You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Michael Ballack

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby dracus » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:29 pm

draconaut wrote:
supr4king wrote:
draconaut wrote:I think we miss Deisler and Ze roberto more than Ballack! 8)

i agree
we miss ze roberto more than ballack

ze roberto could replace Ballack as a CDM,pity that he left the club!

LCDM
Anyway ze roberto's was an average crap.He was toooooo fantastic for the country and a mediocre performer here.LWM was not for him though
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ballack steps in to help former club Chemnitzer

Postby Paddy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:32 pm

Guardian Unlimited, UK

BERLIN, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Germany captain Michael Ballack has stepped in with a cash gift to help his former club Chemnitzer FC.
Ballack earns a fortune at Premier League champions Chelsea and the 30-year-old will spend a fraction of it to help Chemnitzer take their physiotherapist back on staff after financial problems meant they had to lay him off.
"As my hometown club I owe Chemnitzer a lot," Ballack said in a statement on the club's Web site (www.chemnitzerfc.de). "They had a lot to do with my personal development and I want to give something back."
Ballack, who moved to Chelsea from Bayern Munich last year, joined Chemnitzer in 1986 and made his professional debut for the club in 1995 when they were in the second division. They now play in the multi-region fourth division.
Last year Ballack made a donation of equipment to the club's youth team.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:18 pm

nice gesture on his side. :) but i disagree with him on one account. he doesn't owe them anything.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:27 pm

Ife he feels he does then he does.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:08 pm

That is so sweet of him. :) Some individuals feel that when someone or some organization gives them a break then they feel they need to repay them. Ballack is one individual who feels that he does. I think it's nice that he hasn't forgotten where he came from. People with a lot of money tend to do that.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:15 pm

oh that's so cute. lol. :D If I had the kind of money Ballack has I would definitely do the same thing for my home town team. they are having some tough times now
FC Bajern

Ballack in Last Chance Saloon?

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:34 pm

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/, Monday January 22 2007

It pains me to write this particular article but recent performances suggest it has to be done.

It's very rare that I knock anyone who pulls on the blue shirt of Chelsea. Unfortunately I learned the hard way back in the late eighties after I slagged Joe McLaughlin off for his part in the debacle that was the Blackburn defeat. The game was off course the first we'd played at Stamford Bridge with the terraces shut and was also the first in our memorable promotion season.

Joe, during that game, made an uncharacteristic error and my full wrath was vented in his direction. Little did I know that he'd played knowing one of his family members was seriously ill and was to, sadly, pass away shortly after. He may have made an error but the central defender was so proud to pull on that blue shirt and try his best he didn`t want a personal tradegy to come between him and the chance to represent our club.

A lot of years have passed by since then. I'd like to think I've become older and wiser and that I've managed to curb my youthful aggression and engage my brain before opening my mouth, indeed, I'd like to think I've mellowed quite a lot. Nowadays, I tend to sit back and watch the world go by, taking note of things and storing them in the memory for commenting on at a later date. However, with Chelsea clinging to their title hopes by a thread, the time has come to offer comment on one player in particular, Michael Ballack.

I can recall that night Bayern Munich came to SW6 as if it was yesterday. I can recall the contempt I held Ballack in after he'd tumbled over theatrically to earn Bayern a late penalty, a penalty that would offer them a glimmer of hope in the second leg. Nevertheless, it was an act that I`d have applauded if the boot was on the other foot.

I watched anxiously as Ballack steered the spot kick into the bottom corner with nonchalant ease, despite being an opposition player, he'd caught my eye. There was something different about him, an aura that separated the superstar from those around him. A top notch gun-slinger strutting his stuff in a strange town.

So to say I was delighted when, in the summer, we secured his services is probably an understatement. I ignored the snide comments that he wouldn't be able to play alongside Frank Lampard and I feared for the future of Michael Essien. I truly believed that with Ballack in the side we'd be able to go that extra mile, that we'd be the side to march to glory on the domestic front and be able to eclipse the giants of Europe as we closed in on the Holy Grail.

Well, to be brutally honest I couldn't have been more wrong!

Michael Essien, as we all know, has gone from strength to strength whilst the Chelsea career of Michael Ballack has, to put it mildly, been very disappointing.

Highlights have been very few considering the enormous pay cheque he's receiving every week. Indeed, far from witnessing the performances of a superstar on the pitch we've been treated to displays that, at best, can be described as languid, unadventurous and so laid back the first strains of discontent from the Chelsea support have already been voiced. Far from being the top-notch gunslinger we`d all hoped for, he sadly resembles someone living on past memories.

The air of invincibility that was so apparent whilst he wore the colours of Bayern has been replaced by a tendency to stroll through games, a tendency to waste possession and a tendency to commit a plethora of silly fouls that put our fragile defence under increasing pressure. Strangely, the 'Special One' seems content with his performances and has already described Ballack as one of his untouchables.

Now, in the months to come, that praise may well prove to be the work of a genius and could well go down in the history books as a remarkable piece of man-management but in the immediate future, I can't help but feel that Michael Ballack owes us big-time.

With the vultures of the press perched above Stamford Bridge waiting to pontificate at the merest hint of a crisis, is now not the time for Ballack to produce the goods, to take a game by the scruff of the neck and produce the sort of performance his status dictates he should be able to do?

If not, then I'm sure there will be many more supporters only to willing too openly question his role at Chelsea, his ability to last the pace in English football and also to mock the fact that his weekly wage takes the average Matthew Harding Lower supporter approximately four years to earn.

The football pitch can be a wonderful place when things are going well but in times of adversity, unless you're prepared to dig in and deliver, it can also be the most lonely place in the world. Sort it out Ballack, our patience, whilst being a wonderful virtue, is starting to wear a little thin!

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:12 pm

I always believed Ballack was a big game player. He never really impressed in Bundesliga matches, except for the important ones, but he always did well in the Champions League and the national team.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:26 pm

Franz: Ballack made wrong choice

Transfer window blogBayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer feels Michael Ballack made the wrong decision in joining Chelsea ahead of Manchester United.

Bayern are keen to strengthen their midfield after losing their skipper last summer to Chelsea under the Bosman Ruling.

Ballack continues to be overshadowed by Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge and has yet to win over the Chelsea supporters.

"I believe something has to happen in midfield [in the summer at the latest]," commented Beckenbauer on Bayern's situation.

"We are missing a player like Deco, Diego or Lionel Messi, or a young Mehmet Scholl. We don't have anybody like that.

"I don't see a position for him [Ballack] at Chelsea - the ideal position where he played at Bayern or where he plays in the Germany national team.

"Lampard is too strong and takes his position. You should know that when you sign him.

"He does not fit in at Chelsea.

"He should have gone to Manchester United."

Eurosport - AM - 24/01/2007 19:25
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 pm

He was more than a superstar in Bayern . . he was worshiped like god , but now look at him...disgrace...glad he left Munich. Players should play for the team not the money.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:52 pm

well not like god as Effe and Olli but he was respected...strictly speaking he was bayern and we should admit that, when he was not playing FcB did bad ...
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:23 am

Ballack defends Chelsea decision

Michael Ballack has hit back at Franz Beckenbauer's claims he made a mistake in signing for Chelsea.

Bayern Munich president Beckenbauer said Ballack would have been better suited to Manchester United and would have improved a lot more as a player for the Red Devils.

But Germany captain Ballack has rejected the notion he made an error in moving to the Blues, despite recent media criticism in England.

"I am completely respected and get on well with my team mates, which is all that counts," he said.

"I can only speak for myself. I looked for a new challenge and I have found it here."

The 30-year-old midfielder has failed to make a big impact for the Premiership champions since his free transfer from Bayern, but for Ballack, the move was the correct one.

"For me, it has absolutely been the right decision," he told ARD radio.

Since he's left he has been criticized by everyone. Resentment by the fact that he left? Perhaps. I wished he had never left but if he's happy then that's all the matters.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:01 am

He is living in a dream , he will wake up soon when they will kick him out and he will live in a nightmare then
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:06 pm

I hate him. He betrayed Bayern and now he´s paying for it.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:17 am

02-05-2007
Ballack shrugs off criticism
Germany captain Michael Ballack has hit back at criticism of his form at English Premiership champions Chelsea, saying manager Jose Mourinho was happy with his performances.

'As far as I am concerned, I have integrated well into the team,' Ballack said in an interview with the SID sports news agency.

'I feel very happy, I've found my role in the team and I have had plenty of confirmation of that, above all from my coach, Jose Mourinho, with whom I talk a lot,' the midfielder said Monday.

Ballack, whose reported weekly salary of 130,000 pounds (255,000 dollars) is thought to make him the world's highest-paid player, dismissed the criticism of his lacklustre form in the English press.

'There are a load of tabloid newspapers in England, which always need something to write and it doesn't particularly bother me.'

He did however accept that it was taking him time to adapt to his role in the star-studded Chelsea lineup.

'Naturally, in a team like Chelsea it takes time to perfect your game and play an outstanding role,' Ballack said.

The latest criticism of Ballack came not from England, but closer to home, from Bayern Munich president Frank Beckenbauer, who said he should have opted for Manchester United instead of Chelsea when he left Bayern last year because his teammate, England midfielder Frank Lampard, was 'stronger and takes his position'.

Ballack dismissed the suggestion that he and Lampard were struggling to form an effective partnership.

'He plays his game, I play mine. We have a good understanding.

'Chelsea have been champions for the last two seasons and so expectations are high.

'We are lagging behind a little in the title race and so this (the criticism) is something we have to live with, especially the new signings.'

Ballack said Chelsea knew they could not afford any more 'slip-ups' if they are to make up the six-point gap on United at the top of the Premiership.

'It'll be tough because United are so consistent. But we are still have a home match against them to come.'

Ballack also said he believed that Mourinho would be staying at the club, despite speculation that he has fallen out with billionaire owner Roman Abramovich and could be eyeing a move to Real Madrid.

'Our coach is confronted by new rumours every day. I am sure as my teammates are that he is going to stay at Stamford Bridge.'

Ballack is expected to line up for Germany in a friendly against Switzerland in Dusseldorf on Wednesday.

BERLIN (AFP) © 2007 AFP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion