You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Martín Demichelis

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Demichelis

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:40 pm

likma wrote:Nice, Demichelis is great player for us, and it's good having him secured for future.

Agreed, I consider him a key player nowadays. In fact we were doing badly until he came back from injury, and then we won every game after that.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Our most important player at the moment , its impressive how he manages to remain calm in various situations and organize the trio at the back .
His development in the last couple of years was really spectacular , who would have thought 3 or 4 years ago he was gonna be this precious
and this good for us .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:20 pm

bayern has 3 important players in the field: demichelis, ribéry, toni. they make the diference. It's incredible because i think he earns 1.6M€. lucio 4,8 and van buyten 3.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:35 pm

I thought Micho was great for us in def. mid a few seasons back in the Magath era, never understood why they left him in the wilderness after that by signing Van Bommel and Van Buyten. (As evidenced by the 4th place finish.) Good to see that they're gonna reward him for his service, obviously he's the main man in defense now. I agree with Xevi, with Micho, Franck and Toni as the team's "spine" we will be in good shape for a while as long as they keep them together.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm

xevi wrote:bayern has 3 important players in the field: demichelis, ribéry, toni. they make the diference. It's incredible because i think he earns 1.6M€. lucio 4,8 and van buyten 3.

He's gonna be signing the new improved contract in the coming days .
So he'll probably be earning around 4 million per year too . :wink:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I thought Micho was great for us in def. mid a few seasons back in the Magath era, never understood why they left him in the wilderness after that by signing Van Bommel and Van Buyten. (As evidenced by the 4th place finish.) Good to see that they're gonna reward him for his service, obviously he's the main man in defense now. I agree with Xevi, with Micho, Franck and Toni as the team's "spine" we will be in good shape for a while as long as they keep them together.

Yea he really was great in DM in 2005 I think it was , but then the next season in 2006 he had an awful phase in which he actually got himself
out of the starting XI at Bayern and the Argentinian national team too .
Guess the Bayern officials weren't really expecting him to come back and play in the manner he is doing right now .
So his main problem was really the lack of consistency , which seems to be a common problem in our squad for whatever reason (Schweini , Klose etc. ) .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:54 am

MrLinky wrote:
FCBinNYC wrote:I thought Micho was great for us in def. mid a few seasons back in the Magath era, never understood why they left him in the wilderness after that by signing Van Bommel and Van Buyten. (As evidenced by the 4th place finish.) Good to see that they're gonna reward him for his service, obviously he's the main man in defense now. I agree with Xevi, with Micho, Franck and Toni as the team's "spine" we will be in good shape for a while as long as they keep them together.

Yea he really was great in DM in 2005 I think it was , but then the next season in 2006 he had an awful phase in which he actually got himself
out of the starting XI at Bayern and the Argentinian national team too .
Guess the Bayern officials weren't really expecting him to come back and play in the manner he is doing right now .
So his main problem was really the lack of consistency , which seems to be a common problem in our squad for whatever reason (Schweini , Klose etc. ) .

I believe he had a long term injury and took a while to recover his form even after he started playing. Since it was close to the end of the season, the coach couldn't risk playing an out-of-form player since the matches become more and more important towards the end of the season.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Martin Demichelis does NOT inject Botox before games!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:27 pm

FC Bayern's Argentinian star Martin Demichelis has had to deny rumours in his homeland that he injects Botox into his lips BEFORE games.

The evil allegations have surfaced as the defender prepares to play for the Bundesliga champions against Fiorentina in the Champions League tomorrow.

Could it all be just the revenge of an angry cosmetic surgeon?

Famous doctor Cristian Perez Latorre told the 'Gente' newspaper: “Demichelis is a footballer I have worked on. He injects Botox into his lips before games. He wants to look good.”

But that is just a lie!

Botox is a nerve poison that is injected into wrinkles - but not by Demichelis.

The Argentinian international denied the accusations to BILD: “It’s laughable. I don’t have an earring, any piercings or tattoos. And yet I am supposed to be using Botox?”

What is the reason behind the allegations? Does the surgeon want to ruin the Bayern star’s reputation?

Evangelina Anderson (24), Argentinian TV star, nude model and the player's girlfriend since the beginning of the year, is outraged. She suspects that Perez Latorre wants revenge on her for two reasons:

1) She paid for a transvestite friend to have a sex change operation, which was undertaken by a rival of Perez Latorre.

2) Evangelina discussed on television a friend who was dissatisfied with the result of her plastic surgery: “I didn’t know that Perez Latorre was her surgeon.”

She is sad that her boyfriend has been pulled into the situation: "It pains me that Martin is being talked about in such a way. I feel guilty."

Demichelis has said he has reported the surgeon's announcements.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Martin Demichelis

Postby MrLinky » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Maradona: Demichelis Is World Class

New Argentine national team trainer Diego Maradona has paid tribute to Bayern Munich defender Martin Demichelis during his whistle-stop tour of Europe as he seeks to meet up with his new charges following his recent appointment.
The legendary Argentinean was appointed as successor to Alfio Basile, who surprisingly quit last month in the midst of his countries World Cup qualifying campaign.

Maradona was in Munich on Thursday to meet both Demichelis and winger Jose Ernesto Sosa.

The Bayern centre back revealed that his bedroom wall was covered in Maradona posters as a child and that like most youngsters of his age Maradona was an absolute idol.

“His presence alone and his aura exerts a massive motivation on all the players,” Demichelis explained.

“For every kid that grew up in the 80’s and 90’s in Argentina, Maradona was the best. We treated him like a god when he led us to the World Cup in 1986 in Mexico. We also suffered with him when his life wasn’t going so well.”

The admiration however is not totally one-sided with the new national team boss paying tribute to the abilities of the Bayern defender. “Micho is world-class. There are no better central defenders in the world” Maradona revealed.

“I’m counting on him and am happy to have such a strong player at my disposal,” he was quoted in the ‘Tageszeitung’.

Demichelis has his sights firmly set on the 2010 World Cup in South Africa after he was dropped from the final squad just before the tournament. At the time he described his omission as “a fate worse than death.”
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Because it was Demichelis' birthday recently, here`s some pics of him :P

Argentina vs Ecuador, World Cup 2010 qualifier, 15 Jun 2008

FC Bayern training, 22 Jul 2008

FC Bayern, team presentation, 25 Jul 2008

FC Bayern vs Hertha BSC Berlin, Bundesliga, 31 Aug 2008

Argentina vs Paraguay, World Cup 2010 qualifiers, 6 Sep 2008

Peru vs Argentina, World Cup 2010 qualifiers, 10 Sep 2008

Steaua Bucharest vs FC Bayern, Champions League, 17 Sep 2008

FC Bayern vs 1. FC Nürnberg, DFB Cup, 23 Sep 2008

Hannover 96 vs FC Bayern, Bundesliga, 27 Sep 2008

Olympique Lyon vs FC Bayern, Champions League, 30 Sep 2008

FC Bayern vs VfL Bochum, Bundesliga, 4 Oct 2008

Argentine NT training, 7 Oct 2008

Argentina vs Uruguay, World Cup 2010 qualifier, 11 Oct 2008

Karlsruher SC vs FC Bayern, Bundesliga, 18 Oct 2008

FC Bayern vs ACF Fiorentina, Champions League, 21 Oct 2008

FC Bayern vs VfL Wolfsburg, Bundesliga, 25 Oct 2008

Eintracht Frankfurt vs FC Bayern, Bundesliga, 29 Oct 2008

FC Bayern vs Arminia Bielefeld, Bundesliga, 1 Nov 2008

ACF Fiorentina vs FC Bayern, Champions League, 5 Nov 2008

FC Schalke 04 vs FC Bayern, Bundesliga, 9 Nov 2008

Scotland vs Argentina, International Friendly, 19 Nov 2008

FC Bayern vs Energie Cottbus, Bundesliga, 22 Nov 2008

FC Bayern Circus Gala 2008, Circus Krone Munich, 8 Dec 2008

FC Bayern training, 9 Dec 2008

FC Bayern vs Olympique Lyon, Champions League Group Stage, 10 Dec 2008
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:22 am

Some? Happy birthday, Martin. And Happy New Year for Everybody.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Demichelis is gonna extend his contract until 2012.

bild.de wrote:Demichelis zu BILD.de: „Ich fühle mich in München sehr wohl. Die Gespräche sind bestens verlaufen. Wir werden nach dem Trainingslager noch einmal abschließend sprechen, aber soweit ist alles klar. Ich werde deshalb bis 2012 bleiben.“

Translated:"I feel very comfortable in Munchen.The talks have been good.After the training camp we will be talking one last time but everything is clear.Thats why I'm gonna stay until 2012."

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/bayern/2009/01/05/martin-demichelis/argentinier-verlaengert-vertrag-bis-2012.html

The good news are continuing these days. :D
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Sabik » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Yesterday I read that he wants to extend his contract from over 2010 until 2012 because he feels comfortable about livin and playing in Munich and because he had good conversations with Hoeness and Co.

Thats great - In my opinion he is playing constantly good.
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 pm

He is the best CD we have \:D/
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 pm

MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion