You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Massimo Oddo

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:21 pm

WoW well Im not really entuthiastic about this transfer , a 32 year-old player that didnt make it at milan isnt really the player I wanted to see at bayern .
Lets just hope he can get the form that made him such a strong player at Lazio , otherwise he can go back after a year !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 pm

I dont think this is a bad signing atall, will give us some experience in that position.
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:32 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:I dont think this is a bad signing atall, will give us some experience in that position.

Not a bad one , but not a really good one either . :?
There were some great players on the market espacially this year on this position .
The Russian Zhirkov for instance really impressed at the european , young ,
quick , dynamic player .
With him on the left and Lahm on right the defense would have been perfect !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

About ODDO

Postby vxg7826 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:36 am

Dear bayern fans,

This is the first time I write at this forum, and immediately I would congratulate for this genuine idea. Remember this: Massimo Oddo will be the best signing in Germany this season. Even though you may think that he was not good enough at MIlan last year, he is very intelligent player, one that is not used to make mistakes. He is a kind of player FCB needs. With him and Lahm down the flanks, having also as center backs micho and lucio, I do not think we will have anymore barriers in defence - our major flaw...

Cheers,
V.
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcb 4eva » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:41 am

you can have too many kids in your team, I think he'll prove a good signing for Bayern :D

-----------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am

MrLinky wrote:The Russian Zhirkov for instance really impressed at the european , young ,
quick , dynamic player .

Yes Zhirkov seems like a good player, but perhaps Bayern are looking for someone with experience as a stop gap now. Goerlitz will be back next season, and then maybe they can get someone like Zhirkov and sell one of Goerlitz/Lell/Sagnol.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:09 pm

http://www.goal.com/de/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=839437

Oddo is gonna be taking over the jersey number 23 .
He's also quoted as saying "it was a tough decision but after I thought
about it carefully I decided to take this step in my career , Im looking
forward to this fascinating challenge for me" .
Last edited by MrLinky on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:16 pm

http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/media/images/spieler_08_09/oddo/270/oddo2_fcb_290808_270.jpg

Obviously Luca is excited to have a fellow italian at Bayern . :D
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 am

MrLinky wrote:http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/media/images/spieler_08_09/oddo/270/oddo2_fcb_290808_270.jpg

Obviously Luca is excited to have a fellow italian at Bayern . :D

its always good 2 have luca happy!
haha
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby bayern123 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 am

I think it was absolutely necessary for them to get Oddo for at least one year. Jansen is young and looks very promising, but still has lots to learn. He just had too many lapses on defense.

Oddo gives them some more experience and more consistent play. He played in some pretty big games! Don't get me wrong, he is not a great player, but someone who will help them during this long season, (bundesliga, cup, and champions league.)

Now just get a midfielder!!!
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: Oddo

Postby wadie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:55 pm

great deal..... :mrgreen:
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Re:

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:01 pm

bayern123 wrote:Now just get a midfielder!!!

We won't get any more players this summer. Possibly they have a player already lined up for winter, but for now we will have to stick to what we have until at least January.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re:

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:35 am

MUTU wrote:
MrLinky wrote:The Russian Zhirkov for instance really impressed at the european , young ,
quick , dynamic player .

Yes Zhirkov seems like a good player, but perhaps Bayern are looking for someone with experience as a stop gap now. Goerlitz will be back next season, and then maybe they can get someone like Zhirkov and sell one of Goerlitz/Lell/Sagnol.

Zenit have offered 25 million euros for Zhirkov! :shock:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Re:

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:21 pm

MUTU wrote:Zenit have offered 25 million euros for Zhirkov! :shock:

Great player , the sum surprises me a bit , but not that it was offered by Zenit , they're kinda the 'Russian Bayern' , they buy the
best players in the league , as for Zhirkov he was the player that influenced the russian game the most in the EC , which is very hard
to do for a LB , maybe someone that watches the Russian league regularly on here can tell us a bit more about his form there , but he would have been
the perfect solution to our full back problem without a doubt.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Re: Re:

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:31 am

MrLinky wrote:
MUTU wrote:Zenit have offered 25 million euros for Zhirkov! :shock:

Great player , the sum surprises me a bit , but not that it was offered by Zenit , they're kinda the 'Russian Bayern' , they buy the
best players in the league , as for Zhirkov he was the player that influenced the russian game the most in the EC , which is very hard
to do for a LB , maybe someone that watches the Russian league regularly on here can tell us a bit more about his form there , but he would have been
the perfect solution to our full back problem without a doubt.

Well it's only a rumour.
Happy birthday MrLinky!!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion