You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mark van Bommel

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:48 pm

FC Bajern wrote:Now when you say the suspension can take place in a period of one year does that mean that he can choose to miss one CL game for the coming September? (next CL)

It's a probation. Which means he won't get anything unless he does something else that goes against fair play.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:27 am

I'm glad that they made the decision now instead of a day or two before the game. I think he will be the target for some Madrid players which scares me.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:10 pm

If Van Bommel ends up being a target, it's OK he can take it. Look at him, he's a complete psycho! I'm glad he can play on Wed., he's not always great but he's proven to be very important to the team recently. Plus, he's got beef with Madrid, which is an essential attribute for any Bayern player, IMO. I think it's hilarious that he has to do the Fair Play thing for UEFA, imagine Van Bommel acting sane while on a football pitch!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:25 pm

I hope he won't get it for getting red carded, but I don't think so. Missing him for both legs against Milan would be a big loss.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:08 pm

don't think he will be... obviously he's out of the first leg for 5 yellows, but i think that'll be it!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Van Bommel banned for Milan tie :( Both legs

Postby charger256 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 pm

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/ne ... 15993.html

FC Bayern München midfielder Mark van Bommel will miss both legs of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final against AC Milan next month after being punished by UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body.

Dismissal
The Dutchman has been banned for one match as a result of his dismissal for a second yellow card in last week's first knockout round second-leg victory against Real Madrid CF. This ban will apply to the first leg in Milan on 3 April.

Inappropriate gestures
In addition, UEFA has decided to impose the suspended one-match ban (originally deferred for a year) handed to Van Bommel for making inappropriate gestures to supporters after scoring his side's second goal in the first leg in Madrid. Instead, Van Bommel will now serve a further one-match ban for the second leg against the Rossoneri in Munich on 11 April.

Disciplinary regulations
Under UEFA's disciplinary regulations (Article 15bis, para 3), if a further offence is committed during a probationary period, UEFA's disciplinary body may order the original sanction to be executed, in addition to disciplinary sanctions for the second offence.

Fair play
The other two disciplinary decisions imposed on Van Bommel from the match in Madrid will stand. The Control and Disciplinary Body ordered the 29-year-old to be at the disposal of UEFA to promote fair play during a youth competition this year. As well as this social and educational assignment, Van Bommel also received a fine of €6,200.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:37 pm

kevh26 wrote:don't think he will be... obviously he's out of the first leg for 5 yellows, but i think that'll be it!

Well, it got activated....He will miss two legs now...
That's a terrible blow for sure.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Well, it got activated....He will miss two legs now...
That's a terrible blow for sure.

i'm so angry about this.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:16 pm

It is deserved tho.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby yoanna » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:47 pm

yeah, but still makes you wanna curse out loud.
don't envy Ottmar now, kind of puts him in a difficult position. it's going to be really hard for him to find a solution to aforementioned problem.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:51 pm

Karl Heinz says that we'll appeal against the ban...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 pm

Its a true test now. And if we go out we can´t say it´s because VB was missing but we didn´t deserve to, but I´m counting on boys to prove their worth.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:45 pm

Van Bommel should have been extra careful to avoid getting himself and the team in this situation but I cannot help comparing situation to Frings suspension in the WC semi-final Germany vs Italy. Those Italians sure seem to know how to take advantage, and pull a couple of strings at the right time..........but let's hope they don't get away with it this time round.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:30 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Van Bommel should have been extra careful to avoid getting himself and the team in this situation but I cannot help comparing situation to Frings suspension in the WC semi-final Germany vs Italy. Those Italians sure seem to know how to take advantage, and pull a couple of strings at the right time..........but let's hope they don't get away with it this time round.

Only difference was that Frings was indispensable for the German NT..I mean he was the most important player in the midfield.

I don't think MVB has the same level of importance to Bayern. I think we can cope with it.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:20 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Only difference was that Frings was indispensable for the German NT..I mean he was the most important player in the midfield.

I don't think MVB has the same level of importance to Bayern. I think we can cope with it.

To me, MvB is as important to Bayern as Frings was to the NT, if not more. The reason is that he will be hard to replace as we don't have strength in depth. Without Van Bommel, Schweini will have to play centrally, but no player is really any good in the left midfield position. Probably Salihamidzic will have to play there with Goerlitz at RM?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion