You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mehmet Ekici

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mehmet Ekici

Postby FCB general » Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm

People please, tell me what we can offer Ekici in this current situation where we have Schweini, Kroos & Müller on central midfield positions :?: Schweini plays central midfielder, Müller ofensive, Kroos is their current backup. :?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby München Minded » Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Ekici can play wing as well, while Schweini is mostly a DM/CM and Kroos/Müller look to be used as CAM -- but true that Ekici would end up more of a bench player. I would rather have loaned him out another season to see what he could do, but not sell him.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 pm

München Minded wrote:Ekici can play wing as well, while Schweini is mostly a DM/CM and Kroos/Müller look to be used as CAM -- but true that Ekici would end up more of a bench player. I would rather have loaned him out another season to see what he could do, but not sell him.

Okay... But what about his contract which expires in summer 2012.? You can loan him for one more year, but what would we get with that? Free transfer to Werder? I don't know... :?

We can rate this as good and as bad club decision. In one hand it's legitimate to get a money for this transfer better than lost him without getting any compensation. In other hand, it's bad because he is perspective and very talented player which is a big loss for any team. But in our team, we can only slow down Ekici with our bench. He needs 1st team football to adopt himself on 1st league rhythm. :?

He doesn't see his future clear in Bayern if he has intended position on bench. Same situation has been happened with Kraft this season. We don't have time to give too much space and chances for young players or even sacrifice one Müller, Schweini, Ribery etc. for some talents, club's results not to mention... :) Thats what we must accept. No one wants to warm a bench and wait 'somekind of better days' in Bayern. :? Everyone want their place under the sun.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby dambun » Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks Nerlinger... you are simply brilliant.... :twisted: :twisted:

We'll have the same exact problem with Alaba next summer.... Isn't this marvelous? :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby München Minded » Wed May 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Bayern is looking to make money and only buy established proven stars I guess.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Wed May 18, 2011 9:20 pm

München Minded wrote:Bayern is looking to make money and only buy established proven stars I guess.

Make money????... Bayern invests on like 100 young talents and one becomes like Ekici... and then we sell him for 3-4M....
You call this making money? :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCB general » Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm

München Minded wrote:Bayern is looking to make money and only buy established proven stars I guess.

Yes and no. I think you know why is that so. Sometimes we try with young players, but in most cases it happens that we pay players' unexperience and then we decide once again to back on old paths with experienced and proven stars. Müller got luck to use this big chance which was given from Gaal's side. He use it maximally and today he is where he is, in the first team of Bayern & Elf. :| I wanted Kraft, but Bayern didn't want to wait him. :?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby uzi716 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:29 am

I hope we didn't just let him go like that. There has to be a buy back clause or something.

If this becomes like Hummels 2.0... :evil:
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby es_bih » Thu May 19, 2011 1:57 am

Why not loan the fellow another year, he seemed promising. This could be Hummels 2.0 very well.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 am

What's done is done and it's useless drawing comparisons with Hummels. It's not like Ekici could (currently) improve our starting XI or provide cover in a problem area (we have enough players in his positions). If we got 5 million euros for him, that's half as much as one of this season's very best players in the Bundesliga sold for (Sahin for 10). It's not like it's peanuts considering he's unproven (eg he never played in European competition).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 19, 2011 8:35 am

To be honest I'm not too bothered about this. I guess I never really did like him much. When we promoted Contento, Alaba and Ekici I was excited about Contento and Alaba and always forgot about Ekici. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vijay92 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Can someone lock this thread. Really annoys me that Bayern let go their talented players for cheap
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Fri May 20, 2011 3:24 pm

he's not really that special... we really don't need him... and we cannot expect all of our youth players to become world-class... the case of Hummels is very rare....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby vijay92 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:29 pm

I am not saying he is world class. But he is a good player. Why would you go out and buy squad players for 5 to 8 mil when you have your own youth player. Furthermore 5mil is really cheap. Gundogan who had an ok season was sold for 5mil too but ekici clearly outplayed him this season

Seriously like Kahn said in a recent interview, Bayern lack long term philosophy
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun May 22, 2011 10:32 am

Ekici's transfer and injury threads have been merged into this thread due to his confirmed departure from FC Bayern to Werder Bremen.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion