You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Oliver Kahn

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Duncan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:30 am

tracylynn wrote:
Boy, we really got off topic here haven't we?

You really wanna talk about King Kahn? :o
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Duncan wrote:You really wanna talk about King Kahn? :o

Not unless it's very, very important.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:55 pm

hahaha :D
Rensing is better :wink:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Schweini_rules wrote:hahaha :D
Rensing is better :wink:

As a man or goalkeeper? :idea:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:00 pm

whatever happened to wessels, I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing?
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Yeah me too! but I guess Bayern sold him :roll:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Rensing as a goalkeeper LOL
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Duncan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:44 pm

tracylynn wrote:Not unless it's very, very important.

Then we talk again when he is retiring :D

whatever happened to wessels, I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing?

Who said that? Is a solid keeper who plays for Cologne since some years
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Schweini_rules wrote:Rensing as a goalkeeper LOL

Aha!! well, Rensing is talented.. but Kahn used to be great too! 8-[
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:48 pm

Duncan wrote:
tracylynn wrote:
I'm only married to Bayern and I can honestly say that our marriage is excellent. :D :lol:

Polygamy is not allowed here, so the FC Bayern is all mine 8)

I've just watched a tvshow about polygamy, BIG LOVE, season one. The family in the show contain one husband, three wives and seven children. I'm waiting for season two in June.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:01 pm

SweetLeisha wrote:
Duncan wrote:
tracylynn wrote:
I'm only married to Bayern and I can honestly say that our marriage is excellent. :D :lol:

Polygamy is not allowed here, so the FC Bayern is all mine 8)

I've just watched a tvshow about polygamy, BIG LOVE, season one. The family in the show contain one husband, three wives and seven children. I'm waiting for season two in June.

I`ve never heard of it! :idea:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Duncan wrote:

Who said that? Is a solid keeper who plays for Cologne since some years

but he never fulfilled all of the potential he supposedly had, he was supposed to be a future national number 1... star of the bundesliga (well in goal keeping terms) he was always bigged up by the board, dreher, kahn and schlosser!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I`ve never heard of it! :idea:

No wonder,

you live above the sky.....
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Sat May 05, 2007 6:56 pm

"It seems to me that if he's not playing, he's not bothered going to the stadium. To me, this is untolerable attitude. In my opinion, the management should fine any player (with a week's pay) who doesn't go to the stadium every single match, unless they have a valid excuse. If they're not chosen in the squad, they should be in the stands. I'm sure Kahn would have been chosen in the squad if Hitzfeld got it his way." - MUTU's comment from another thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to talk about this here in this thread because it seems like a more appropriate place to talk more about it.

IMO, I think Bayern are scared of Kahn and they let him have his way, and I think that is part of the problem. Instead of telling him that this is a team sport and you need to show that you're behind the team, they just let him go on his way and do whatever he wants. It's like they are scared of him.

Also, I think Kahn's problem is that he has been placed on a pedestal by fans, the team, and the media, and it has gone straight to his head. He can basically do what he wants and there are no consequences for any of his actions. The problem is that his attitude of sporting only when he plays does have a consequence.... it rubs off onto the other players. If players know that so and so doesn't have to support the team, whether on the bench and so forth, then why should they show support? Why are they forced to do it while someone else doesn't have to? It's not fair.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kahn. I'm just not going to put him, or any athlete for that matter, on a pedestal. This is a team sport and the team needs solidarity. You can't just talk it and then not show it, and I think that is the problem.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Sat May 05, 2007 8:23 pm

tracylynn wrote:"It seems to me that if he's not playing, he's not bothered going to the stadium. To me, this is untolerable attitude. In my opinion, the management should fine any player (with a week's pay) who doesn't go to the stadium every single match, unless they have a valid excuse. If they're not chosen in the squad, they should be in the stands. I'm sure Kahn would have been chosen in the squad if Hitzfeld got it his way." - MUTU's comment from another thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to talk about this here in this thread because it seems like a more appropriate place to talk more about it.

IMO, I think Bayern are scared of Kahn and they let him have his way, and I think that is part of the problem. Instead of telling him that this is a team sport and you need to show that you're behind the team, they just let him go on his way and do whatever he wants. It's like they are scared of him.

Also, I think Kahn's problem is that he has been placed on a pedestal by fans, the team, and the media, and it has gone straight to his head. He can basically do what he wants and there are no consequences for any of his actions. The problem is that his attitude of sporting only when he plays does have a consequence.... it rubs off onto the other players. If players know that so and so doesn't have to support the team, whether on the bench and so forth, then why should they show support? Why are they forced to do it while someone else doesn't have to? It's not fair.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kahn. I'm just not going to put him, or any athlete for that matter, on a pedestal. This is a team sport and the team needs solidarity. You can't just talk it and then not show it, and I think that is the problem.

While I do agree with you I think players know that Kahn is the most passionate player on the pitch and gives his all in every game. I don´t think he is needed this season anymore tho.Why do you fear what other players think most of them will get sack anyway....and yeah I think when Magath was in Bayern Kahn had a bigger authority than him...I don´t think it´s the same now....why shoul Beckenbauer fear him?
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion