You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maximilian Haas

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Maximilian Haas

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Spox is reporting that it's a done deal. He's off to Middlesbrough.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 am

Maximilian Haas' transfer to Middlesbrough F.C. is not yet official, but it will soon be.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby boro » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:11 pm

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I'm excited, really hope he proves himself.
boro
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Wish him luck :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 pm

It's official: Maximilian Haas has joined Middlesbrough F.C.

"Maximilian was very keen to come here and test himself in English football. It's a challenge for him and his arrival will create additional competition for places in that area of the pitch," Mowbray told the club's official website.

"He is a real competitor and comfortable with the ball. The challenge for him is acclimatise to the English game and then take any opportunity that comes his way."

Source: http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20110131/ ... 38_2280527
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:38 pm

SPOX made a good interview with Haas.
I started translating it but I gave up as it's way too long.

SPOX: Mr. Haas, you are now almost two weeks since Middlesbrough. What is your first impression?

Maximilian Haas: The first impression is very good. The people here are really nice and big football fanatics. Even though I live in a hotel just by the training ground. Apart from the Riverside Stadium and the training ground I have not seen much of the city.

SPOX: In the home game against Scunthorpe United, you were already sitting on the bench. How was the atmosphere?

Haas: It is a beautiful, impressive stadium. The atmosphere is really great, very different than in the third division. Even though I was sitting on the bench, it had a lot of fun. I can't wait to finally play.

SPOX: Your new coach Tony Mowbray said, however, that you will need some time to get used to the English way of playing. How big is the step from the third division to the English second one?

Haas: The British definitely play very fast and aggressive football. However after four years of training under Hermann Gerland, this is not a big issue. I went to Bayern which is a very good school.

You can read the rest of the interview translated to English courtesy of Google Translate here: http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... wbray.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby boro » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:09 am

Came on for 10 minutes today, looked good :D
boro
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:11 am

boro wrote:Came on for 10 minutes today, looked good :D

Thanks for the update :) Always interesting to know how the former players are faring!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 pm

MAXIMILIAN HAAS has been told to prove he can stand up to the rigours of the English league after being placed on stand-by for the visit of Nottingham Forest to Middlesbrough tonight.

Despite appearing as a late substitute in Saturday's 3-0 defeat to Queens Park Rangers, manager Tony Mowbray remains reluctant to pit him in to first team action from the start.

But with Andrew Davies ruled out with a hamstring strain for the next few weeks and Seb Hines battling to overcome a dead leg sustained at the weekend, Haas could be paired with Jonathan Grounds at the heart of the Boro defence.

It will be something of a wake up call for the 25-year-old signed from Bayern Munich's second team on January's transfer deadline day, with Mowbray admitting the defender has found training at Rockliffe Park to be a different proposition to that he was used to in Germany.

"He is realising he has to stand up for himself," said Mowbray. "He is learning quickly that they do kick you or elbow you in training, I don't think that was happening over there.

"He has to get ready for the physical demands in training. It's not all about just winning a header. People will kick you, make you do it quickly. Players who come from abroad do generally find it quicker over here and more demanding physically."

Mowbray would ordinarily prefer not to sign new defenders from abroad if they have not previously proven themselves in the English league.

Haas has been given the rest of this season to show he can adapt to the style of the Championship, with Mowbray holding an option of whether to extend his deal in the summer.

The Middlesbrough manager would prefer to give Haas a run in the team, but feels the fact his team remain very much in a relegation fight prevents him from gambling too much.

"He has made good progress, it is just the understanding of the job because it is totally different to what he has been used to," said Mowbray. "If we had another ten points he would be thrown in to sink or swim. I don't want to be taking gambles.

"He is a lad who has been with Bayern for years and he wants to make the leap in to a new country. That suggests he has the right character to make a career for himself here. It's down to him. Like any footballer, he has to grab it."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Tony Mowbray wrote:"He is realising he has to stand up for himself," said Mowbray. "He is learning quickly that they do kick you or elbow you in training, I don't think that was happening over there.

"He has to get ready for the physical demands in training. It's not all about just winning a header. People will kick you, make you do it quickly. Players who come from abroad do generally find it quicker over here and more demanding physically."

Interesting, I thought the 3rd division was quite physical, but I guess in training it could be different.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Haas, who is now 26 years old, and was once named by Louis van Gaal as the replacement for Martin Demichelis, has been without a club for the past six months and is still dreaming of playing in the 1st or 2nd divisions of either England or Germany.

Well, good luck Maximilian!

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 36818.html

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion