You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Medhi Benatia [Medhi Amine El Mouttaqi Benatia]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Medhi Benatia [Medhi Amine El Mouttaqi Benatia]

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:57 am

Juventus, Benatia set for summer switch to Marseille
Juventus defender Medhi Benatia is set to leave Turin at the end of the season to join up with his former boss Rudi Garcia at Marseille.

According to Calciomercato.com’s Nicola Balice, the 29-year-old who is still on-loan at the Bianconeri from Bayern Munich will be purchased by the Old Lady for €17 million on July 3 before then being sold to the Ligue 1 side for €25 million.

The outstanding form of young Italian defender Daniele Rugani this season has limited Benatia to just 649 minutes of playing time and after his poor showing in the defeat to Genoa in November last year, the Moroccan international has slipped down the pecking order and a summer exit now seems inevitable.

Marseille boss Garcia contacted Juventus last month to find out about the players availability only to be told that he would not be on the transfer market until the summer. Now the Frenchman and one of his star players during his time in charge at Roma, are set to be reunited
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:04 am

This might be a stupid question, but if that were the case, couldn't Bayern recall Benatia from his loan and then sell him for €25m to Marseilles themselves?
I suppose it depends on whether or not it was put into his loan agreement, otherwise I think we'd have to come to a mutual agreement with Juve (which they would have no reason to agree with)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 am

aterford wrote:This might be a stupid question, but if that were the case, couldn't Bayern recall Benatia from his loan and then sell him for €25m to Marseilles themselves?
I suppose it depends on whether or not it was put into his loan agreement, otherwise I think we'd have to come to a mutual agreement with Juve (which they would have no reason to agree with)

No Juve has an option.

And it will be too risky.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:43 am

aterford wrote:This might be a stupid question, but if that were the case, couldn't Bayern recall Benatia from his loan and then sell him for €25m to Marseilles themselves?

Bayern can't recall him from his loan, there is a contract until the end of this season, and Juventus have a right to buy him at a fixed price of €17m... something that Bayern can't refuse because it's part of the contract. What's unclear is what happens if Juventus bid €17m for him and he refuses. Can Bayern immediately sell?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 am

MUTU wrote:Bayern can't recall him from his loan, there is a contract until the end of this season, and Juventus have a right to buy him at a fixed price of €17m... something that Bayern can't refuse because it's part of the contract. What's unclear is what happens if Juventus bid €17m for him and he refuses. Can Bayern immediately sell?

I think it's not up to the player to agree or not, it's like a release clause, you trigger it you sign him, the club who the player is loaned is in charge because there is a fee to be paid. It's not a situation of Alaba to Hoffenheim for example.

Look, at the end of the day in these situations the clubs are triggering the release clauses with the players approval.
Anyway, Benatia is burned for Bayern, we can't get any profit from him anymore, sporting or financial neither.
Last edited by Achilles on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:17 am

If Juve pays Bayern the 17M€ of his buy option and sell him to Marseille for 25M€ or Shanghai for 300M€ they can. It's the rule.
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Achilles wrote:
MUTU wrote:Bayern can't recall him from his loan, there is a contract until the end of this season, and Juventus have a right to buy him at a fixed price of €17m... something that Bayern can't refuse because it's part of the contract. What's unclear is what happens if Juventus bid €17m for him and he refuses. Can Bayern immediately sell?

I think it's not up to the player to agree or not, it's like a release clause, you trigger it you sign him, the club who the player is loaned is in charge because there is a fee to be paid. It's not a situation of Alaba to Hoffenheim for example.

Look, at the end of the day in these situations the clubs are triggering the release clauses with the players approval.
Anyway, Benatia is burned for Bayern, we can't get any profit from him anymore, sporting or financial neither.

I'm not sure that it works like that, unless Benatia and Juventus already agreed terms to a potential contract. In the sense that imagine Juventus pay the €17m and then offer Benatia €100 a month for 10 years, he would be forced to accept that contract? It would need to have been agreed beforehand I guess.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:07 pm

It's possible that the contract stipulates that if the option is activated he will remain on his current contract up till a certain date (they are paying his wages right now, right?) I suppose.

Benatia made a huge mistake when he left Roma...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's possible that the contract stipulates that if the option is activated he will remain on his current contract up till a certain date (they are paying his wages right now, right?) I suppose.

Benatia made a huge mistake when he left Roma...

Well this huge mistake can't be know in the past when Bayern want him.

It's easy to say that 2 years after even if it's true...
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Very true
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Start for Juve tonight.
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:56 pm

I still like benatia honestly and can definitely see him here next Season being a contributor

Also i highly doubt they pay 25m for benatia
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm sure he won't come back. He's a good player when fit but he just didn't like life in Munich. I respect that. He's a key player whom we can let go.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Boateng Hummels Martinez Süle.
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:28 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:I still like benatia honestly and can definitely see him here next Season being a contributor

Also i highly doubt they pay 25m for benatia

Even if Juventus don't pay the €17m (it is 17 not 25), it doesn't mean he will return. He will very likely be sold. There's nothing stopping Bayern from accepting a bid lower than €17m from Juventus, by the way.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion