You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Michael Ballack

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Ballack cannot afford to buy a London home

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Michael Ballack has been left gobsmacked by London housing prices - insisting he can't afford to buy a home despite his £6 million Chelsea salary!

Ballack moved to Stamford Bridge from Bayern Munich on the summer on a lucrative Bosman free transfer.

But The Daily Star says he's told a German newspaper that his huge income still doesn't enable him to get his dream house.

He's believed to have initially set his heart on a six-bedroom home with a pool, either in the capital or near Chelsea's training ground in Cobham, Surrey.

But after being told it would cost him a cool £4million, he settled for renting instead.

He said: "London is extremely expensive. It's better to rent. My family and I have found a house in Wimbledon."

Ballack also complained about the number of speed cameras on British roads.

But he added: "Luckily I have found out where they all are near me."
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:45 pm

and he's going to honour his contract why?????

I'll give him two seasons at chelsea tops!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Ballack cannot afford to buy a London home

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:36 pm

MUTU wrote:Michael Ballack has been left gobsmacked by London housing prices - insisting he can't afford to buy a home despite his £6 million Chelsea salary!

Ballack moved to Stamford Bridge from Bayern Munich on the summer on a lucrative Bosman free transfer.

But The Daily Star says he's told a German newspaper that his huge income still doesn't enable him to get his dream house.

He's believed to have initially set his heart on a six-bedroom home with a pool, either in the capital or near Chelsea's training ground in Cobham, Surrey.

But after being told it would cost him a cool £4million, he settled for renting instead.

He said: "London is extremely expensive. It's better to rent. My family and I have found a house in Wimbledon."

Ballack also complained about the number of speed cameras on British roads.

But he added: "Luckily I have found out where they all are near me."

what does he want?....buckingham palace??? :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:48 pm

He's just proving that all along he left Bayern for the money. Someone who can't afford a house worth 2/3rds of the money he's raking in every year has a big problem. I'm sure he has much more than that in the bank...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:55 pm

XDD
You'd think someone would tell him how expensive London homes are (and houses in England in general. It's really bad at the mo).

He was fined loads the other day too, wasn't he? He must be able to afford that mansion. I can't believe he can't.

I don't think he'll last at Chelsea :/
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby schwarzes » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:59 am

I tot that he wasn't coping well with life in chelsea.adaptation prob.but well, too bad for him that he left bayern
schwarzes
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:24 pm

He's been sent off against Liverpool today. I didn't see what happened though :( Eek.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nessa13 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:07 pm

of corse ballack has more money than that in his bank acount.. hes been playing for a while now! :D
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby BMike86 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:39 pm

nessa13 wrote:of corse ballack has more money than that in his bank acount.. hes been playing for a while now! :D

I have two thoughts on this issue. First off a house that expensive and his age play a factor now. If Ballack buys a house that huge he will have to still pay bills and taxes on it after his career is over. So the bills will eventually add up over time, if he was younger, maybe no worries but he is in his early 30s and maybe has 2-4 years left in him (probably more so around 3 or 4). Plus he is used to his comfy lifestyle of being able to spend money so even though he will be making quite a bit he will be spending some as well. Its just life.

Secondly I never fully liked Ballack's arrival to Bayern anyways. I thought he was good but he wasn't the solution for a midfield general that we needed. When he was a defensive mid coming on the attack he was great (talking about Leverkusen years and first year or so at Bayern). But when he started playing attackin mid that is when the problems came up because then he started playing like a center forward type roll at times. Yes he can use both his feet well but he doesnt like getting rid of the ball and feeding it to someone else. If he left for money so be it. But i think he left because him and management never saw eye to eye. We nearly got rid of him every summer after his first year at Bayern so its not like a big surprise. Bayern doesnt really sell their players, they get their contracts out of them and let them walk, but if they want to stay they will re-sign them with almost no problem
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:51 pm

Ballack's form for Bayern was always a far cry to the form he showed playing for Germany... it was almost Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:12 am

MUTU wrote:Ballack's form for Bayern was always a far cry to the form he showed playing for Germany... it was almost Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

I don't know...But I do believe that Bayern wouldn't have achieved 3 doubles in 4 years if someone else was playing instead of Ballack.
Come on..Be realistic..who would have played for Bayern? Ballack was by far the best player in Bundesliga..
So he deserves respect for what he did at Bayern.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:15 am

I'm not saying he played bad. I'm saying he always played much better for Germany. Just a look at the goals per game ratio confirms what I'm saying.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby wanaminah » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:49 am

What!...can't afford house in London?....He got to be kidding..
wanaminah
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:41 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm not saying he played bad. I'm saying he always played much better for Germany. Just a look at the goals per game ratio confirms what I'm saying.

This could be attributed to the playing styles of the teams.
German team didn't have good goalscorers before and that' why he used to score a hatful of them. Just compare the last 10 german games and the number of goals Ballack scored :)
I believe he was the Bayern's second top scorer in all the seasons he played...wasn't he?
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:44 pm

Here are his stats playing for both Bayern and Germany: http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/ballackmichael/

I know the playing style is a bit different, but as a player who was almost unrecognisable playing for Bayern and Germany.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion