You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Massimo Oddo

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Oddo

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 am

Apparently, Bayern are not happy with the performance being shown by Oddo and are looking for a fullback.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:25 pm

MUTU wrote:Apparently, Bayern are not happy with the performance being shown by Oddo and are looking for a fullback.

Hopefully a left-back.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:14 pm

MUTU wrote:Apparently, Bayern are not happy with the performance being shown by Oddo and are looking for a fullback.

well what did they expect when they gave a 21 years old for 32 years old who lost his spot at Milan, this move was doomed from the start,
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:39 pm

WWWWIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY! =D>
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:53 pm

i don't know what they were expecting from oddo. bayern should send out sagnol and oddo, keep lell and lahm and get a RB (like castro) and a LB to replace lahm. finito.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 am

FCBinNYC wrote:WWWWIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY! =D>

He's nowhere to be seen! :?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:15 am

shwas55 wrote:

well what did they expect when they gave a 21 years old for 32 years old who lost his spot at Milan, this move was doomed from the start,

=D>
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MrLinky » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm

shwas55 wrote:well what did they expect when they gave a 21 years old for 32 years old who lost his spot at Milan, this move was doomed from the start,

I dont think you're right on your first point cause I think quality has nothing to do with age , we see that week in and week out with Ze , or you'd rather have the young Ottl in the starting XI instead of him ? :wink:
But you are right on the second point , I think in order to be top not just in Germany we have to invest in top players and not guys who werent able to convince at their former club and "use" Bayern as a way to get their career back on track.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 pm

MrLinky wrote:
shwas55 wrote:well what did they expect when they gave a 21 years old for 32 years old who lost his spot at Milan, this move was doomed from the start,

I dont think you're right on your first point cause I think quality has nothing to do with age , we see that week in and week out with Ze , or you'd rather have the young Ottl in the starting XI instead of him ? :wink:
But you are right on the second point , I think in order to be top not just in Germany we have to invest in top players and not guys who werent able to convince at their former club and "use" Bayern as a way to get their career back on track.

MrLinky: You are only partially right. The distance that separates Marcell Jansen (22 at the time not 21) from Oddo is less than what separates Ze Roberto from Ottl, this comparison is quality wise, without taking into consideration age. Jansen is a full Germany International who many saw as our left back for many years after Sagnol (considering that Lahm could be moved to the right). Oddo is in his way out and was brought in on a free one season transfer loan, we did not pay money for him, we are paying only his salary.

IMO a temporary patch while Jansen seemed to be a long term solution. I believe you get what you pay for....
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MrLinky » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Oddo on the right and Lahm on the left IS better than Jansen on the left and Lahm on the right , in my opinion selling Jansen was the right decision but bringing in Oddo wasnt the right decision.They should have gotten a top-class right/left back.
There are 3 reasons why I think selling Jansen was a wise thing to do : 1-We saw in the European Cup how Lahm and him do together , Jansen's terrible performance was one of the reasons for the loss against Croatia , Low put Jansen on the bench , Friedrich on the right , Lahm on the left and Germany went on to reach the final , I'm not sure if that would have happened if they'd have continued playing with the same defensive formation.
2-Jansen is an offensive kind of left-back , as a matter of fact we got Ribery on the left who isnt known for working a lot defensively , so thats reason number 2 , Jansen and Ribery on the left would have been suicide , way too offensive.That was the main reason for Klinsmann to sell Jansen , as he declared in an interview a couple of days after the transfer was announced.
3-I dont know if you guys have been following him and his form at Hamburg , he WAS a german international , not recently.He doesnt face big competition at Hamburg on the left-back position , its Atouba and Aogo who can play there , both not left-back's of high class , still he hasnt managed to secure a place in the starting XI for himself so far.He really has to be careful not to become the next Tobias Rau , I see a lot of similarities in the career of the 2 of them up until now.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:44 pm

ODDO KEEN ON BAYERN STAY

"My loan comes to an end this summer," he said. "I feel very good at Bayern and I could easily imagine myself staying in Munich."But it's not me who'll take that decision, but the club and management."

Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness has said that the club has until the "end of March, early April" to exercise its right to buy the defender's contract.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_4771069,00.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm

well, he has 3 months to improve then.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby xevi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 pm

i think bayern shouldn't extend him. get görltiz back and a better RB.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:42 pm

ok oddo hasnt been playing all that great, but i dont think hes worse that gorlitz.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MrLinky » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:13 pm

According to Hoeness a decision regarding our Italian right-back will be made by the end of April. Massimo himself has said that it's not up to him whether he will stay or not , the club will make the final decision and he evaluates his chances to be 50 % - 50 %.
MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion