You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Michael Ballack

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:01 pm

Bundesliga 2002/2003 FC Bayern München Mittelfeld 26 10 7 8 0 0
Bundesliga 2003/2004 FC Bayern München Mittelfeld 28 7 12 10 2 0
Bundesliga 2004/2005 FC Bayern München Mittelfeld 27 13 5 7 0 0
Bundesliga 2005/2006 FC Bayern München Mittelfeld 26 14 4 10 0 0
How are these stats bad for a midfielder?
it's nearly 50 %(41.12 %) strike rate. That's the same as national team(44.44%). You can blame that small difference on the quality of strikers in the German team.
Everybody had very higggggggghhhh expectations on Ballack...dreaming that he would win CL for Bayern. He is not ronaldinho. Even Ronaldinho needed some wonderful players around him to win a CL. But what did Bayern have?
So..we should stop cursing Ballack....he did his best...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Ok, I'll eat my own words :)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nessa13 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:29 am

ballacks a good player ok!!! i love him
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:17 am

MUTU wrote:Ok, I'll eat my own words :)

Don't give up Mark!!!...:) LOL...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:06 pm

i don't reallly care...if he was a center forward i would of been more content with him but not in the middle of our midfield. he was supposed to generate the attacks. not be the entire attack. Sagnol had the most assists last year and they were to Ballack if I am correct. to feed that forehead of his. i don't hate ballack, i just agree he has better performances with the German NT. Which I can't understand because Bayern has some better players than the NT. For example Hargreaves is better than Frings, Demichelis though getting snubbed by Argentina I think is the same level as Frings. Lucio is much better CB than anyone on Germany, Sagnol is the best RB in the world in my opinion with that deadly touch on his crosses. Plus if Deisler was healthy he'd be starting the flanks not whomever. The only advantage is Klose had a much better year that Makaay.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:12 pm

BMike86 wrote: For example Hargreaves is better than Frings, Demichelis though getting snubbed by Argentina I think is the same level as Frings. Lucio is much better CB than anyone on Germany, Sagnol is the best RB in the world in my opinion with that deadly touch on his crosses. Plus if Deisler was healthy he'd be starting the flanks not whomever. The only advantage is Klose had a much better year that Makaay.

Hargreaves and Demichelis much better than Frings?...I really don't think so.
Frings is perfect partner for Ballack. They will both defend and attack...
The problem is Magath's system. He wanted Ballack to score headers and that's why so many assists for Sagnol..
Everybody knows that he was not a playmaker for Bayern. He was just a goal scoring midfielder and he did that job perfectly.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:16 pm

He tries harder playing for Germany I think. A lot of players are like this. Schweinsteiger could be taken as another example... he plays the same game as with Bayern, but if you see his goals per game ratio, then I'm totally positive that his NT ones are much higher. Last season he scored as many goals playing for Bayern as he did playing for Germany, and this season (also counting the match against Portugal since that came AFTER 1st July 2006, which is the time when the season actually started) he's scored double the goals playing for Germany as he did playing for Bayern.

Stats on http://www.bastianschweinsteiger.com/en/profile.php, another of my sites :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:10 pm

MUTU wrote:He tries harder playing for Germany I think. A lot of players are like this. Schweinsteiger could be taken as another example... he plays the same game as with Bayern, but if you see his goals per game ratio, then I'm totally positive that his NT ones are much higher. Last season he scored as many goals playing for Bayern as he did playing for Germany, and this season (also counting the match against Portugal since that came AFTER 1st July 2006, which is the time when the season actually started) he's scored double the goals playing for Germany as he did playing for Bayern.

Stats on http://www.bastianschweinsteiger.com/en/profile.php, another of my sites :)

:)

I won't argue anymore...;)...but shouldn't we consider the number of games too?.....like they play lot fewer games for NT than for the club...isn't that correct?
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:58 pm

Exactly. And considering he's scoring more for the national team when he's playing far more games for Bayern is a bit worrying. What I feel is Schweinsteiger's problem is that he underperforms in matches which aren't high profile. He always played well in the CL and internationally, but not so well in the league as of late...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby wanaminah » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:36 am

ok..Ballack is still the best player..
wanaminah
Getting the hang of it

Rummenigge: "We don't miss Ballack."

Postby tracylynn » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Unlike Sagnol, Rummenigge says that Bayern does not miss Ballack and that he didn't bring anything special to the team.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/bunde ... 7190.shtml

BTW...how do you post the article? I've been trying but I can't do it so that is why I just post the link to the article.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:42 pm

I agree with the boss .
What he says is reality .
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby draconaut » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:13 am

I think we miss Deisler and Ze roberto more than Ballack! 8)
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:21 pm

draconaut wrote:I think we miss Deisler and Ze roberto more than Ballack! 8)

i agree
we miss ze roberto more than ballack
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby draconaut » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:55 am

supr4king wrote:
draconaut wrote:I think we miss Deisler and Ze roberto more than Ballack! 8)

i agree
we miss ze roberto more than ballack

ze roberto could replace Ballack as a CDM,pity that he left the club!
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion