You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Medhi Benatia [Medhi Amine El Mouttaqi Benatia]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mehdi Benatia [Mehdi Amine El Mouttaqi Benatia]

Postby MUTU » Sun May 04, 2014 10:15 am

According to Il Messaggero, Benatia is asking Roma for a pay increase from his €1.3m net pay to more than double (€2.8m) if he is to remain. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 04, 2014 10:22 am

Well then we can pay him 3!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 am

MoFattal wrote:Well then we can pay him 3!

€3m net pay means €5.45m gross pay in Germany (taxed at the maximum individual tax rate of 45%). Usually in Italy when they talk about salaries they mention the net pay and in Germany the trend is to look at the gross pay. A gross salary of €5.45m is well within Bayern's reach.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Argeta » Sun May 04, 2014 10:45 am

Benatia is an amazing CB. But the thing is in Serie A the game is not so fast paced, so I think he still has to prove himself.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Min » Sun May 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and other great defenders came exactly from Seria A. Benatia is excellent footballer, he would be massive asset to us.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Sun May 04, 2014 9:25 pm

It's clearly that we need a central defender and that we will go out for shopping this summer to buy one! Mehdi Benatia sounds very good and I hope we can get him but he has to prove things and it's not like he is a young talent...
TBH except Hummels,T.Silva,Kompany and Chiellini maybe every CB out there has to prove himself here at Bayern so he can be an undisputed starter and help to improve our defense,I don't see many realistic options for a world class CB coming to Bayern or nothing at all,still though Benatia could be a very good purchase.

PS:I dislike him but I have to admit that Sergio Ramos is the perfect(!) match for our defense,in terms of style of course,he has everything we're looking for.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Min » Sun May 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Sergio Ramos is absolutely unrealistic target. I prefer Mangala or Benatia. Since Mangala more likely will join EPL team, Benatia could be excellent choice. Much better than Boateng and Dante. Plus Benatia can score, he is very agile and seems hungry for big victories. He has not got any significant weakness, according ScoutNation.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Does anyone know much about Benatia prior to this season?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 am

I'll be honest I don't watch the Serie A, and I watch it less because Gomez is injured so there went any sentimental reason to watch. So I have no idea if Benatia is any good. Maybe he is who knows and there is a shot that the board get him to sign for us and he can attempt to compete with Boateng, Dante, and Badstuber (the players that have actually won something like a league or the CL or even a cup). But until I see him attempting to defend against Real Madrid's supposedly rampant counterattack then I would wait to call him undoubtedly better than the CB's we have right now. I don't know what kind of offense he's contending with and I don't want to know. Serie A's best team can't even make it to a Europa League final, and I have even seen Gervinho called a success in Italy.

Our defense has problems. We should be better at controlling counters and we should be better at the real reason we have been cost so many trophies: set pieces. Our CB's need competition because to be honest Boa and Dante really had no competition for their positions until Badstuber came back. But our CB's weren't the reason we lost to Real Madrid (hint: it was set plays and the fact that our offense kind of sucked at finding a way through their defense).

And imagining that players like Hummels and Kompany will join us is pointless.They are good but they make as many costly mistakes as our players. For another, there is very little sporting reason for those kinds of players to join us anyway. Kompany is the captain of Manchester City, a great club which has finally made it to the last 16 of the Champions League. And Hummels we let go. I'm pretty sure that's over. Sergio Ramos though that's tempting. We should really try to get him since he's only the vice-captain of Real Madrid or something that must suck.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 am

pyrasur wrote:Our CB's need competition

This is a crucial point. Last season, we had a fit DvB keeping them on alert. Also, having Badstuber for the first half of the season aided both Dante and Boateng in becoming walls of defense.

As for Benatia, I saw a few non-full games of him. I noticed that has is great in positioning and has some speed in him. Though, the thing that Pep might like most about him is his ball-handling. He can dribble much better than the average CB and has some very good short-passing plays.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:08 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Does anyone know much about Benatia prior to this season?

benatia before joining roma... he played for Udinese...

this season...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 am

I wish haters would make compilation videos of players' mistakes. I'd be more interested in seeing that video whilst evaluating a central defender rather than seeing a fan's one in which he scores from a corner, for example.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 am

MUTU wrote:I wish haters would make compilation videos of players' mistakes. I'd be more interested in seeing that video whilst evaluating a central defender rather than seeing a fan's one in which he scores from a corner, for example.

Boateng would be deemed a useless defender if done that. Dante error prone.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 am

According to the printed version of Kicker, AS Roma's American owners are willing to sell Benatia to FC Bayern for a fee of €25m. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Mon May 05, 2014 10:25 am

That's fine. Grab him.
Badstuber and Benatia. The B-TEAM! :P
My faith on Boa and Dante has dropped to it's low. They are sort of becoming like Skrtel.

One more thing, does Benatia score corner-headers?
It's a shame really that our CBs hardly score any headers. The reason the corners are wasted. Even Martinez is poor at headers.
Something's gotta give now.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion