You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mats Hummels [Mats Julian Hummels]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Hummels loaned by Bayern

Postby MrLinky » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Well letting him go was the only right decision.There's no prospect for him at Bayern as the board arent ready to get rid of one of the other CB's , he only would have wasted his talent in Munchen.It was also his strong desire to stay at Dortmund and Hoeness knew that , thats why - according to speculation - he agreed to let him go for a bit over 4 million and not the 5 million they were initially asking for.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Mats Hummels

Postby Element » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Gerland , assistant of LVG said that Letting Hummels go was A Big mistake
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Mistake or not it all depends on Breno. If he become new Lusio then we did a good job. If he fail, then we were betting on a wrong horse!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Element wrote:Gerland , assistant of LVG said that Letting Hummels go was A Big mistake

He had to go.
If he came back here he would get no play time
Extending the loan was useless cus his contract ended a season later, so that wud mean we'd loan him off till his contract with us ended.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby appudds » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:52 am

I think we made the right choice in letting Hummels go!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am

Hummels said in an interview

" I , For An Athlete it is that When he fails in something once , he would like to try it again , and this is the case with me , i have played for that Club for 12 years and i would want to prove myself there again"

then he said

"I am also not a fan of the sentence I would like to play for the Club XY forever , i dont like when a player says it then leaves this club next year"
================
So Hummls has put himself in the link with FC Bayern
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Paddy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 am

Hopefully we buy him. It was a huge mistake when they sold him. Gerland said he thought it was mistake as soon as they sold him.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Paddy wrote:Hopefully we buy him. It was a huge mistake when they sold him. Gerland said he thought it was mistake as soon as they sold him.

We should loan him for this season with an option to buy
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby Paddy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:47 pm

They won't loan him....he aleready proved himself as a great defender.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Imagine Badstuber, Hummels, Kroos, Muller, Lahm, Schweini... we would be like Barcelona:)

I always liked Hummels...He is one of the smartest defenders in Bl...and being smart is what we need...DVB and Demi are just stupid

Hummels and Subotic are the best pair in the BL...and they are really young for a CB pair.

I never liked idea of letting him go to Borussia...now..I hope he comes back to pair with Badstuber!

He would be the best solution for our CB problem
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Element » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:32 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Hummels and Subotic are the best pair in the BL...and they are really young for a CB pair.

you are right

Hummels and Subotic are the best CB Duo

but i think that if Subotic or Hummels comes to bayern

Subotic/Hummels + Badstuber > Hummels + Subotic

Could you please rank those 4 CBs in order
Kompany,Subotic,Hummels and Hoewdes
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:38 pm

I think we made a lot of mistakes with our loans...

Why didnt we extend a contract with Hummels and left him with BVB for 1 more year?...why did we sell him when he was one of the best CB talents in the world.

I hope Nerlinger continues to do a great job with loans...We need to loan out our best talent and see if they make it with other BL clubs and than bring them back for free:)

Hummels is great...he has great anticipation and he is really smart when under pressure...that is why I would prefer him before Kompany
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby dambun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Why didnt we extend a contract with Hummels and left him with BVB for 1 more year?...why did we sell him when he was one of the best CB talents in the world.

That's exactly what I'm saying...
When we have a great talent in our ranks, we should sign a long term contract with him, and then (if necessary) loan him out until he is needed...
Just look at our young talents' contracts:
Kroos: 2012!
Alaba: 2013!
Contento: 2013!
Knasmuellner: 2011!
Ekici: 2012!

Well... when you don't have a long term contract with your talent, then you can't loan him out for as much as you need him...
For example, if Ekici is very successful this season with Nuernberg, we ought to sell him next summer... because he probably won't be needed in our crowded midfield line and he can't be loaned anymore... Then if he becomes a great player like Misimovic, we will be crying to have him 2-3 year later...

It's a shame that we don't have Hummels anymore, otherwise we could easily get rid of DvB or even Micho....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby armbrust » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Could you please rank those 4 CBs in order
Kompany,Subotic,Hummels and Hoewdes

Im not that wise to order them without guessing, but for me Subotic is the best. But i would chose Hummels because is our product.

Anyway they arent big diferences bettwen them.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I would also chose Hummels, because of the same reason - he came from our youth academy, and because he is also versatile player who can also play as defensive midfielder.
Alen
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion