You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mark van Bommel

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:41 pm

MUTU wrote:IMO no player deserved it this year. I'm not sure if anyone is with me on this one.

Lets treat the poll as one to choose "THE PLAYER WHO SUCKED THE LEAST"...

:P
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
MUTU wrote:IMO no player deserved it this year. I'm not sure if anyone is with me on this one.

Lets treat the poll as one to choose "THE PLAYER WHO SUCKED THE LEAST"...

:P

Yeah! that`s fair :P
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mark Van Bommel

Postby fcb 4eva » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:03 am

There was Rumour on Goal.com a few days ago that Bayern will be looking to sell MVB in January, imo this would be a terrible decision as he is one of the best players at the club. Every team needs someone like Mark and i think he is an integral part of the team.

-------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:11 pm

While occasionally entertaining, goal.com rates as a questionable source to me, they always have the same rumors as sites like tribalfootball. I really doubt Mark will be on the way in January without a SERIOUS replacement. I think we could do better than him, but we could also do a lot worse. (Like Ottl.)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:16 pm

I'd put MVB' importance to the team alongside Ribery, Klose and Toni, he's very much an important member of the squad and should never be let go.

--------------------

fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby andresdonado15 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Dont hear that !!! It is a big lie...........man.........remenber.....Uli said in the official Bayerns page that they will talk with Mark to agree a contract extension
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Paddy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:56 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:I'd put MVB' importance to the team alongside Ribery, Klose and Toni, he's very much an important member of the squad and should never be let go.

--------------------

Not really. Ze Roberto is much better. Van Bommel is medicore. The only quality that stand out is his leadership.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby walter » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 pm

[quote="Paddy"][quote="fcb 4eva"]I'd put MVB' importance to the team alongside Ribery, Klose and Toni, he's very much an important member of the squad and should never be let go.

--------------------

FCB 4EVA :D[/quote]

Not really. Ze Roberto is much better. Van Bommel is medicore. The only quality that stand out is his leadership.[/quote]

That's an unfair remark as Van Bommel was by far our best player last season and probably the only reason why we had a good run in CL...He is given more of a defensive role compared to last season and thats why he hasn't really impress...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:34 pm

walter wrote:
Paddy wrote:
fcb 4eva wrote:I'd put MVB' importance to the team alongside Ribery, Klose and Toni, he's very much an important member of the squad and should never be let go.

--------------------

Not really. Ze Roberto is much better. Van Bommel is medicore. The only quality that stand out is his leadership.

That's an unfair remark as Van Bommel was by far our best player last season and probably the only reason why we had a good run in CL...He is given more of a defensive role compared to last season and thats why he hasn't really impress...

And when he does attack his shooting is off target 95% of the time.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby elcalifornio » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:56 am

I would not mind a sell of VanBommel except that he has the pontential to be a good leader for the team and we are lacking those in this team. Otherwise, I would agree that strengthening that position in the team is a priority, seeing how old Ze and Marc are. Its a better choice than buying 8 more strikers that cost too much and thus pushing a talent like Podolski out the door.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:43 am

elcalifornio wrote:I would not mind a sell of VanBommel except that he has the pontential to be a good leader for the team and we are lacking those in this team. Otherwise, I would agree that strengthening that position in the team is a priority, seeing how old Ze and Marc are. Its a better choice than buying 8 more strikers that cost too much and thus pushing a talent like Podolski out the door.

Sorry but I think Poldi is overrated.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Paddy wrote:
elcalifornio wrote:I would not mind a sell of VanBommel except that he has the pontential to be a good leader for the team and we are lacking those in this team. Otherwise, I would agree that strengthening that position in the team is a priority, seeing how old Ze and Marc are. Its a better choice than buying 8 more strikers that cost too much and thus pushing a talent like Podolski out the door.

Sorry but I think Poldi is overrated.

I second that
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Van Bommel is not bad. he has his good days and his bad days. Do I think he should leave Bayern? Only if Bayern can get someone really good to take his place. Of course, if Van Basten becomes Bayern's next coach then I can see Van Bommel leaving.

As for Podolski...well, I think it was too much, too soon for him. I think that award at the WC went to his head. Add in the fact that Magath kept him on the bench for awhile, well, that pretty well knocked him down a few pegs. But overall, I think Poldi would have been better at a different team that is more suited to his style. Bayern is not that team. He has shown a few flashes of excellence but nothing else, which is sad. When he gets to play he has to show more but if he don't then he will leave.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Lately, he's been playing quite well, but he still can't get the ball in the back of the net. That's why he might be better off playing in midfield, but obviously the coach knows best.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Van Bommel is a midfielder. and I can`t see him play in any-other position. when it comes to score goals, it`s not his job =; he create good chances for the forwards and plays good defensivly.. and that`s the main thing really!
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion