You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mark van Bommel

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

VAN BOMMEL BLASTS DUTCH COACH

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:32 pm

VAN BOMMEL BLASTS DUTCH COACH

Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel has hit out at Holland coach Marco van Basten for selecting certain players regardless of how well they are playing.

Van Bommel announced last year that he would no longer play for Holland as long as van Basten was in charge.

The former Barcelona man was last called up to the national team ahead of the Euro 2008 qualifier against Bulgaria on October 7, but withdrew along with Real Madrid's Ruud van Nistelrooy, with both claiming van Basten favoured certain players.

Van Bommel told Voetbal International magazine: "I have never said that I will not play for the Oranje, but I refuse to play for a team where he [van Basten] is the coach.

"You can say over and over again that you select players solely because of their footballing ability, but that isn't what he is doing.

"Because if he did that the players from the top leagues would all be selected. Why is it that one player needs to have match sharpness and another player not?

"Why can one player be out of shape [and selected] and the other not? When it comes to technical arguments, it can't be possible not to select me."

Van Bommel also denied claims by the national team coach that discussions have been held between the two over the form of the combative midfielder.

"Van Basten constantly comes out with arguments that don't fit," he added.

"And I am sick and tired about his remarks about all sorts of discussions that he has had with me about me not doing my job properly. That's just not true."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Van Bommel targets Olympics start

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel has expressed his desire to play for Holland again - but not under Marco van Basten.

Instead, the 30-year-old - who vowed not to represent his country so long as Van Basten is in charge - aims to join the Under-21s at the Olympics in Beijing next year.

The Netherlands have qualified for the Games having reached the last four of the European Under-21s Championships, and Van Bommel has put his name forward as one of the three eligible 'veterans' allowed in each nation's squad.

"I would play straight away, if they want me," he said.

"Every player dreams of the Olympics and I would like to play for the Under-21s."

Under-21s chief Foppe de Haan, who is preparing his side to face England in the semi-finals on Thursday, is a big fan of the Bayern midfielder and has welcomed the news.

"It is fantastic that Mark has come to have such a thought," he said.

"I obviously would like him to play with us and, with him, we could put the best team of all-time out there in Beijing."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go, van Bommel! Hopefully this will not tire him out though.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Van Bommel targets Olympics start

Postby Matakos » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:25 pm

MUTU wrote:Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel has expressed his desire to play for Holland again - but not under Marco van Basten.

Instead, the 30-year-old - who vowed not to represent his country so long as Van Basten is in charge - aims to join the Under-21s at the Olympics in Beijing next year.

The Netherlands have qualified for the Games having reached the last four of the European Under-21s Championships, and Van Bommel has put his name forward as one of the three eligible 'veterans' allowed in each nation's squad.

"I would play straight away, if they want me," he said.

"Every player dreams of the Olympics and I would like to play for the Under-21s."

Under-21s chief Foppe de Haan, who is preparing his side to face England in the semi-finals on Thursday, is a big fan of the Bayern midfielder and has welcomed the news.

"It is fantastic that Mark has come to have such a thought," he said.

"I obviously would like him to play with us and, with him, we could put the best team of all-time out there in Beijing."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go, van Bommel! Hopefully this will not tire him out though.

van bommel is 30 years old,how is he gonna play in the u-21's? :?
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:38 pm

Matakos wrote:van bommel is 30 years old,how is he gonna play in the u-21's? :?

ela vte. I was wondering the same thing
FC Bajern

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:34 pm

MUTU wrote:Van Bommel has put his name forward as one of the three eligible 'veterans' allowed in each nation's squad.

This must answer Matakos and FC Bajern's questions about van Bommel's eligibilty...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:46 am

FC Bajern wrote:
Matakos wrote:van bommel is 30 years old,how is he gonna play in the u-21's? :?

ela vte. I was wondering the same thing

i think each team is allowed at 3 players over 21, similar or the same as the under-21 tournaments going at the moment... the problem is, a lot of big clubs would release please to join the under 21's if they're of such quality hence the reason that the likes of rooney, c. ronaldo arjen robben and loads of others don't play... this is why imo under 21's football won't ever be of a great standard
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Van Bommel

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Bayern star Van Bommel banned
Associated Press, Updated 4 hours ago

MUNICH, Germany (AP) - German soccer officials suspended Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel for three League Cup matches for striking an opponent.

Van Bommel pushed his right hand into the groin of Stuttgart player Fernando Meira during Bayern's 2-0 semifinal win on Wednesday against VfB Stuttgart in the Bundesliga preseason tournament.
The country's sports court called it "blatant unsportsmanlike conduct."

Van Bommel will miss Saturday's League Cup final against Schalke along with two future cup games in coming years.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:58 pm

he deserved it.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernJ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:10 am

All team needs player like Van Bommel...
He is the player that i like... :twisted:
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:27 pm

he is a jackass...I don't encourage such players..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 pm

diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 pm

Mark van Bommel has been revealed as ‘Bayern Player of the Season 2006/07

The Bayern Top 10 of 2006/07 Season:

1. Mark van Bommel 22,1%
2. Roy Makaay 21,6%
3. Mehmet Scholl 13,6%
4. Oliver Kahn 10,0%
5. Bastian Schweinsteiger 8,5%
6. Hasan Salihamidzic 7,9%
7. Philipp Lahm 6,7%
8. Lukas Podolski 3,6%
9. Andreas Ottl 1,6%
10. Willy Sagnol 1,4%
FC Bajern

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 pm

I would say Brazzo and Pizarro deserve to be voted at least in the top 5...

The fact that they left acted against them in the poll....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:15 am

IMO no player deserved it this year. I'm not sure if anyone is with me on this one.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:45 am

MUTU wrote:IMO no player deserved it this year. I'm not sure if anyone is with me on this one.

Yeah but if any I would say Brazzo.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion