Yeah who will cover for Lucio? Demichelis? He´s a poor defender at best. And Rensing isn´t playing much these days and if he all of the sudden steps in...I dunno...

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:44 pm

wth??????

Anyways...I hope that it won't be a ban.. they can fine them..they got plenty of money..P
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Walls » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:wth??????

Anyways...I hope that it won't be a ban.. they can fine them..they got plenty of money..P

I agree....plus Van Bommel is missing the match too so...
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Well when I think of it, it wouldn´t make sence to ban them over something that happened off the pitch.

Paddy
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion