You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Martín Demichelis

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Man of the match | Argentina profit from Demichelis’ fine form

Argentina stopper Martin Demichelis is poised to claim a regular berth for his country after another strong display in a Albiceleste jersey. The 26-year-old has been on fine form at club level this season, operating alongside Lucio in the Bundesliga’s best defence with just three goals conceded in nine matches.

On Tuesday evening, Argentina followed up a 2-0 victory over Chile at the weekend with an away win against Venezuela in Maracaibo by the same score. Barcelona stars Gabriel Milito (15) and Lionel Messi (42) found the target, but a sizeable proportion of the South American media rated Demichelis as the man of the match.

Following in Ayala’s footsteps

“Succeeding the legendary Ayala is a severe test, but Demichelis showed the extent of his ability,“ wrote clarin.com. Roberto Ayala, Argentine captain for many years, rated as one of the best centre-backs in the world game. The 34-year-old announced his retirement from international football after the Copa America three months ago.

“I’d like to thank my team-mates for helping me settle in so well,“ commented Micho, who suffered the biggest disappointment of his career to date when then boss Jose Pekermann left him out of the squad for the 2006 World Cup. Current supremo Alfio Basile recalled Demichelis in August, and the Bayern man promptly said thank-you with the only goal of the game in a friendly victory against Australia. “This is a great team and I want to be part of the new generation,“ Demichelis declared after staking his strong claim to Ayala’s famous Number 2 shirt.
FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:27 am

Demichelis has a bruised shin and is rated doubtful for the UEFA Cup match against Braga.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Demichelis: I Will Play In The Olympics

Bayern Munich defender Martin Demichelis has stated that he fully intends to be part of Argentina's Olympic team later this year despite assertions from the club that they do not want him to travel to Beijing for the tournament.

Argentina will go into the Olympics looking to defend the Gold medal that they won in Athens in 2004 and Demichelis has long been named alongside Javier Mascherano and Juan Román Riquelme as one of the three overage players that coach Sergio Batista wishes to include in his U-23 squad for the games.

Bayern, however, are unhappy about Demichelis taking part in the tournament as it is likely to overlap with the start of the Bundesliga season and have indicated as such in recent weeks.

Despite the opinion of his employers, Demichelis is determined to take part and asserted that he would be at the Olympics no matter what it takes for him to get there.

"First I will try to come to an amicable agreement with the club, but if that doesn't work I will have to try another approach," he told Radio Del Plata.

"I will do anything to be in Beijing; I am very thankful for the confidence that the national team has in me.

"If have already missed out on a World Cup and I don't want something similar to happen again because it would almost certainly have a psychological effect on me, and Bayern must realise this."

Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is though to be the driving force behind the negativity in the club towards Demichelis' Olympic dream, but with Jurgen Klinsmann replacing him at the end of the season, it will be interesting to see if he shares the views of his predecessor, or if he will take a more lenient approach.

Let him go! Bayern needs to have a good relationship with the players and not allowing Demichelis to go would be a great mistake. If something goes 'wrong', there are players who are capable of playing in defence.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 pm

i don't know about this to be honest, Demichelis has been a solid player for us for teh past three seasons, but time and time again he's expressed a willingness to put country over club, in which case id rather see him at a club which will allow this, he needs to understand that if he was still at river, he probably wouldn't have the caps he has at the minute, so as far as I'm concerned, let him stew over the decision and test his resolve and dedication to the club!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:52 pm

I don't think the club's problem with Micho going to the Olympics is the missed playing time for just him, it's that there's also been talk of both Lucio and Breno going which = serious issues in defense for us at the start of next season. It's great that our players are being talked about for this, it means we have one of the best defenses in the world. Van Bommel's been mentioned for it, too. But the club really has to take an all or nothing stand on this because missing your two starting central defenders and one of their backups just isn't going to cut it. That's how I see it, anyway.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby chori123 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 am

He is the best defender of the Bundesliga, he is playing in an incredible level of performance, and he deserves to play for his national team, i think Bayern has to let him go with Argentina..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:41 am

FCBinNYC wrote:I don't think the club's problem with Micho going to the Olympics is the missed playing time for just him, it's that there's also been talk of both Lucio and Breno going which = serious issues in defense for us at the start of next season. It's great that our players are being talked about for this, it means we have one of the best defenses in the world. Van Bommel's been mentioned for it, too. But the club really has to take an all or nothing stand on this because missing your two starting central defenders and one of their backups just isn't going to cut it. That's how I see it, anyway.

... not to mention that Hummels will still be out on loan next season. Van Buyten will be the only recognised central defender left in the team. It's quite worrying, because it's possible that we'd have injuries as well. I think the reserves or youth players will have to play.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Martin Demichelis

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 pm

HAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......ETC

OMG THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY :lol: :lol:

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... p?a=111805

-----------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: Demechelis

Postby pavlos21 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:11 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:HAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......ETC

OMG THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY :lol: :lol:

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... p?a=111805

-----------------------

£6 million :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:16 pm

MIHIHIHI mighty premier league xD :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 pm

yeah mighty fulham :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:06 pm

You wrote his surname wrong :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 pm

DOH!! :P
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby soccerkyle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:21 pm

This news made my day :D
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby DS17 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:29 pm

Funny how PL clubs take Bayern as their feeders.... :x We gave you Ballack and Hargreaves in two years and now you want us to lose Toni, Ribery and Demichelis in one year? :evil:

I can't wait Bayern will show everyone next season that we shouldn't be underestimated. 8)
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion