You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Michael Rensing

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Michael Rensing

Postby andresdonado15 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm

What do you think about michael, is he really the kahn's succesor?
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:20 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Michael Rensing

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

Rensing has some back problems and will not be on the bench for today's cup match against Wuppertaler, but should hopefully be back in contention for Friday's league match against Hansa Rostock.

Injury list updated.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Should Bayern stick with Rensing?

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:45 pm

Since Oliver Kahn is retiring after this Bundesliga season, who do you think should be between the sticks for Bayern. Now they do have michael Rensing and he has the talent to be good but will Klinsmon have the patients? I think they should pick up a new keeper during the summer......what do you think?
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:26 am

They should sign someone else with more experience. Rensing definitely has talent but he has looked awfully inexperienced in some games e.g. Anderlecht game (Kahn would've never conceded that second goal)...at the same time I hope Rensing can get some more playing time...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby tracylynn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:01 am

Yes. It's not his fault that Kahn didn't retire earlier. It's hard to get playing time when the number one keeper is Oliver Kahn. Rensing might have had a bad game against Anderlecht, then again who didn't have a bad game in that game, but when he has played he has done a good job and Bayern has either won or drew in those games. Once he starts getting that playing time, his inexperiences will fade away and become a better keeper compare to now. If Bayern are not going to give him the starting position then shame on Bayern for telling him that he would get it.

BTW...Bayern will get a keeper this summer because they have to. They have no choice to get a keeper because of Kahn's retirement.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:06 am

I would like to see Bayern go for Manuel Neuer, because i think he will be the best german keeper once he matures a bit.
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:56 am

Is Dreher going to 'retire' from being the third goalkeeper for Bayern. I hope so because he's way too old to continue as a reserve. And then I assume that Kraft will become second goalkeeper unless Bayern buys another keeper.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Bayern WILL get a keeper this summer, they need someone with both Kahn and Dreher retiring. The thing is Uli said that they're looking for someone "with experience who doesn't mind being second to Rensing." That's going to be tough to find. I like Rensing and think he deserves the chance to be no. 1, but at the same time I don't know how good of an "experienced backup" we can get. Boruc is too good to be a backup IMO, so I really have no idea what's going to happen.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Huggseybear31 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:58 am

walter wrote:They should sign someone else with more experience. Rensing definitely has talent but he has looked awfully inexperienced in some games e.g. Anderlecht game (Kahn would've never conceded that second goal)...at the same time I hope Rensing can get some more playing time...

WE HAVE NEVER LOST WITH RENSING IN NET TILL THIS DAY!!!!!!!

i think rensing is good but bayern is a now team they need a keeper who will come up big when they play top talent

Manuel Neuer is sick he would be sweet to have in net

BUT

RENE ADLER IS THE REAL DEAL

after watching him today there is no doubt he will be the starting german keeper in 2 to 3 years ths guy has amazing talent he really is class
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby mattie » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:48 pm

Bayern have stated they will trust Rensing other season , why they dont buy a new keeper know just the Coachs nd bla bla they watch them every day nd kahn said only rensing can replace him

LOVE KAHN THE LEGEND my idol :D
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:19 pm

So basically what some folks are saying is that since Rensing does not have the experience due to no fault of his own, Bayern definitely needs to get a new keeper with more experience? How interesting. So, I guess since Lukas has not really proven anything in the two years he has been at Bayern then Bayen should get another, more experience striker this year to replace him? See how the tables were turned on this topic?

Personally, I think Rensing will do a good job once he takes control. There may be other keepers out there who are better at this moment but once he takes control then whose to say that he will not be in that top tier of keepers?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Rensing deserves at LEAST half a season as first-choice keeper. He's definitely got the skills, he pulls some nasty saves. He just needs to learn to concentrate for the whole 90+. That's my only criticism of him, all the goals he concedes seem to be long range/speculative and he gets caught. But that's inexperience, the force is strong with this one and he will learn! (Sorry for the cheesy Star Wars line, but it's true!)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:42 pm

(Sorry for the cheesy Star Wars line, but it's true!)

LOL :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Kemo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:24 pm

We should do it the Manchester United way. Get another young keeper of his level of talent. And let them compete for the role.
Kemo
Hey, I'm new here!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion