You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Miroslav Klose

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:13 am

Werder Bremen's German international striker Miroslav Klose held talks with out of form defending Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich according to local media.

The 28-year-old Polish-born marksman - leading scorer at last year's World Cup finals - apparently met with Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld and general manager Uli Hoeness.

However, Bayern Munich refused to confirm the Bild report with their spokesman claiming it was mere speculation.

Nevertheless the Bavarian powerhouses have made no secret of their admiration for Klose, who was also the leading scorer in the 2005/06 domestic season.

"It is no secret that I have a lot of respect for Klose," said Hitzfeld recently.

"He is an outstanding striker and he has everything in his game to help out Bayern," added Hitzfeld, who returned to the helm after Felix Magath was sacked in January.

While Hitzfeld's return marked a slight upturn in their fortunes Bayern will still end the season without a trophy - they are nine points adrift of leaders Schalke 04 - and are in danger of missing out on the Champions League next term.

Klose, who ended a long goal drought when he scored twice earlier this month in the second leg of their UEFA Cup quarter-final with AZ Alkmaar, is under contract at Bremen till 2008, though, the board has indicated they would let him go.

He has indicated his preference would be to move abroad with AC Milan apparently interested.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:52 am

I still can't see it happening :P
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Bremen braced for Klose exit

Postby charger256 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:06 am

Werder Bremen have insisted they would be able to handle Miroslav Klose's exit, amid mounting speculation linking him with a move to Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich.

Klose, who has one year left on his contract at the Weserstadion, has been linked with a host of Europe's top clubs.

Bremen are expected to cash in on the striker this summer and reports in Germany suggest Bayern are closing in on his signature.

Klose has refused to comment on reports that he held a secret meeting with Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness and coach Ottmar Hitzfeld on Tuesday.

But Hoeness recently remarked: "We will get a player, around whom many will envy us."

And Bremen director of sport Klaus Allofs has now revealed his club are braced for Klose's possible departure.

"It would not be a sensation if Miro leaves us," Allofs told Bild.

"That would not throw us from the course."

Although Bayern are frontrunners, another option for Klose is a move to Barcelona.

The German has previously stated that he would like to go abroad if he ever decided to leave Bremen, and Barca are understood to be monitoring his progress closely.

Bremen are in the Catalan city for Thursday's Uefa Cup semi-final with Espanyol and president Juren Ludger Born is aware of Barcelona's interest.

"There has been no official contact, but we are conscious of the interest," Born said on Catalunya Radio.

"Economically we have no need to sell him because the club is on a very sound footing."
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:36 am

German Bundesliga powerhouse Werder Bremen said Thursday that it would not let World Cup top scorer Miroslav Klose to transfer to rivals Bayern Munich.

Bremen president Juergen Born and sports director Klaus Allofs ruled out a transfer within Germany but repeated that Klose could get out of his contract until 2008 if he has an offer from a foreign club.

"This position has not changed," Born said before Bremen takes on Espanyol Barcelona later Thursday in UEEA Cup semi-final.

Earlier Thursday, German media reported that Klose met with Munich coach Ottmar Hitsfeld and general manager Uli Hoeness on Tuesday night in Hanover, while Spanish media said that he was set join Barcelona.

"There is a contract with Miroslav Klose until 2008 and we have received no offer, neither from Munich nor from Barcelona," said Born.

Munich would reportedly offer 15 million euros (20.5 million U.S. dollars) to get Klose out of his Bremen contract, while Bremen are reported to want 20 million euros for their best striker.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby diegis » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:41 am

MUTU wrote:Munich would reportedly offer 15 million euros (20.5 million U.S. dollars) to get Klose out of his Bremen contract, while Bremen are reported to want 20 million euros for their best striker.

:shock: 15mil and Werder didnt accept..
i dont think think someone will pay 20mil for him
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:17 am

yesterdays match showed me again why I don't want him, but I'm not in charge :cry:
Last edited by Duncan on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:34 am

What did he do? I only started watching mid-way through the second half, and after a while he got subbed out, so I hardly saw him do anything.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Doing nothing, being totally invisible, negative body language ...
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby alex » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:11 pm

It's obviously very tough to get Klose for next term as Werder seem determined to block any move within Germany.

Code: Select all
Miroslav Klose has apologised to his club Werder Bremen for meeting with Bayern Munich earlier this week.

The in-demand German international has admitted that he did meet with Bayern executives.

Klose has now made a public apology to the club and its fans.

"The meeting with Bayern was only an informational conversation and not a contract negotiation," he told German sports agency SID.

"It only lasted 20 minutes but the timing was obviously unfortunate.

"I want to apologise to Werder and all the fans. I should have told the coach and manager about it."

Sporting director Klaus Allofs said the club had accepted Klose's explanation.

"We accept the apology but make it clear a transfer inside Germany before June 30, 2008 is not possible," said Allofs.

I believe we're in for a loooooooooooooong summer with speculations, definitely beating the transfer saga of Roy Makaay. 8)
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby soccerkyle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 am

The whole team was invisible exept for Diego in the first half in that UEFA cup game
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:28 am

soccerkyle wrote:The whole team was invisible exept for Diego in the first half in that UEFA cup game

nope
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:48 am

Werder Bremen's top striker Miroslav Klose on Friday apologised to his club for holding talks with directors from Bayern Munich.

"The meeting with Bayern was purely informal and didn't involve negotiating a contract," the 28-year-old Polish-born marksman - leading scorer at last year's World Cup finals, said.

Klose's explanation followed talks with Werder's general manager, Klaus Allofs, who had summoned the player to explain Thursday's report in Bild which claimed he had met Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld and general manager Uli Hoeness.

Klose added: "The meeting only lasted 20 minutes, but it was inappropiate - that's why I've apologised to the directors and supporters of Werder.

"I should have told the coach and manager about it."

Allofs said Klose's version of events had been accepted.

"But we explained clearly to him that while he's under contract with Bremen (until June 2008) he cannot join another German club," warned Allofs.

Before holding clear the air talks with his star asset Allofs had insisted: "He's going to need to explain this, I want to speak to the player and his agent urgently.

"I really want to know what happened with Bayern."

Klose, who ended a long goal drought when he scored twice earlier this month in the second leg of their UEFA Cup quarter-final with AZ Alkmaar, has indicated his preference would be to move abroad with AC Milan apparently interested.

According to his club there is a gentleman's agreement in place that he won't approach any other Bundesliga clubs.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Afterwards the club issued a statement quoting Klose as saying
that the meeting had simply been an informative one. "It was not a
meeting to discuss a contract. It took just 20 minutes but the timing
was obviously bad. For that I want to apologize to the club and all
fans. I should have informed the coach and manager in advance."

Allofs said they had accepted Klose's apology. "But we also told
him that a move within Germany at the end of this season is not a
possibility as he still has a contract till 2008."

Bremen have a chance on Sunday to go first in the Bundesliga with
a victory at Arminia Bielefeld after log leaders Schalke 04 lost 2-1
at VfL Bochum. Schalke have 62 points, while Bremen have 60.

Klose said he knew that he could be benched for the game against
Bielefeld. "If the coach makes changes, he is right," he said, adding
however, that all players had played poorly against Espanyol.

He also said that would understand it if fans booed him in the
match against Bielefeld. "I need to accept that. But they will see
that I will give everything for the club."
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Bayern in hot water over Klose approach

Postby tracylynn » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:30 pm

04-29-2007
Bayern in hot water over Klose approach

Bayern Munich must explain their actions to the German Fooball Federation (DFB) over allegations they made an illegal approach to Werder Bremen striker Miroslav Klose, it was revealed on Sunday.

Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld and general manager Uli Hoeness met with Klose, top-scorer at last year's World Cup, and his agent in a Hanover hotel last week without Bremen's permission.

Klose, 28, is under contract until June 2008, but, according to DFB regulations, a player can only be approached in the last six months of his contract if his employer is informed.

'We are going to ask both clubs to exchange their versions of events before we discuss the matter with them,' said former German international and DFB managing director Holger Hieronymus.

The meeting between Klose and Bayern only came to light after it was exposed in the German press, forcing the 67-times capped Klose to aplogise to Bremen officials.

The player insists the meeting was 'purely informal', but has strained both relations with his current employers and those between Bremen and Bayern.

Bayern are likely to be disciplined if found guilty of improper behaviour.

Klose, who scored five goals last summer to claim the World Cup's golden boot, has been the target for several big European clubs including Juventus and Barcelona.

BERLIN (AFP) © 2007 AFP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:58 pm

Klose was spotted meeting with Bayern officials last week, sparking speculation he was poised to move to the Allianz Arena at the end of the season.

And although Klose could still leave the Weser Stadion next month - his contract expires in June 2008 - Allofs insists he will not be allowed to join one of Bremen's Bundesliga rivals.

"He will not join Bayern Munich," Allofs told PA Sport after Bremen's title challenge stumbled following a 3-2 defeat at Arminia Bielefeld on Sunday afternoon.

"And he will not join any other club in Germany as he is under contract until 2008."

Allofs also revealed he planned to investigate why Klose was meeting with Bayern officials just two days before Bremen's UEFA Cup semi-final first leg at Espanyol, a match the Germans lost 3-0.

"There will be many opportunities to speak to them and I am curious to hear what they say," he stated.

"But for us it was more important to speak with Miroslav. We've done that so that's fine."

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been mentioned as possible destinations for Klose, who scored the first and set up the second goal for his side in the loss at Bielefeld.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion