You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Michael Reschke

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Michael Reschke

Postby Bazi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:54 am

Here's the news & discussion thread for our newly appointed technical director Michael Reschke!

The 57-year old Michael Reschke has been working at Bayer Leverkusen for astounding 35 years and was the right-hand man of Rudi Völler for pretty much a decade. Many experts and close observers of the Bundesliga believe that he's the architect of this successful Leverkusen era after the big-spending sprees of Reiner Calmund came to a disastrous end in 2004.

Reschke is a known expert for South-America, South-Europa and youth scouting in general. His proven track record of successful and cheap signings is almost endless. He also developed several loan and buy-back models from which Leverkusen benefited greatly in the past, a field of expertise we definitely need improvement in (Hummels, Can).

Furthermore he's also known as a ruthless and cunning contract and transfer negotiator which was essential to keeping Leverkusen competitive during a time where the mother company Bayer cut down the financial support of the football club significantly. Matthias Sammer doesn't seem to have much fun bartering over salaries, at least that's my impression, so Reschke should be the ideal guy alongside Dreesen to take over those responsibilities. It is expected that Reschke and Sammer will work together very closely and to be quite frank, Reschke has the much better track record and more experience than summer at club level, so Matthes should be able to benefit from this signing a great deal.

What we got here is a guy with the necessary track record, expertise and character to become Director of Football anywhere in the Bundesliga. The only thing he lacks is a public profile which is why his partnership with Matthias Sammer should be perfect. Reschke doesn't have to stick his face into the cameras with such a strong and public face at his side. Meanwhile Reschke can do a lot of the leg-work for Sammer.

I think this is a brilliant signing in the wake of Uli Hoeneß departure from the club. We might even be better off now, because Hoeneß was many things, but not a very good scout. ;)
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re: Michael Reschke (Technical Director)

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 am

Sounds good. Who does he replace?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Uli could invite players for "the chat" though!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Bazi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Sounds good. Who does he replace?

Technically he doesn't replace anybody.

He was signed to finally improve our lacking youth program which Sammer couldn't advance fast enough with all his other responsibilities. I assume he was also signed as a contract and transfer negotiator, because Uli Hoeneß often took over talks about money. He was very good with that, remember Michael Ballack? He didn't visit Hoeneß at his home because he feared our former president would sweet-talk him into signing a new contract.

So I'd say Reschke is a replacement for Hoeneß in some ways, and an addition in other departments where we were still lacking. Like youth scouting, development and further expertise on the transfer market. Especially South-America which we gave up on after the Breno disaster.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AdepT » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Bazi wrote:So I'd say Reschke is a replacement for Hoeneß in some ways, and an addition in other departments where we were still lacking. Like youth scouting, development and further expertise on the transfer market. Especially South-America which we gave up on after the Breno disaster.

I'd say he's a part replacement for Sammer because he's going to see much of his side work.
Sammer probably will move into some time soon.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Re: Michael Reschke

Postby tflags » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:58 am

"What's his name, Reschke?"
- The Kaiser. 6/6/2014
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Shan-E-Rehman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Apparently it has been reported by Bild that he was seen rushing to the airport.. To sign a replacement for Javi maybe?
Shan-E-Rehman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby JANCKER » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm curious to know the destination.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Shan-E-Rehman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Me too.. I hope they get Godin :D
Shan-E-Rehman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Shan-E-Rehman wrote:Apparently it has been reported by Bild that he was seen rushing to the airport.. To sign a replacement for Javi maybe?

I don't believe it, checked bild.de and there is not a single mention on the complete site about it..
Ottomeister13

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:
Shan-E-Rehman wrote:Apparently it has been reported by Bild that he was seen rushing to the airport.. To sign a replacement for Javi maybe?

I don't believe it, checked bild.de and there is not a single mention on the complete site about it..

[url]
https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... .bild.html[/url]
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Thats a very weird article, because at the official bild.de site is nothing about it. I can make up rumors aswell and make up an article with very bad translation.
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Thats a very weird article, because at the official bild.de site is nothing about it. I can make up rumors aswell and make up an article with very bad translation.

Isn't this the article on the official site?

It says that it will be Benatia, Savic, or Agger.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Shan-E-Rehman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:Thats a very weird article, because at the official bild.de site is nothing about it. I can make up rumors aswell and make up an article with very bad translation.

Isn't this the article on the official site?

It says that it will be Benatia, Savic, or Agger.

The first line in that article says that about Reschke leaving for the airport
Shan-E-Rehman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:36 am

Didn't we lose that video coach to Neverkusen and he'll be assistant coach there.

I hope he brings someone because I'm preparing myself if ever we don't.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion