You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Oliver Kahn

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Mirage » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:23 pm

Lol, no I wouldn't dare make Kahn mad.
Its ok, it sounds like they were all just tired, I don't think there's any bad feeling there :/
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Mirage wrote:Lol, no I wouldn't dare make Kahn mad.
Its ok, it sounds like they were all just tired, I don't think there's any bad feeling there :/

I agree that there was no bad feeling there but it did show the frustration that is going through these players. I guess they needed this incident to wake them up.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:29 pm

Deisler and Kahn... Deisler's tiny compared to Olly!

maybe van buyten vs kahn, there's a fight worth watching!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Marko » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Kahn was always and still is main man! He is a living legend! 8)
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Mirage » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:14 pm

kevh26 wrote:Deisler and Kahn... Deisler's tiny compared to Olly!

maybe van buyten vs kahn, there's a fight worth watching!

XD Van Buyten is pretty huge, and I love his hair...
Kahn is a legend ^^ for sure.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Oliver Kahn

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:15 pm

There has never been a goalkeeper like him the past decade.
He is the heart of the team and of course the "titan"

have a look at that video and comment please. =)[/youtube]
Last edited by Schweini_rules on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 pm

It was a nice video. I really enjoyed the scene where he looked like he was drunk. :lol: The only thing I was not fond of was the music. I'm not into techo music but otherwise the montage was great.

After seeing the video, I think I need to start making some montages of the team. I used to do it for figure skating but I haven't done one in a while. I guess I need to start back up after watching that clip.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:06 pm

The video was great, thanks for posting it. Kahn is the man, I thought the music was awsome too. Maybe we should open a topic with Bayern players videos from youtube or other website.
FC Bajern

Kahn Considers early Retirement

Postby kevh26 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 pm

From Sky Sports News:

Bayern Munich captain Oliver Kahn says he may retire from football, should the club win this season's UEFA Champions League.

The 37-year-old, whose contract expires in 2008, is in line to hang up his gloves at the end of next season.

However, the former Germany number one may consider ending his playing career in May, should the Bavarians triumph again in Europe.

"If we were to win the Champions League this season, it's quite possible I'll retire on the spot," Kahn told German television.

"I want to try to quit at the top, I want to have the feeling of being at the peak.

"I definitely don't want to hang on to the point where people are saying: 'Send that old guy home'."

Bayern face a difficult task in trying to reach next May's final in Athens, with Spanish giants Real Madrid their opponents in the round of 16 in the New Year.

[/b]
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:38 pm

We can do it this year , with a little bit of luck and self confidence we can win the Champions League again . :)
Kahn is the man for that !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:25 pm

it would be a great retirement for kahn if we'll win Champions League :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Kahn: Germany would have won the WC with me.

Postby tracylynn » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:33 pm

Kahn: It's only logical, Germany would have won the World Cup with me.

Former German international goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, relegated to the bench during the 2006 World Cup, has insisted it was only logical that they would have been world champions if he had been in goal.

With Jens Lehmann in goal hosts Germany finished third in the competition after being knocked out in the semi-finals by eventual champions Italy.

But 37-year old Kahn believes that logically he should have been first choice keeper.

"I'm not criticizing what Jens Lehmann did, but with me Germany would have been world champions," Kahn, 37, told weekly magazine Stern.

"In 1994 with Karlsruhe I reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup but two years later I won this trophy with Bayern Munich," he explained.

"In 1999, I lost the Champions League final in the harshest circumstances (losing 2-1 to Manchester United in stoppage time) before winning this competition two years later.

"Finally I lost the 2002 World Cup final (against Brazil).

"This logic, and I really believe in the law of series, should have continued at the 2006 World Cup," said Kahn.

Kahn, who is under contract with Bayern Munich until 2008, said that he had tried to explain his theory to World Cup coach Jurgen Klinsmann before the competition but 'he didn't understand or didn't want to understand.'

"I told him 'I don't understand why you won't admit that I'm right'," he added.

Germany previously won the World Cup in 1974 and 1990.

GOLTV, 22-12-2006

I'm not sure if I agree with Kahn on this. I'm not saying that they would have won with him but I think the whole cycle/series explanation does not hold true all the time. Firstly, the World Cup is a 4 year cycle and he won the previous title two years laters and not 4 years later. Also, cycles/series tend to get broken and don't hold true.

As much as I like Kahn, sometimes I think he's a little too conceited. I think he's still having a hard time accepting the fact that he did not start.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:51 am

pfff
come on..
i think lehmann played well. its not lehmann's fault that Germany didn't win WC
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby yoanna » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:24 pm

so this is how you choose players to your team before an important game, based on 'law of series'.
how arrogant can you get... well, he's done his math.
still love him though. logically.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:31 pm

It's sad that we get to see the dark side of Kahn again. Clearly, he is wrong. Lehmann wasn't really at fault in any of the goals that Germany conceded. True, he might have communicated better with his defence and got them to close down the holes.

If Kahn had joined this forum and wrote that, I'd give him a bad reputation point for that! :mrgreen:
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion