You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Massimo Oddo

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Massimo Oddo

Postby BayernJ » Thu May 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Milan Offer Oddo To Barca & Bayern
According to the Corriere dello Sport, AC Milan are attempting to sell Massimo Oddo, and have offered his services to both Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Oddo has had an inconsistent season for the Rossoneri. He started the campaign very poorly, which led to him losing his place in the Italy national team starting XI.

However his form picked up after Christmas, before he recently picked up an injury that has complicated his end to the season.

During this time out, Daniele Bonera has filled in at right back, and the 26-year-old has been hugely impressive in recent weeks, particularly in last weekend’s Milan derby.

Such has been his form that the Rossoneri are considering allowing Oddo to leave at the end of the season.

The Corriere says that Milan transfer advisor Ernesto Bronzetti met with the Barcelona triumvirate of Joan Laporta, Txiki Beguiristain and Ferran Soriano to talk about the summer transfer of Gianluca Zambrotta.

Bronzetti offered Barca Oddo as part of an exchange deal, but the proposal did not go down to well, with the Blaugrana unwilling to take a player who will turn 32 next month.

Milan have also proposed Oddo to Bayern Munich during negotiations over Willy Sagnol. This deal is said to be more possible, as it is sponsored by Bayern hitman Luca Toni.
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby elcalifornio » Thu May 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Oddo isn't very impressive and about to loose his spot in the Italian national team.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Thu May 08, 2008 11:15 pm

elcalifornio wrote:Oddo isn't very impressive and about to loose his spot in the Italian national team.

I agree
i just hope Willy realizes Munchen still love him
and he stays and no more right backs!
Last edited by MunchenFC on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernJ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Bayern Offer Sagnol For Oddo
According to La Repubblica, Bayern Munich have offered AC Milan Willy Sagnol in a straight swap for Massimo Oddo.

French full-back Sagnol had a miserable past season with Bayern, where he lost his first team place and fell out with coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, publicly blasting him in the press on a number of occasions.

Despite the fact that Hitzfeld has now left to be replaced by Jurgen Klinsmann, the 31-year-old’s future with the Bavarian giants is still very uncertain, and it is widely believed that they are keen to offload him.

La Repubblica says that Bayern have offered Sagnol to Milan in a straight swap for another right back Massimo Oddo. The World Cup winner also had a disappointing season, disrupted by bouts of injuries and poor form, which resulted in him missing out on a place in Italy's Euro 2008 squad.

Milan are said to be now considering the offer, however they are also reportedly weighing up a bid for Sampdoria wing back Christian Maggio, and so this could have a big bearing on whether the Sagnol-Oddo deal goes through.
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:52 pm

I hope it's not true. If it is, it means that Bayern Munich are desperate just to get an Italian who are under pressure by Toni! :x
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernJ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 pm

mackoy wrote:I hope it's not true. If it is, it means that Bayern Munich are desperate just to get an Italian who are under pressure by Toni! :x

I think about just same thing when i read it...
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby medin69 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:47 pm

We can get some young Italian who is talented not old junk especially from Milan
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Matakos » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:16 pm

We could get pirlo he said he wanted to leave milan.
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:19 am

Matakos wrote:We could get pirlo he said he wanted to leave milan.

Pirlo would be good and we could finnally have someone that can score directly from a free kick!!!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:35 am

I really hope there's nothing to this swap story. Bayern would be crazy to exchange an experienced 31 year old French first team international for a less-experienced 31 year old Italian player who hasn't made the Euro 2008 squad.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Matakos » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:55 am

MUTU wrote:I really hope there's nothing to this swap story. Bayern would be crazy to exchange an experienced 31 year old French first team international for a less-experienced 31 year old Italian player who hasn't made the Euro 2008 squad.

From what I have seen Oddo is fat :lol:
He is supposed to be a RB ? :?
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby mutamarrid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Is bayern really that desprate for an Italian player?? :roll:
mutamarrid
Getting the hang of it

Postby DS17 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Last year we were interested in Khalid Boulahrouz and eventually didn't sign him. From watching how well he got in form against Italy and France I'd love to see him at Bayern next season. Jansen is still not goo enough at defense and Sangol is not better at the moment. Boulahrouz is smarter than both and he gave two amazing games in the EURO so far. I wish we could get him this summer to stregthen our defense. :)
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:30 pm

our defense is fine
jansen is a great player and although he is struggling at the Ueros
he has proved has quality to play at bayern and we have lell
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby DS17 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:59 pm

MunchenFC wrote:our defense is fine
jansen is a great player and although he is struggling at the Ueros
he has proved has quality to play at bayern and we have lell

It doesn't change the fact that both (Jansen and Lell) have weak defense. :roll:
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion