You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Michael Reschke

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Michael Reschke

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:14 pm

That video dude was Kornetzka ;)

Anyway, last night it wasnt up on bild.de, but now it was in the paper aswell.. Normally Bild is Always one of the first to report something like this on their site.
Ottomeister13

Postby Badger » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:05 am

Bazi wrote:Here's the news & discussion thread for our newly appointed technical director Michael Reschke!

The 57-year old Michael Reschke has been working at Bayer Leverkusen for astounding 35 years and was the right-hand man of Rudi Völler for pretty much a decade. Many experts and close observers of the Bundesliga believe that he's the architect of this successful Leverkusen era after the big-spending sprees of Reiner Calmund came to a disastrous end in 2004.

Reschke is a known expert for South-America, South-Europa and youth scouting in general. His proven track record of successful and cheap signings is almost endless. He also developed several loan and buy-back models from which Leverkusen benefited greatly in the past, a field of expertise we definitely need improvement in (Hummels, Can).

Furthermore he's also known as a ruthless and cunning contract and transfer negotiator which was essential to keeping Leverkusen competitive during a time where the mother company Bayer cut down the financial support of the football club significantly. Matthias Sammer doesn't seem to have much fun bartering over salaries, at least that's my impression, so Reschke should be the ideal guy alongside Dreesen to take over those responsibilities. It is expected that Reschke and Sammer will work together very closely and to be quite frank, Reschke has the much better track record and more experience than summer at club level, so Matthes should be able to benefit from this signing a great deal.

What we got here is a guy with the necessary track record, expertise and character to become Director of Football anywhere in the Bundesliga. The only thing he lacks is a public profile which is why his partnership with Matthias Sammer should be perfect. Reschke doesn't have to stick his face into the cameras with such a strong and public face at his side. Meanwhile Reschke can do a lot of the leg-work for Sammer.

I think this is a brilliant signing in the wake of Uli Hoeneß departure from the club. We might even be better off now, because Hoeneß was many things, but not a very good scout. ;)

Only now seeing this post. Thanks for the informative overview of Reschke. I must confess that I had never heard of him, or at least had never taken any notice of the name, before he came to Bayern.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby bastos80 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Spoiler: show
W. Sabatini
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm

This man deserves all the praise. Must have dropped his pants and shown his cojones to Sabitini.

Sabatini: "We'll only consider 60M bids."
Reschke: "Here's 26M and if he turns out good, we'll give you 4M more."

:coffee:

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 pm

From all we know nobody offered more than us for Benatia. Man City was rumored to have offered 24M, and if that's the only offer that came from them, something stinks there, and they were willing to pay 40M for Mangala.
Chelsea was rumored to have offered 37.5M and their offer was refused, that rumor was denied by Mourinho.
There was interest from Man UTD, I don't know what were they willing to pay, but since the player probably wanted CL, they can't be considered a real threat.
We were the only team after him according to what credible media's reported these days.
If we didn't break any record to sign him, I'd call it a great bargain as you're claiming. But as a fan I was OK with spending up to 30M for a defender, and that far we went, to me is OK even spending 100M for a player for all I care, that's not my money, but there's more than an angle to it.
If not anything else, we got what we needed, good job Reschke.
Sabatini collected another 30M, doubled his investment in just a year, deserves credits cause he has an eye for bargains. Let's not forget football is business too.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Both has done their jobs for their clubs. We bought the best available CB at a good price while Roma sold him for a good profit and bought a replacement. We bought a highly rated CB, meanwhile Roma replaced him with a younger player with CL experience. Only way to determine who did the better deal would be at the end of the season.

Sabatini probably thought since he sold Marquinhos for 30M and Benatia is twice the defender that kid is, he'll easily get 50M like Luiz. Too bad this is FFP year and the oil clubs are wary to spend money.

Managala's deal has been done before the WC. Chelsea I believe can't move for him anymore because they reached the foreigners' limit or something.

Let's not forget Roma was stalling us and was very adamant to sell below their asking price. They thought a rich club would meet their 60M demands or have a bidding war. Barca preferred the easier option. No other CL club can realistically buy him at this point and Roma was stuck to negotiating with us.

We persisted and has been linked as early as March to Benatia. We didn't intensify the talks until we actually needed him.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Bazi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Just look at United how you don't negotiate. Ancelotti announces di Maria's departure, United is the only interested club with the necessary money and FFP budget, but they still end up paying € 75M or more.

Being the only interested party doesn't give you a free ride during transfer negotiations. So far the signature of Reschke seems to have been quite the coup.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:34 pm

runaway wrote:Sabatini probably thought since he sold Marquinhos for 30M and Benatia is twice the defender that kid is, he'll easily get 50M like Luiz. Too bad this is FFP year and the oil clubs are wary to spend money.

Managala's deal has been done before the WC. Chelsea I believe can't move for him anymore because they reached the foreigners' limit or something.

Let's not forget Roma was stalling us and was very adamant to sell below their asking price. They thought a rich club would meet their 60M demands or have a bidding war. Barca preferred the easier option. No other CL club can realistically buy him at this point and Roma was stuck to negotiating with us.

We persisted and has been linked as early as March to Benatia. We didn't intensify the talks until we actually needed him.

Both has done their jobs for their clubs. We bought the best available CB at a good price while Roma sold him for a good profit and bought a replacement.

via Tapatalk

I agree. I believe we succeeded to lower Roma's demands by 5M, cause it was rumored that Roma would be willing to let him go for around 35M. But IMO a part played Benatia's late relations with the club and teammates, which meant there's no future for him in Rome anymore and he has to be sold before they make an auction next year to the Sheikhs, and that gave Bayern some good cards over Benatia future.
30M is better than never, but I mean we could've got him when he was 13M, someone is not doing the homework or we're after 'names'.
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:13 am

Bazi wrote:Just look at United how you don't negotiate. Ancelotti announces di Maria's departure, United is the only interested club with the necessary money and FFP budget, but they still end up paying € 75M or more.

Being the only interested party doesn't give you a free ride during transfer negotiations. So far the signature of Reschke seems to have been quite the coup.

They were the ones who offered the most and satisfied their demands. They had no rush in releasing him without getting what they wanted, cause he probably would've end up at PSG next year. He was MOTM in the CL final, needs a consolation price if not only to cover some of their late expenses. They've been letting go players with 0 parameters for too long, that had to change and they saw a good opportunity with Di Maria and be in the other end for once(receiving big money). They know it's a gamble to let him go, now at least they'll have a good alibi in money.
The story of RM and Roma are two different stories, Roma is a club that sells their players as soon as they reach popularity, it's not that hard to dispossess them from their players. Roma knows about the 'money alibi' more than most of the clubs out there, they'll be fine without him.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby dambun » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:26 am

It seems we have got ourselves one giant of negotiator...!!
If only he proves to be just as good in loan deals for our younger players.... [-o<
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby runaway » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Best summer signing. As mentioned in Alonso thread by Badger, this is probably the best transfer window we had. A combo of young promising players and veterans.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:44 pm

I wish someone could translate this interview in english, Reschke seems to explain our youth policy for the next years.

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/reschk ... 33271.html
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

„Ausleihen ist kein Prinzip bei uns, sondern immer eine Einzelfallentscheidung. Wir wägen sehr sorgfältig ab, was für einen jungen Spieler gerade Sinn macht. Für Pierre Emile Höjbjerg beispielsweise ist der FC Augsburg eine sehr, sehr gute Lösung. Aber dahinter steckt kein Prinzip a la FC Chelsea“, sagte der Technische Direktor Michael Reschke im SID-Interview.

He says that Bayern's youth loan policy is not gonna become a principle and certainly won't be similar to Chelsea's policy of buying young talents and then loaning the latter.

Reschke said that Hojbjerg's example of loan is a good solution for both club and player. All in club believe in Hojbjerg's quality and that he's gonna have alot of playing time in Augsburg to find a rhythm and thereby everyone to benefit of that.

In article is also mentioned that youth setup is always essential and what we all already know, they will move to its own training center.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks comrade !
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion