You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mark van Bommel

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Paddy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:Van Bommel is a midfielder. and I can`t see him play in any-other position. when it comes to score goals, it`s not his job =; he create good chances for the forwards and plays good defensivly.. and that`s the main thing really!

He doesn´t really create chances.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Paddy wrote:
Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:Van Bommel is a midfielder. and I can`t see him play in any-other position. when it comes to score goals, it`s not his job =; he create good chances for the forwards and plays good defensivly.. and that`s the main thing really!

That`s because we`re laying on Ribery to do. Hitzfild was given van Bommel a defensive job on the last games :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:08 am

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:
Paddy wrote:

That`s because we`re laying on Ribery to do. Hitzfild was given van Bommel a defensive job on the last games :|

if he was good at it he would create chances.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Paddy wrote:
Paddy wrote:

You`re right! but as I said before.. on the last games, Hitzfeld was given our midfielders a defensive job. I mean, he didn`t allow them to go forward. except for Ribery who`s the only one that was allow to go forward and create chances. that`s why we`ve seen that lacking of scoring goals on the last games, except of the last one on the UEFA Cup.. we won (6-0) because the coach had given the players a freedom to go forward.

Well, maybe that`s why Van Bommel hasn`t create enough chances for our forwards. but for me.. I think he plays defensivly good. I don`t want the club to sell him unless they will buy us someone who`s a world class :o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Paddy wrote:
Paddy wrote:

You`re right! but as I said before.. on the last games, Hitzfeld was given our midfielders a defensive job. I mean, he didn`t allow them to go forward. except for Ribery who`s the only one that was allow to go forward and create chances. that`s why we`ve seen that lacking of scoring goals on the last games, except of the last one on the UEFA Cup.. we won (6-0) because the coach had given the players a freedom to go forward.

Well, maybe that`s why Van Bommel hasn`t create enough chances for our forwards. but for me.. I think he plays defensivly good. I don`t want the club to sell him unless they will buy us someone who`s a world class :o

Van Bommel is far from being word class.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Paddy wrote:
Paddy wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Van Bommel is far from being word class.

Yeah! but I don`t Bayern to sell him and buy us someone who`s the same level or even less :-s
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:31 pm

The Bayern central midfielder saw two yellow cards and of course a subsequent red two minutes into stoppage time, his second punishment coming for an obscene gesture at referee Lutz Wagner.

That is exactly the reason why the DFB control committee asked for the automatic one-match ban to be extended to a three-game suspension in the league for “heavily unsporting behaviour”, according to video footage.

Not addressed to the ref
The Dutch international was asked to deposit his opinion on the incident in writing to the German Football Federation. And he did, claiming that his gesture was not addressed to the referee. Therefore, the former PSV Eindhoven and Barcelona man does not accept the proposed sentence.

Van Bommel played the full 120 minutes in Bayern’s dramatic 1-0 extra-time victory over München on Wednesday, in the Pokal quarter-finals, but will certainly miss Saturday’s Bundesliga visit to Schalke. The DFB sports panel will have the final say on the extent of his ban.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Frankfurt - Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel could face a four-match ban after being dismissed in last Sunday's Bundesliga game against SV Hamburg. The German Football Federation (DFB) control committee called for the automatic one-match ban to be extended by a further three matches for "serious unsporting behaviour."

However the Dutch player has decided not to accept the ban and the DFB sports panel will now have to make a ruling.

Van Bommel earned an automatic one-match ban after receiving a second yellow card in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Hamburg, and misses Saturday's visit to Schalke 04.

The DFB control committee had used video evidence to rule on a lengthier ban. Television pictures showed van Bommel making a gesture with his arm in the direction of the referee in the final moments of the game.

He had moments earlier sarcastically applauded the referee, who in his match report said that he had not seen the resulting gesture.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:00 pm

claiming that his gesture was not addressed to the referee.

I am curious to whom it was addressed then.[/quote]
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:12 pm

He said it was addressed to himself.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:13 pm

MUTU wrote:He said it was addressed to himself.

LOL. This is new! I didn't know that people make bad guestures to themselves. He certainly didn't look to address it to himself. He was way addressing it to the ref :o
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:33 pm

Yes I know :) I'm sure nobody believes him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Frankfurt - Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel was Sunday given an extra two-match ban after being dismissed in last weekend's Bundesliga game against SV Hamburg. Van Bommel sat out Bayern's 1-0 victory over Schalke 04 on Saturday and has been suspended for a further two matches.

He will miss next week's visit by Karlsruhe and a trip to Energie Cottbus a week later.

The German Football Federation (DFB) control committee originally wanted the automatic one-match ban to be extended by a further three matches for "serious unsporting behaviour."

However the issue went to the DFB's sports panel after the Dutch player did not to accept the ban. Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness said the club would accept the new ruling.

The DFB control committee used video evidence in ruling on van Bommel who was shown making an obscene gesture with his arm in the direction of the referee in the final moments of the game.

He had moments earlier sarcastically applauded the referee, who in his match report said that he had not seen the resulting gesture.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Van Bommel most hated player

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Apparently Bild had a poll for which Bundesliga player fans hate the most and our boy Van Bommel came in first with just over a quarter of the votes! Woohoo! I hate Van Bommel sometimes too, but then at other times I love it when he's being a total dick...it's funny to me. Kahn came in third in the poll. Poor form! I'm sure he dominated this poll in the past. I would've voted for Diego, who came in fifth. Who do you guys hate the most in the league?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Wow! That is an interesting question. I really can not say who I dislike more because there are different reasons why I dislike a player. For the whole world...the player I dislike most is David Beckham, but for the Bundesliga I would go with Torsten Frings. There is just something about him that I do not like. He's not a bad player but he really can push his teammates' buttons.

As for the Mark Van Bommel, well, I like him. He does do stupid things but he's funny. LOL!!! I just love it when he flipped off the referee and the fans in Madrid. LOL!! :lol:
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion